Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488800 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17580 on: June 05, 2015, 09:39:52 am »

@ not internal texting - You might have noticed that Lyra isn't exactly fully accepting of being part-robot. That literally has not occurred to her as a thing she can do now.

@ not bother trying with Lyra / Flint - Lyra has been acting independently, yes, and will continue to do so. However, her every action has been to attempt to benefit the mission and the team. She isn't prone to rampant looting, and does take risks to help teammates when it seems productive. however, she exercises her own judgement.

in this case, her judgement is saying that she would only get in the way if she tried to drag you around, and that she might get hurt from trying.

however, if you want her to amp instead of yourself, she'd be glad to. but you need to communicate that IC somehow. Lyra isn't going to double-amp the same problem unless it's a potential teamwipe problem (see: nuke)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17581 on: June 05, 2015, 09:53:41 am »

Wait, is Lyra a cyborg with a few fleshy bits or a full brain in a jar braincase robot? Because I think the wiki says the first thing. If not, then I can fix it when I get home.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17582 on: June 05, 2015, 10:03:11 am »

Wait, is Lyra a cyborg with a few fleshy bits or a full brain in a jar braincase robot? Because I think the wiki says the first thing. If not, then I can fix it when I get home.
Lyra is a synthflesh kitty

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17583 on: June 05, 2015, 11:00:14 am »

How about instead of texting your willingness to use amps on the problem, you tapped the side of your head and gestured at yourself? As it is, all my character sees is yours not doing anything. He doesn't know anything about your stats or custom body's strength.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17584 on: June 05, 2015, 11:20:59 am »

Mission 19 Claims Another.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #17585 on: June 05, 2015, 11:25:02 am »

Jesus Christ F*cking Superstar, M19, get yourself together! You lost a guy on a salvage mission in space with no aliens whatsoever.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17586 on: June 05, 2015, 11:32:09 am »

How about instead of texting your willingness to use amps on the problem, you tapped the side of your head and gestured at yourself? As it is, all my character sees is yours not doing anything. He doesn't know anything about your stats or custom body's strength.
that's a good idea. 1 moment.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17587 on: June 05, 2015, 11:34:20 am »

I imagine in his last moments Xan puffed his cheeks and tried to propel himself back by blowing really hard.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17588 on: June 05, 2015, 12:14:23 pm »

I imagine in his last moments Xan puffed his cheeks and tried to propel himself back by blowing really hard.
This is beautiful.

...what happens if the rescue team totally hamfists this? Will all the M19 people be permadead in the cold emptiness of space?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17589 on: June 05, 2015, 12:16:04 pm »

Probably
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17590 on: June 05, 2015, 12:21:33 pm »

A guy with -2 in med tried to set his broken arm and rolled a 1.

Luckily he didn't have any sort of explosives so he only managed to take himself out.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17591 on: June 05, 2015, 12:24:04 pm »

Wow.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17592 on: June 05, 2015, 12:27:52 pm »

m19 is cursed. Abandon all hope. Look upon the failings of your comrades, ye idiots in space, and despair.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17593 on: June 05, 2015, 12:34:16 pm »

It's strange how ER's gotten so great to watch lately. I'd nearly abandoned hope with all the bureaucratic stuff and talk about command structures and stuff like that!

But no, turns out all it takes is small groups, terrible decisions and big explosions to take us back to the days of non-stop fun.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #17594 on: June 05, 2015, 12:41:45 pm »

I just read up the Xan Decision story on Hasala's page. Given it happened just prior to M20 Snapdragon, where he happened to be in charge of a slaughterhouse, Hasala must have a lot on his plate right now.

I'll go add some more with that Rimma's reaction to Yaroslav's death.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 ... 2205