Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494437 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16755 on: May 05, 2015, 03:47:39 am »

@IronyOwl Yeah, I have actually thought the same: even if the similarities are striking, they are most probably not "human" Altered, if anything. Also, the existence of this step in civilization evolution kind of brings together the lack of more advanced civilizations in this galaxy: they all must have reached the "Altered" state (alternatively, if that's not the same thing, "Quiet" state of the Quiet Worlds) and, well, they were no more; maybe they have destroyed themselves, fled this galaxy (actually, can Haebi be remnants of some other Altered civilization of prehistoric times?) or, well, left this world to join the embrace of daddy Space Cthulhu out there, from which all Altered originate.

Second thing, from all the hype about the Altered and nothing nearly as hyped about Haebi, maybe they have a "weaker" strain of the same genes? As in, the Altered probably did not have brain clusters, for example, like the synthflesh (which, in all likelihood, is also based either on genes of daddy Space Cthulhu or a stabilized Altered strain itself), did they? And I don't think we've seen enough physics-bending the Altered are also known for (yet another link to the synth-flesh).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16756 on: May 05, 2015, 03:53:43 am »

Because other players keep getting me zapped for no reason and i want some sense of playability for my character.

Currently it feels like im playing a choose your own adventure game, minus the choose.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16757 on: May 05, 2015, 03:57:42 am »

I have another fun tidbit to throw into flames. What's common between amp, manips, synth-flesh and Altered? Bending physics. Time frame of appearance. Too bad Haebi doesn't fit into this nicely. But like Nik said, it could be from another civilization.

Then this breaking of universe? Could it be because of continued presence of intelligence? Maybe this isn't first time it happened? I can smell sweet conspiracy here! Something is waking up!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16758 on: May 05, 2015, 03:59:28 am »

Because other players keep getting me zapped for no reason and i want some sense of playability for my character.

Currently it feels like im playing a choose your own adventure game, minus the choose.
I figure that if enough people get pissed at command's decisions we can break off and form our own counter-revolution group MRA: Movement of Raging Assholes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16759 on: May 05, 2015, 04:15:06 am »

Well why not speak to your superiors in IC?
I mean, if you grate off of them, see why you were electrocuted, then see if you can find some middle ground, it's become this weird cycle to me, kinda like the chicken and the egg, where I can't figure out if you were zapped because you were kinda dangerous, or you were kinda dangerous because you got zapped, they have a perfectly good reason for your shock implant not to be removed, at least until you've talked things through with them, why not just play with the artefact in the meantime? You aren't in any rush to remove it.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16760 on: May 05, 2015, 04:48:25 am »

Oh im in a rush to remove it. I want it gone and i want it gone now.

Ive wanted it gone since the thing with Simus, the only reason ive held off till now was to protect you guys from me getting mindfucked. But thanks to your glorious leaders abusing authority they should never been given i can no longer afford that luxury.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16761 on: May 05, 2015, 04:55:25 am »

Edit: Sorry, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:07:56 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16762 on: May 05, 2015, 05:06:58 am »

I'm sorry guys, but I'll have to ask you to either work things through ic, or to take it to pm's. This is just asking people to barge in and comment, and things go downhill from there with this subject matter. So don't start, and don't enable each other, please. Any spectators needing to satisfy their morbid curiosity can subscribe to your newsletter.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16763 on: May 05, 2015, 05:08:41 am »

Sorry, I posted tired again.
This is why I should never post tired.
Alan help.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16764 on: May 05, 2015, 05:28:18 am »

In other news, is that game of your still a thing?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16765 on: May 05, 2015, 05:37:35 am »

Please be, I wanna crush some bitches
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16766 on: May 05, 2015, 05:44:58 am »

You know let me just clear the "why" up for you anyway.

My entire enjoyment when playing this stems from the idea that i get to make a choice, and if im too greedy, or too careless, or simply too damn unlucky then i create a situation where i may get horribly maimed.

If i have an army of players with sticks up their butts saying "you cant do that, do this or we'll prevent the GM from running your action and/or try to have your character killed" and denying me my right to that choice, then what the fuck is the point of me even playing?

Dont answer that yet, take the night and think about it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16767 on: May 05, 2015, 05:52:11 am »

Oh sonnofa...

Anyone who wanna respond to that: do it via pm. U_P, that counts for you as well.

Please be, I wanna crush some bitches

[puts on trashtalk hat]

You gon' get crumped sonny boy!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16768 on: May 05, 2015, 06:07:18 am »

I did say not to respond to it until tomorrow...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16769 on: May 05, 2015, 06:43:45 am »

Um, Radio, his argument affects all of us, and it can't be argued properly IC because it's about a player's freedom of choice. It's right where it belongs here in the OOC thread.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 ... 2205