Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492985 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #17100 on: May 19, 2015, 06:50:05 am »

That's the log. The highlighted part at 21:36:29 is the one I was talking about. Don't know if you guys came to some other conclusion later, but I took that to mean that this is how things are going to be from now on. And that since it is an internal/hidden game mechanic, one that is not needed to be made known to the players, it wasn't mentioned in the "official" armoury page.
Spoiler: Part 1 (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17101 on: May 19, 2015, 06:50:43 am »

Spoiler: Part 2 (click to show/hide)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17102 on: May 19, 2015, 09:11:59 am »

Regardless: http://n-blox.com/

Level:5
Score: 7480
Lines: 47

Thats what I just got. I demand you beat it.
Level: 10
Score: 27,971
Lines: 91

Today I learned that either PW is bad at Tetris or I have more experience than I realized.
Level: 13
Score: 108,381
Lines: 126
:P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17103 on: May 19, 2015, 09:21:35 am »

That's the log. The highlighted part at 21:36:29 is the one I was talking about. Don't know if you guys came to some other conclusion later, but I took that to mean that this is how things are going to be from now on. And that since it is an internal/hidden game mechanic, one that is not needed to be made known to the players, it wasn't mentioned in the "official" armoury page.
I only see a single "what if" question with no follow-up. are you sure that's the log you ment to post?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17104 on: May 19, 2015, 09:41:02 am »

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. The part you highlighted was from before he even invented the system with the separate brains that have to be bought, far as I can see it. If that is correct, that would make that part... Kinda irrelevant.

Anyways, let's for a sec go with the idea that mindpoints should indeed recharge really slowly. What time frame are we talking then? Cause some missions take a few in-game hours, some a couple days, and once it was a year. So how long a time frame are we speaking for fully recharging? An hour, a day, a month? Cause that's kinda important to know, and nowhere is it apparently written down, even though it's a basic game mechanic. And judging from the fact that pw thought switching brains took a med roll, even though there's several instances of him saying it'd use aux, we might want to start writing down these mechanics clearly, cause he apparently forgets them in the middle of a mission. Had he not told us why exactly the brainswitching went so wrong, I would've lost 13 tokens worth of equipment for no good reason.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17105 on: May 19, 2015, 11:47:49 am »

Ah, sorry, looks like my memory failed me then. I remembered that was after the thing with the manipulators being brains. And that we were discussing how the new manipulators were going to work. I had to log out so I didn't see how the conversation ended. So you're right, it's very likely piecewise decided something else after I logged out.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:49:35 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17106 on: May 19, 2015, 12:24:15 pm »

Regardless: http://n-blox.com/

Level:5
Score: 7480
Lines: 47

Thats what I just got. I demand you beat it.
Level: 10
Score: 27,971
Lines: 91

Today I learned that either PW is bad at Tetris or I have more experience than I realized.
Score: 108,381
Lines: 126
:P

Bah!

Score: 92,738
Lines: 121
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17107 on: May 19, 2015, 01:37:27 pm »

How. Many level up will I get from this mission
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:32:03 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17108 on: May 19, 2015, 01:56:34 pm »

Thanks for the logs, Paris. It gave me the info I needed to find the *full* days logs. Which apparently should be in the OOC channel somewhere, according to the logs XD

Spoiler: The relevant part (click to show/hide)

I'll note that 'run out' is in quotes. This doesn't make it clear whether or not PW's statement earlier that day about mind points is active, but I think it makes way more sense as a slow regen rather than something that lets you swap around 2 brains forever without consequence.

My interpretation is that the 'mind points' manip brains have are functionally identical to those that players have, so whatever is true of the player pool of Mind Points is also true of the manip pool. Currently, I think that means it has slow regen that is only really possible to 'top off' between missions, or on exceptionally long missions like the Year-long one. So, resting a brain for a bit will let you take another shot without issue... but it won't let you take an entire fresh brain's worth of shots, which it sounds like is what you were expecting?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17109 on: May 19, 2015, 08:18:36 pm »

Would anyone be interested in playing Cards Against Humanity sometime? My wife found some website where you can make rooms and play.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17110 on: May 20, 2015, 01:55:28 am »

Nah, I was basically expecting regen to occur at a speed that allowed a used brain to be useful again, even if only partially, during the period of time of a normal mission, but the exact extend I didn't know. I'd be up for whatever, but it'd be nice to know. I guess my main issue is how unclear it all is, evidenced by the fact nobody even really knows how that (basic) game mechanic is supposed to work. And finding out a mechanic didn't work the way one thought it did in the middle of a tense, high stakes mission isn't ideal, to say the least. But, here's hoping we'll find out today when he runs the planet mission actions.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17111 on: May 20, 2015, 01:56:56 am »

Would anyone be interested in playing Cards Against Humanity sometime? My wife found some website where you can make rooms and play.
You can also make custom packs. I may have known of the site for a while.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17112 on: May 20, 2015, 02:23:08 am »

I'd be interested if you can manage to match my timezone.

Also, a custom ER pack could be fun. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17113 on: May 20, 2015, 02:39:59 am »

I'd be interested if you can manage to match my timezone.

Also, a custom ER pack could be fun. :P

Quote from: white card
Xantalos becoming a flesh horror. Again.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17114 on: May 20, 2015, 03:26:32 am »

Looks like mission 19 is about to release the bees...
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 2205