Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496445 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16245 on: April 22, 2015, 04:29:22 pm »

My disease generator created something very similar to ebola.

We're in good territory.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16246 on: April 22, 2015, 04:30:55 pm »

My disease generator created something very similar to ebola.

We're in good territory.

Oh dear.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #16247 on: April 22, 2015, 04:44:55 pm »

On a scale from one to OH GOD WE'RE DOOMED, how worried should we be about this?
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16248 on: April 22, 2015, 04:49:13 pm »

On a scale from one to OH GOD WE'RE DOOMED, how worried should we be about this?

You mean you weren't already on "OH GOD WE'RE DOOMED"?

We may need to work on your paranoia :P

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #16249 on: April 22, 2015, 04:59:26 pm »

I was already expecting OH GOD WE'RE DOOMED, I just wanted to know if it wasn't quite as bad as that.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16250 on: April 22, 2015, 05:05:03 pm »

Swordsmith, are you ok with how Lyra kinda split off on her own like she did? She and Flint (1 vet from each team) split off and are forward-scouting without permission or whatever, but it seems like it's working decently well so...
Eh. It's mildly annoying, and an ugly precedent, but it's working well, as you said. I'd prefer if Flint stayed with the team, what with the lack of cover and his battlesuit. Neither of you have anything below Tier 3, either.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16251 on: April 22, 2015, 06:19:19 pm »

There should be a sign when you first enter this subforum: Abandon all hope, ye who enter.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16252 on: April 22, 2015, 06:25:31 pm »

Quote from:  Thaddeus  To: Milno
You were right.
So now the question is... who will be left?
Get it? Right, left?
Who will be left as in who will be left alive?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: April 22, 2015, 06:29:53 pm »

M19 team fails, M20 people never get off planet, Steve gets upset at losing his kouhai miyamoto-kun and vents everyone on the sword, total playerbase kill, ER BAD END

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: April 22, 2015, 06:33:45 pm »

I'd fix it myself if I knew how, but could somebody edit Elias Shrike's wiki page? It says he has a Kinetic Amplifier rather than a Kinamp Fist. I'm not sure if having the amplifier on its own rather than the fist implant changes anything, but it would be helpful to change it, so we avoid confusion later on.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16255 on: April 22, 2015, 06:35:34 pm »

Say Cheesecake, you should probably bold yer action.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: April 22, 2015, 06:36:30 pm »

I'd fix it myself if I knew how, but could somebody edit Elias Shrike's wiki page? It says he has a Kinetic Amplifier rather than a Kinamp Fist. I'm not sure if having the amplifier on its own rather than the fist implant changes anything, but it would be helpful to change it, so we avoid confusion later on.

Done, and the difference is pretty minor, but I'm sure PW will come up with a reason to make it an issue

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: April 22, 2015, 06:48:13 pm »

A kinetic amp is a much better choice than a kinamp fist. They cost the same and do the exact same thing, but the kinamp fist takes one of your body mod slots.
And Elias can't even use it, since his hands aren't robot.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: April 22, 2015, 06:54:14 pm »

M19 team fails, M20 people never get off planet, Steve gets upset at losing his kouhai miyamoto-kun and vents everyone on the sword, total playerbase kill, ER BAD END
So you can see that, but you cant see why i need to be able to take independant actions in a quick and efficient manner.

Not inspiring confidence.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16259 on: April 22, 2015, 07:06:39 pm »

Swordsmith, are you ok with how Lyra kinda split off on her own like she did? She and Flint (1 vet from each team) split off and are forward-scouting without permission or whatever, but it seems like it's working decently well so...
Eh. It's mildly annoying, and an ugly precedent, but it's working well, as you said. I'd prefer if Flint stayed with the team, what with the lack of cover and his battlesuit. Neither of you have anything below Tier 3, either.
Eh, I don't feel very comfortable just standing there, waiting for something to come stab me so that I can stab it back, until they develop something that can spray me and melt the BS or until they develop something huge that calls for my heavy weapons. Its a waste of resources to stay there. You've got a guy with battlesuit-level strength and sensors and you got sufficient weapons. I on the other hand am not allowed to use my weapons. I don't see what me being there adds.

Lyra on the other hand could be useful when someone gets injured, but there's also a high chance that she gets injured herself due to proximity with you and is unable to act when she's really needed, so it's more of an "either works" with her, as long as I do not take any stupid risks with her life.

Better to scout around and keep the medic safe while you guys die.Then I can come in like the cavalry when you really need help. Or I'll get lucky and locate the brain in which case I can call the recovery shuttle and either airlift you in to help me and Lyra recover it or just start cutting so that I can disconnect the brain and weaken them while I wait for you to arrive.

And Flint has no problem with obeying orders he does not agree with if given by Miyamoto, mostly because he respects him and knows he'll at least listen to him. Your char is just some guy he doesn't know as anything other than a corpse he saw once, which now suddenly got put in charge. He has no respect for him and doesn't feel any obligation to follow his orders. He'll just go ahead and do what he thinks is best, which usually involves more danger for him but higher overall reward for everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 ... 2205