Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496684 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16125 on: April 20, 2015, 03:25:13 am »

I call 1 (one) Gunsmith character in that new game, by the way. It will probably be a sort of Gentleman class.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:28:31 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: April 20, 2015, 03:27:39 am »

Fisticuffs I think I'll go. I'll become leader of the tribes of filthy natives through sheer Imperial muscle!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: April 20, 2015, 04:06:18 am »

the logging bot inexplicably draws the ire of the channel admin once again

Oh, it's not inexplicable. Rem kicks the poor bot whenever someone brings it to his attention, almost as if bots draw his ire merely by existing. Someone should tell Steve. :P

abbradar is going to configure it to reconnect after a delay, when he gets some free time. So Rem can punch it and get some privacy.  ;D

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16128 on: April 20, 2015, 05:10:13 am »

I haven't read the entire log, but there should be competing adventurers. Maybe from the same society, maybe from a competingb society. Then people could say "Oh, damn it, it's Sir Mustache's expedition again! It's like they somehow always know where we're going. Well, this time we're not letting them beat us to the punch!" It could help keep people from dawdling (unless the players decide to try to burn their camp while they sleep).

Maybe even from different countries, like ze German adwenturers or Thpanith conquistadors with funny haths. It would help add some opportunities for competition or diplomacy (and would inevitably lead to sabotage, war or war by proxy).

EDIT: Oh, and I had a dream that in a twist ending ended up being ER related. The perspective I was following was a man going through a futuristic city that was suffering from a zombie Apocalypse along with his team. I don't remember the details, but the team somehow ended up dead or infected and the man who's eyes I was watching through (I could tell it wasn't me because I couldn't hear his thoughts) was the only one left. He finally reached a military facility, where a soldier urged him into an elevator and to the medical level. I saw the soldier get attacked and die through the elevator's glass door as it got higher and higher until the elevator exited the lobby and entered a concrete shaft.
In there, a zombie capybara suddenly burst through the elevator floor and tried to attack the protagonist. He managed to kick it and punch it until it fell down the elevator shaft, but got a small cut in the process.
The moment he arrived to the medical level, he was greeted by a man in fullbody white suits, doctor's mask and safety goggles. As he explained to him that he was scratched and that he needs help, he was taken through rooms with more of those men in white and had some liquids and a strange plastic device applied to his scratch.
He reached a quarantine area where the head doctor pointed him to a transparent cell from his desk which was right opposite to the cells. But the cell was full of blood and there was a mutilated zombie strapped to a bed there. The protagonist said he can't stay in such a crappy room full of blood and asked what he should do about it and the head doctor told him to take a mop and clean it up. The protagonist shrugged and asked if it was dead and the doctor replied "Sure." and pressed a button to demonstrate. There was a sound of capacitors charging and the mutilated zombie spasmed but remained down and unmoving, but the other zombies in the other cells also got hit by electricity and got agitated. They started banging on their doors, causing cracks to appear. The protagonist grabbed a fire extinguisher, opened a door and started bashing one of the agitated zombie's head in. The doctor liked the initiative he displayed and ordered some security guards to follow his example. The guards grabbed heavy objects and started doing the same, until one of them was bit. He started panicking, got into an argument with the others, said something about being "better with the zombies than with you!" and opened all the doors, releasing all the zombies. The protagonist tried to fight, but more and more were coming from other rooms. Everyone died, everyone but him and the doctor, the doctor who was watching him from his desk while the zombies completely ignored him, even though they passed right next to his desk.
Until the main character realized there were far too many zombies. In fact, there were impossibly many zombies. They were coming from everywhere, even appearing in cells that should be empty. That's when he realized that this isn't real and said "This is not real. But we're all going to die here." At that point, the zombies slowed down and the phone of the main desk started ringing. The head doctor, who continued to be incredibly calm and ignored by zombies slowly picked up the phone and said "Indeed. You're all going to die here." as he put it in his ear. After a small delay he extended his hand and offered the man the phone, saying "It's for you."
The man runs to the desk and picks up the phone, frantically trying to avoid the zombies who are slowly getting closer. The voice in the phone identified itself as Steve and told the man, who he called Miyamoto, that he did good and that he can exit now. An elevator door behind the doctor opened. The man jumped over the desk and entered the elevator, the doors closing behind him. As the elevator descended, the voice calling itself Steve told the protagonist that humanity needed him and that he needed the protagonist to become a leader. He also needed him to create a team of powerful individuals who were not constrained by morals for a mission of great importance. He said the future of humanity depended on it. (Kinda reminded me of god saving a man and then telling him to become a prophet) The elevator doors opened into a thin deep red sandy canyon with small caves on its walls and strangely angular shape. He noticed that the gravity was lower (I guessed it was Mars). The protagonist kept walking around until he caught sight of a smiling young man. He wore grey-white clothes without shoes and he somehow looked luminous, like he was reflecting sunlight despite standing in the shade. He turned around and walked away. When the protagonist tried to follow him, the only thing he found was a single footstep in the sand. That's when he realised that he was not leaving any footsteps either. He kept going the way the smiling young man went until he reached a dark cave.
There was water falling from the ceiling of the cavern, forming a puddle in a strange crater. There was also a cable running along the ceiling, going to a tall black triangular machine that looked inactive. The protagonist looked at the crater until he realised it wasn't a crater but human footprints. Several of them in the exact same spot, each of them larger than the previous one, so large they caused a hole to appear in the wall. Like a four dimensional footstep was compressed in three dimensional space.
The protagonist looked up and saw a hole in the ceiling. He flapped his arms and started flying. He went through the hole. The sun had just set. But he could still see the city. Or at least its outline. A human city, incredibly advanced and yet abandoned, only a few of its lights still on, probably automated. After flying for a while, he turned his eyes towards the sky and started flying towards it. Night was coming and the stars were appearing. One star kept getting larger and brighter, so bright it caused others to disappear.
The protagonist woke up in a dark room and after a few seconds of contemplation and quick breathing, he said "I know what to do."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:25:34 am by Parisbre56 »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: April 20, 2015, 05:27:53 am »

Maybe even from different countries, like ze German adwenturers or Thpanith conquistadors with funny haths. It would help add some opportunities for competition or diplomacy (and would inevitably lead to sabotage, war or war by proxy).

Yeah, like, you sail far into the arctic ocean, cross icy deserts, lose your best friend and two favorite dogs only to find out you wandered into the land of aggressive inuits under protectorate of Rooskies who were just in the middle of tactic drill with their expiditionary forces.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:36:47 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16130 on: April 20, 2015, 07:07:53 am »

"Da, the sovjet union will pruvide amnesty to your wayward wessel."
"The Soviet Union? I thought you guys do not exist yet."
"Niet! That's wat we wanted you to believe!"
-paraphrased from what I consider to be the best Simpsons episode ever.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16131 on: April 20, 2015, 08:14:09 am »

"Da, the sovjet union will pruvide amnesty to your wayward wessel."
"The Soviet Union? I thought you guys do not exist yet."
"Niet! That's wat we wanted you to believe!"
-paraphrased from what I consider to be the best Simpsons episode ever.

Да.
I know exactly what are you talking about. I especially like that memorial board on Berlin wall that says "It is gone and it feels so good." Best episode ever.
Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16132 on: April 20, 2015, 08:24:38 am »

Yeah, and the "I want peas." dialogue or when the guy in the sub exclaims "We've been hit by an officer!", the penguins out of nowhere. The entire episode is golden.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: April 20, 2015, 08:32:24 am »

Do you think that we could put someone a Wheelchair and then use them as a surprise weapon during urban missions?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16134 on: April 20, 2015, 08:38:59 am »

Do you think that we could put someone a Wheelchair and then use them as a surprise weapon during urban missions?

Not it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16135 on: April 20, 2015, 08:40:50 am »

Hey, if you could modify a rocket bike to have unpowered detachable wheels and some strategic hiding of the jets, then you could totally have a dude who looks like he/she is wheelchair bound, but an hour later will be high in the sky exploding heads.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16136 on: April 20, 2015, 08:43:43 am »

Not it.
If we do it I'm totally calling wheelchair duty.

Hey, if you could modify a rocket bike to have unpowered detachable wheels and some strategic hiding of the jets, then you could totally have a dude who looks like he/she is wheelchair bound, but an hour later will be high in the sky exploding heads.
And we could hide guns in the bottom as well! They would expect an amp user to be put in a wheelchair but who would expect a conventional weapon user!?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16137 on: April 20, 2015, 08:45:53 am »

Give it spider legs and miniguns.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: April 20, 2015, 08:46:11 am »

Dammit now I'm being enticed by all this wheelchair stuff, if I survive long enough to be A: Able to pilot a rocket chair and B: Have a good long range weapon, I am totally calling dibs.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16139 on: April 20, 2015, 08:50:57 am »

Dammit now I'm being enticed by all this wheelchair stuff, if I survive long enough to be A: Able to pilot a rocket chair and B: Have a good long range weapon, I am totally calling dibs.
Obviously we have to make an entire team just of Tricksy wheelchair people! Team G.
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 2205