Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487886 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17880 on: June 10, 2015, 12:46:08 pm »

ok I'm starting my new char just make Zoltan into a flesh golem by using his flesh nit brain to build a Frankenstein.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:49:32 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17881 on: June 10, 2015, 01:07:51 pm »

ok I'm starting my new char just make Zoltan into a flesh golem by using his flesh nit brain to build a Frankenstein.

Test subject for space magic? Test subject for space magic.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17882 on: June 10, 2015, 01:31:23 pm »

yup :) you guys can start fighting over him now
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17883 on: June 10, 2015, 01:32:30 pm »

To the team fund he goes!

Dibs, in case it matters.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:40:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17885 on: June 10, 2015, 04:31:14 pm »

I made a thing about Flint's action turn before last
You've got a rather posh voice there, Doris.

Also, Them roadtrip boys just fell for the oldest trick in the book.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17886 on: June 10, 2015, 05:06:58 pm »

God damnit. Welp, time to swan dive into the bones and make something new.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17887 on: June 10, 2015, 05:16:13 pm »

I'm somewhat curious as to what happens when an amp-shielding action backfires, seeing how people appear to be amp-shielding all too often right now.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17888 on: June 10, 2015, 05:20:02 pm »

To the team fund he goes!

Dibs, in case it matters.
may I ask, what type of space magic?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17889 on: June 10, 2015, 05:33:33 pm »

I'm somewhat curious as to what happens when an amp-shielding action backfires, seeing how people appear to be amp-shielding all too often right now.
if it fails it fails

crit-fails probably make the thing hit you harder, faster, stronger, burnier.

or just slam yourself into what you're trying to block.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17890 on: June 10, 2015, 08:50:23 pm »

Lyra's got +3 exotic so a 1 will probably be more like she rolled a 2 and a 6 more like a 5, unless she's trying something really hard in which case it will probably also have some bad side effects for her.

Hasala's got a +2. And if he needs to amp shield the shuttle from something, it's probably going to be difficult (or really difficult). So him rolling a 1 will probably be bad for him, maybe for others.

Then again, if they actually manage to coordinate and work together, it should become... I dunno, maybe a quarter less difficult? Half as difficult? So the above might be less severe. We haven't had any cooperating actions in the new system, I think. In the old, if one rolled high and the other low they were averaged, so if one had a critfail and the other succeeded, nothing happened, good or bad. In the new system, it might be that two people working together lowers the difficulty of the action, which would make our odds better.

That's my opinion/what my gut is telling me anyway and I have +0 intuition, so don't take my word for it. Piecewise is the one that has the first and final say on what is difficult.

@Doris: That's great.
And I love your voice/accent. Has the right feeling in it. That's more or less how I imagine people that have gone on a lot of missions (a lot being more than 3-4) sound like. Having found (or searching for) ways to cope with the stress of missions they pretend they are calm and argue about irrelevant things while their lives hang in the balance.

I just had an idea. Someone could do a short dramatic reading of some one of the more RP-rich sections of the game. (You know, because if they did a dramatic reading of an action turn it would be a bunch of guys screaming and a bunch of guys screaming conflicting orders and a lot of gunfire and alien noises. Kinda like war of the worlds. Then again, a war-of-the-worlds-like reading would be fun in its own way, with people on the radio talking about what they've discovered/what they're feeling/what they're fighting/what's eating them.)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17891 on: June 10, 2015, 09:10:29 pm »

Lyra's got +3 exotic so a 1 will probably be more like she rolled a 2 and a 6 more like a 5, unless she's trying something really hard in which case it will probably also have some bad side effects for her.

Hasala's got a +2. And if he needs to amp shield the shuttle from something, it's probably going to be difficult (or really difficult). So him rolling a 1 will probably be bad for him, maybe for others.

Then again, if they actually manage to coordinate and work together, it should become... I dunno, maybe a quarter less difficult? Half as difficult? So the above might be less severe. We haven't had any cooperating actions in the new system, I think. In the old, if one rolled high and the other low they were averaged, so if one had a critfail and the other succeeded, nothing happened, good or bad. In the new system, it might be that two people working together lowers the difficulty of the action, which would make our odds better.

That's my opinion/what my gut is telling me anyway and I have +0 intuition, so don't take my word for it. Piecewise is the one that has the first and final say on what is difficult.

@Doris: That's great.
And I love your voice/accent. Has the right feeling in it. That's more or less how I imagine people that have gone on a lot of missions (a lot being more than 3-4) sound like. Having found (or searching for) ways to cope with the stress of missions they pretend they are calm and argue about irrelevant things while their lives hang in the balance.

I just had an idea. Someone could do a short dramatic reading of some one of the more RP-rich sections of the game. (You know, because if they did a dramatic reading of an action turn it would be a bunch of guys screaming and a bunch of guys screaming conflicting orders and a lot of gunfire and alien noises. Kinda like war of the worlds. Then again, a war-of-the-worlds-like reading would be fun in its own way, with people on the radio talking about what they've discovered/what they're feeling/what they're fighting/what's eating them.)
yah it would be really cool, thought I wonder what: "It appears one of the men has started screaming and tore off his arm! Oh god the humanity, he just rammed the torn off arm into his eye. Oh god! he keeps pushing it in. Oh it appears he just slammed it in with his remaining arm and just got it completely slammed into his head. It appears he is dead for good. On another topic, it appears another man has just started decapitating the wounded and is carrying the body parts and heads into the escape craft. my oh my has this mission gone array. The man jsut shoved the body parts into a cooler along with the one man's corps. It appears they are all starting to fight but seems like no one is going to kill each other. Oh god how much worse could this get. There are two piles: one of loot and one of corpses and body parts!"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17892 on: June 10, 2015, 10:38:22 pm »

"The sense is in Algis, who guides protecting sense. May sense in him guides us to safety.
Смысл в Алгисе, проводнике смысла защищающего. Пусть смысл в нём проведёт нас к безопасности."

Bartholomew quietly prays.
Join Brother Lars in turreting

(( I can't wait for PW's description of this :P ))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17893 on: June 10, 2015, 10:54:53 pm »

A War-of-the-Worlds-style reading of Mission 20 would be fantastic. The plot's got everything: tragic-death-violence, dramatic-revenge-violence, underdog-violence, and comic-relief-violence. What more could you want from a story?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17894 on: June 11, 2015, 02:20:54 am »

ER would be pretty great for a radio play format, it occurs to me. You could even let alien noises and different varieties of screaming do a lot of the description.
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 2205