Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489471 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17535 on: June 04, 2015, 11:57:20 am »

Our milk runneth over.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17536 on: June 04, 2015, 11:58:34 am »

I like how the effect on the worm, its intended target, seems completely secondary to pw when there's players to maim.  :P
Well, thats because no one on the team could see the worm right now, so they couldn't know what happened with it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17537 on: June 04, 2015, 12:00:10 pm »

Team Snapdragon didn't wear their protective glasses. Now they don't need them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17538 on: June 04, 2015, 12:02:43 pm »

Flint should have seen a reaction from the worm.  Even if its head doesn't do the thinking, the body should have noticed the front end getting nuked.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17539 on: June 04, 2015, 12:20:32 pm »

Flint should have seen a reaction from the worm.  Even if its head doesn't do the thinking, the body should have noticed the front end getting nuked.
Flint technically doesn't see anything but a lot of rock falling down on him.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17540 on: June 04, 2015, 12:53:07 pm »

Aww man, Jason's gonna get an F.U.All F.U.I. if the Space Cops show up. Flying under the influence is bad. Also, posting drunk is bad. I meant to put on the gear in preparation for leaving when we got there, wasn't gonna put it on if I had to stay with the shuttle because it might be uncomfortable. I now see how that could have been misunderstood.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17541 on: June 04, 2015, 02:58:55 pm »

Right now, I think they're probably programmed to listen to sy. I don't think anyone else as specified.

Huh.  I've been assuming the sods just obey anyone in our command infrastructure, but it actually would make IC sense for Saint to make himself the commander.  Problem is, even if Steve didn't have control over Saint and his sods, I can't think of how I'd want to abuse my power.  I'm already in the best position I could be in.  But, hey...

:)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17542 on: June 04, 2015, 04:01:02 pm »

Oh, but there sure are positions up higher on the ladder which you could theoretically attain. You could be admitted on the Board of Generals, you could become the next science messiah of the ARM (the Doctor is soo last millenium!), and, given your brain-in-jar-ness and intimacy with pure mind-machine interaction, you could even probably try and upgrade yourself with enough wetware to eventually rival and replace Steve! And then you could rework some proto-Altered strains we keep around in a vat (we call those Iva-something, for some obscure reason) into full-blown Alteration of yourself and just consume this galaxy all for yourself! Then eat a Grate9-pill and consume the universe!

Just be careful and watch out for Xan the Xan in the later stages of that plan, though. He's still lurking somewhere out there, in the folds of the spacetime/causality fabric...
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17543 on: June 04, 2015, 04:19:26 pm »

Oh, but there sure are positions up higher on the ladder which you could theoretically attain. You could be admitted on the Board of Generals, you could become the next science messiah of the ARM (the Doctor is soo last millenium!), and, given your brain-in-jar-ness and intimacy with pure mind-machine interaction, you could even probably try and upgrade yourself with enough wetware to eventually rival and replace Steve! And then you could rework some proto-Altered strains we keep around in a vat (we call those Iva-something, for some obscure reason) into full-blown Alteration of yourself and just consume this galaxy all for yourself! Then eat a Grate9-pill and consume the universe!

Just be careful and watch out for Xan the Xan in the later stages of that plan, though. He's still lurking somewhere out there, in the folds of the spacetime/causality fabric...
This made me think of Oh, the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss for some reason. I now want to see an ER version of that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17544 on: June 04, 2015, 04:40:37 pm »

@Nik, in order:

I doubt I could be admitted onto the board of generals through a hostile takeover.  Maybe replace them, but I don't want Miya's job.  Or Milno's.  Certainly not Jim's.

I'm not the current science messiah?  The Doctor doesn't use science, so he can't be it.

I've been planning on turning Saint into a distributed intelligence for awhile, but that's not really a plan that's helped by an army.  Although, maybe I could make the army be my distributed intelligence?  Hmm.

Consuming the galaxy is no fun.  All my experiments happen there.

And Xan's no threat.  He never knew how to use his powers effectively; He was given a sonic screwdriver, and all he could see was nails.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17545 on: June 04, 2015, 05:06:46 pm »

I've been planning on turning Saint into a distributed intelligence for awhile, but that's not really a plan that's helped by an army.  Although, maybe I could make the army be my distributed intelligence?  Hmm.

:(

I suppose it's fun not being part of the game..  sigh.  If you just want to be part of Steve, just ask him to eat you, and bam, you're a distributed intelligence.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:08:34 pm by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17546 on: June 04, 2015, 07:00:06 pm »

And Xan's no threat.  He never knew how to use his powers effectively; He was given a sonic screwdriver, and all he could see was nails.
There's also the fact that I just wasn't qualified to use them effectively; before I could control myself I ate Stacy due to a partially misconstrued action, and then I got that instability that fucked me over the very next time I used them.
After all, according to the Doc, stopping my flesh horror events would've taken more willpower than I had at the time, and I had something like 25 or 30 will at the time. Maybe even 40, I don't remember.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17547 on: June 04, 2015, 08:55:32 pm »

Sorry for being so late people, I didn't notice the thread started moving again.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17548 on: June 04, 2015, 09:25:33 pm »

There's also the fact that I just wasn't qualified to use them effectively; before I could control myself I ate Stacy due to a partially misconstrued action, and then I got that instability that fucked me over the very next time I used them.
After all, according to the Doc, stopping my flesh horror events would've taken more willpower than I had at the time, and I had something like 25 or 30 will at the time. Maybe even 40, I don't remember.

I think the Doctor may have been talking about an entirely different kind of willpower than the stat :P

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17549 on: June 04, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »

I think the Doctor may have been talking about an entirely different kind of willpower than the stat :P
Like, the power of will to sway the hearts and minds of others, also known as Charisma?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 ... 2205