Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 [1185] 1186 1187 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489034 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17760 on: June 09, 2015, 09:35:30 am »

Could some one kindly pump some stem cells into zoltan's head and hope his body repairs itself. of course there would be lots of memory loss, but hey, still alive.
you want me to fleshknitter your brain?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17761 on: June 09, 2015, 09:36:31 am »

Could some one kindly pump some stem cells into zoltan's head and hope his body repairs itself. of course there would be lots of memory loss, but hey, still alive.
uhhh sure. let's see if that works
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17762 on: June 09, 2015, 09:38:10 am »

You don't have an amp or anything right?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17763 on: June 09, 2015, 09:38:45 am »

You don't have an amp or anything right?
nope.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17764 on: June 09, 2015, 09:41:44 am »

It occurs to me that for purposes of speed, you could dice up the corpses with a monorazor or maybe something fancier and do an assembly-line style passing to the shuttle, where they all get thrown in one pile with their equipment. Later the pile gets sorted out in terms of what belongs to who.

Doubt it'd be very efficient (at least less so than just hauling the bodies in if possible), but quite an amusing rescue method nevertheless.

You could, however, work out a situation where you photograph the corpse and what it's got on it during the mission and, if otherwise extraction isn't possible, just take the head and provide the photograph to the AM so she can find rough matches to all the equipment lost. It'd be a bit expensive, but as an emergency measure (say, if somebody important is dead and there's a really big rush to get them out) might be acceptable.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17765 on: June 09, 2015, 09:42:27 am »

mind if i wait till we're on-ship? I don't want to risk shinanigins this close to mission end. it should just be 3-ish turns anyway, right? right? I mean, it's not like anything else will go wrong for Team BloodAllOverThePlace, right? We're home free, right? everything's going to be perfectly fine *nervous chuckling*  yes, yes perfectly fine. nothing to worry about here. nope nope nope nope nope. We're all going to be okay. it's allllllllllllllllllllllllll over. We're safe now, yessirie. sa'll good. yip. nothing to We're all going to die. worry about here!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17766 on: June 09, 2015, 09:43:56 am »

mind if i wait till we're on-ship? I don't want to risk shinanigins this close to mission end. it should just be 3-ish turns anyway, right? right? I mean, it's not like anything else will go wrong for Team BloodAllOverThePlace, right? We're home free, right? everything's going to be perfectly fine *nervous chuckling*  yes, yes perfectly fine. nothing to worry about here. nope nope nope nope nope. We're all going to be okay. it's allllllllllllllllllllllllll over. We're safe now, yessirie. sa'll good. yip. nothing to We're all going to die. worry about here!
uhhh ok?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17767 on: June 09, 2015, 09:45:13 am »

Technically, he will have probably been dead for five hours at that point, and thus very degenerated.

C'mon, do it now. Worst case scenario his skull just gets plugged up with what is essentially an enormous malignant brain tumor. Is that so bad? And the best case scenario is that he becomes viable and able to actually flex his brain on account of the fresh muscle put in there.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17768 on: June 09, 2015, 09:47:17 am »

Technically, he will have probably been dead for five hours at that point, and thus very degenerated.

C'mon, do it now. Worst case scenario his skull just gets plugged up with what is essentially an enormous malignant brain tumor. Is that so bad? And the best case scenario is that he becomes viable and able to actually flex his brain on account of the fresh muscle put in there.
uh actually my char killed himself right as the extraction team landed and everyone was dragged into the vehicle. so probably a little. but nothing to bad.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17769 on: June 09, 2015, 09:48:25 am »

@nikitian

theres a problem with your subtext there buddy, if they did that thing then the result is reversable and the thing is pointless.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17770 on: June 09, 2015, 09:49:16 am »

I ran the action through my "is the GM evil?" filter and came up with something much much worse than that. I'm not giving the GM ideas, okay? Just trust me in saying that the action could go really really wrong if I do it here. once we're in orbit and out of the planet's attack range, as long as I can have a teammate with weapon leveled at him when I do it, I'll do it then.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17771 on: June 09, 2015, 09:50:49 am »

I ran the action through my "is the GM evil?" filter and came up with something much much worse than that. I'm not giving the GM ideas, okay? Just trust me in saying that the action could go really really wrong if I do it here. once we're in orbit and out of the planet's attack range, as long as I can have a teammate with weapon leveled at him when I do it, I'll do it then.
what do you mean by that? trust me you won't like my next char who is going to essentially be the pyro with a modified bunch of tubes with a propane tank  hooked to one end.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17772 on: June 09, 2015, 09:52:17 am »

Well, now you have to do it. Think of the laughs we'll have! Stacy would have done it in a heartbeat, I'll tell you that much.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17773 on: June 09, 2015, 09:53:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Damn near, if i hadnt been retconned off the mission and the ship hadnt been nuked you can be damn sure i was gonna be extracting compensation for the lack of payment i would have recieved at the end of it.

Apart from that particular case, which is difficult to account for due to all the retcons, if a person complains to his rescuers that they didn't take his equipment and demands compensation, that might very well lead to said person being left behind next time something unfortunate happens. After all, once you're dead you only have your teammate's general morals and goodwill towards you to get you out of there.

Damn these OOC discussions ruining perfectly good bad decisions. There should be a rule for no OOC discussion of the current turn the way people are going at it. Way too much metagame from this otherwise.

I can very well see your point, but I'm afraid something like that might get a bit drastic, or very impractical at times. And unless the gm ever makes a clearer stand on stuff like this, we can only say we 'dissaprove of/dislike it', and that's it. Unless you can get to some sort of community agreement, but good luck with getting that (or ever enforcing it in some way).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17774 on: June 09, 2015, 09:53:37 am »

Well, now you have to do it. Think of the laughs we'll have! Stacy would have done it in a heartbeat, I'll tell you that much.
hmmm zombie zoltan sounds fun
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 [1185] 1186 1187 ... 2205