Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 [1186] 1187 1188 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489250 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17775 on: June 09, 2015, 09:58:51 am »

Hasn't PW said, multiple times before, that fleshknitter does not regenerate complex tissue? If it won't fix a lung moreso than just covering the wound with cells, it won't regenerate a brain, or a part of it.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17776 on: June 09, 2015, 10:00:22 am »

Hasn't PW said, multiple times before, that fleshknitter does not regenerate complex tissue? If it won't fix a lung moreso than just covering the wound with cells, it won't regenerate a brain, or a part of it.
still worth trying. might be fun or even get lucky, it's better then just injecting pure stem cells while having the body sit in an embryonic sac like environment.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17777 on: June 09, 2015, 10:01:03 am »

Also, maybe we should check with pw if tempdead people will even get a chance at revival, what with the long shuttle ride home. Or maybe there's fancy corpse preserving units aboard the shuttle. Or maybe it'll just be massive brain damage for all.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17778 on: June 09, 2015, 10:02:51 am »

Also, maybe we should check with pw if tempdead people will even get a chance at revival, what with the long shuttle ride home. Or maybe there's fancy corpse preserving units aboard the shuttle. Or maybe it'll just be massive brain damage for all.
yay! you get some brain damage, you get some brain damage, you all get some brain damage. Look under your seats, see that? That is a brand new ticket for brain damage. redeemable whenever!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17779 on: June 09, 2015, 10:07:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apart from that particular case, which is difficult to account for due to all the retcons, if a person complains to his rescuers that they didn't take his equipment and demands compensation, that might very well lead to said person being left behind next time something unfortunate happens. After all, once you're dead you only have your teammate's general morals and goodwill towards you to get you out of there.
ignoring my situation because its mostly irrelevant here.

If someone had the opportunity to recover my body and my gear with it, (as in the current situation), but chose to instead retrieve only my head and abandoned my gear... lets just say i wouldnt be thanking them and they should be careful in the showers...

if someone however only recovered my head because my body was being eaten away by acid or some sort of australian reptile that evolved to live in space... then i would grumble a lot, but id accept it with bad form...

you see the difference right?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17780 on: June 09, 2015, 10:15:02 am »

Of course, of course. If the case is clear cut like that, and people don't save your stuff out of lazyness, I can see what you mean. The problem occurs in borderline situations. What if your corpse lays there, and there's danger closing in? They might have enough time to drag the body and the gear, but that might slow them down so much they'll die themselves. So, if they then decide to play it safe and only take the head (even though there might have been a chance to save more), what then? And what if the situation is even less clear than that, and they don't even know if there is further danger. So, there might be danger incoming on an invisible timer (aka every second lost is very very bad), or not and they could take their sweet time.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17781 on: June 09, 2015, 10:27:00 am »

Borderlines of course would be a case by case type thing.

If you had the opportunity to save my body and started to take it but settled for just my head because a t-rex with laser cannons just broke through the walls of the space carnival id be a little more understanding...

But simply cutting it off because my body mightslow you down in future? Fuck that. Either jump in my exoskeleton and stuff me in my backpack or weld me to a battlesuits ass because im not gonna forgive that shit.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17782 on: June 09, 2015, 11:07:13 am »

It does regenerate cells, it just doesn't do it right. It's like with Mesk's (RIP Mesk  :'( ) bots regenerating his brain only for it to be blank, except not even growing it into right shape/form with fleshknitter. He'd end up with a misshapen lump of blank 'brain' cells in there - but Lenglon is right, there is some potential for eldritch trouble (as always), especially on this planet-sized embodiment of fleshhorroring. Slim chance, perhaps, but STAN happening was also slim chance. Good thing he doesn't have an amp installed, though.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17783 on: June 09, 2015, 11:11:55 am »

I thought most shuttles had stasis units in them?

Even if they don't, just sick their brains in a cooler, they'll be fine.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17784 on: June 09, 2015, 11:18:08 am »

If we have a cooler.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17785 on: June 09, 2015, 11:18:51 am »

I haven't been watching to hard. What's all this about friendly decapitation and protests against them? I support them wholeheartedly, but I want to know how this all started.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17786 on: June 09, 2015, 11:36:37 am »

If we have a cooler.

Eh, you're full of problems. Once we're no longer accelerating I can stick their heads inside Gilgamesh and turn everything off but the radiators. Without the AC working and nothing to heat the suit (I'm pretty sure there is no sun here) it should radiate enough heat to turn into a freezer very quickly considering how good it is at doing so. There, problem solved.

Edit: Or just set the temperature to really low, which will probably be easier and safer. The shuttle has some oxygen tanks I think so it should be able to re pressurize the battlesuit if the Irises are not airtight for some reason.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17787 on: June 09, 2015, 11:44:33 am »

If we have a cooler.

Eh, you're full of problems. Once we're no longer accelerating I can stick their heads inside Gilgamesh and turn everything off but the radiators. Without the AC working and nothing to heat the suit (I'm pretty sure there is no sun here) it should radiate enough heat to turn into a freezer very quickly considering how good it is at doing so. There, problem solved.

Edit: Or just set the temperature to really low, which will probably be easier and safer. The shuttle has some oxygen tanks I think so it should be able to re pressurize the battlesuit if the Irises are not airtight for some reason.

Gilgamesh will be hanging onto the suit by a cable probably, at least that's how Miya and Iveso will be going. You wanna do all that in zero-g outside the ship?

Also, if their heads are inside their heat-insulating helmets, they won't cool effectively. Might wanna take them out of it if there are indeed no freezers. Maybe just being in space will cool them enough (even though that goes kinda slowly).

But yeah, I always see potential problems. Kinda my job, y'know  :P

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17788 on: June 09, 2015, 11:53:17 am »

It's much safer and quicker to grab the shuttle. That's how you got to space in the sharkmist colony. And that way my body can protect part of the shuttle and even help it move by using my rockets. And I think that being careful and not trying to juggle with the heads will allow me to do this safely. You know, tie a rope around myself and everything. And I'm thinking that they might get harmed by lack of pressure, hence why it would be best to repressurize Gilgamesh after he's been opened and filled.

Anyway, I think there's no point discussing a hypothetical problem this thoroughly.

Edit: Besides, piecewise is apparently deciding how the extraction works for everyone, so there's no point discussing how we want to do things.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:01:48 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17789 on: June 09, 2015, 12:13:31 pm »

Wait, I was going to Lars, helping him reach the shuttle. That was my action for the past two turns. How did I teleport to the shuttle?

Eh, whatever, just end this.

Because at this point you not doing what you want to do is a running gag.

The punchline is dead teammates.

(I'm so sorry.)

Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 [1186] 1187 1188 ... 2205