Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496756 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #16095 on: April 19, 2015, 10:44:53 am »

HEY PIECEWISE

Do we have magic in that upcoming game of yours? Yes/No/Maybe
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16096 on: April 19, 2015, 10:49:43 am »

It could be the more voodoo kind of magic you see in films. Maybe ripping out people's hearts or doing strange rituals involving animal blood and resurrection or contacting spirits, creating zombies and invincible pain-free warriors that see beyond the material world and take on the aspects of animals, causing drug-induced hallucinations and such. Not that those things have to be real, you/the savages just have to convince the players that those things are real via use of deception and their knowledge of the land. Then next thing you know you have players covered in blood and drawing strange symbols on them overdosing in whatever LSD-esque thing the land provides.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: April 19, 2015, 10:56:42 am »

It could be the more voodoo kind of magic you see in films. Maybe ripping out people's hearts or doing strange rituals involving animal blood and resurrection or contacting spirits, creating zombies and invincible pain-free warriors that see beyond the material world and take on the aspects of animals, causing drug-induced hallucinations and such. Not that those things have to be real, you/the savages just have to convince the players that those things are real via use of deception and their knowledge of the land. Then next thing you know you have players covered in blood and drawing strange symbols on them overdosing in whatever LSD-esque thing the land provides.

This would be neat. I don't like that "use amps errday" concept we have in ER, frankly.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: April 19, 2015, 11:20:55 am »

I know enough about amps that I feel glad I don't use them.

@Unholy_Pariah: renegade's orders are staying with him and Dubley instead of going with the computer grab group.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16099 on: April 19, 2015, 12:04:24 pm »

HEY PIECEWISE

I can confirm it won't be strictly realistic and that there will be fantastic elements. But don't expect to be throwing spells or anything.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16100 on: April 19, 2015, 12:10:26 pm »

HEY PIECEWISE
I can confirm it won't be strictly realistic and that there will be fantastic elements. But don't expect to be throwing spells or anything.

That is very fine. I hoped for such an answer. We gonna have late XIX century guns (not exactly real ones) though, correct?
Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16101 on: April 19, 2015, 12:23:18 pm »

HEY PIECEWISE

That is very fine. I hoped for such an answer. We gonna have late XIX century guns (not exactly real ones) though, correct?
Think Victorian era, so yes. Things like the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martini-Henry  posted earlier.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: April 19, 2015, 12:28:28 pm »

Coolio. I've found some neat designs I hope I'll employ in-game. All of those were invented between 1850 and 1900, so they fit the era.
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16104 on: April 19, 2015, 12:36:19 pm »

Now I just need to do the rules and run it past a few munchkins to find errors and balance problems.

syvarris happily offers his services for this phase.
I'll try my hand as well.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16105 on: April 19, 2015, 01:20:30 pm »

I volunteer!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16106 on: April 19, 2015, 01:21:09 pm »

I too.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16107 on: April 19, 2015, 01:41:28 pm »

People have an opinion of the airstrike mechanic proposal I made, and what option they'd prefer? I think I like the second suggestion the most, where it costs some tokens to have the gunship deployed, and then more token(s) each time you call it in. PW wanted the gunship player controlled, but said it'd be ok if it were drone controlled (mostly cause I can't imagine who would wanna spend an entire mission as not actually part of it (aka no pay or lvl up) and doing nothing, but maybe that's just me, so we can leave the option for that open (maybe with a pilot, their aux skill is taken into account, possibly improving odds). I'd say maybe for a token you get 2 vouchers or something, and the more vouchers you spend on a strike the bigger it gets (eg 1 voucher: 1 short pulse of laser at target, 2 vouchers get you a 5 second sweep, 3 vouchers a small missile, etc).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16108 on: April 19, 2015, 01:58:13 pm »

The 'controlled by player' thing could possibly be done via remote robobody piloting?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16109 on: April 19, 2015, 02:29:31 pm »

Could  add the player controlled setting as a way for people who know they are going to be busy/semi-inactive to participate on missions to a lesser extent, essentially allowing others to control them while simultaneously increasing the ship's effectiveness. Not sure if it's worth the trouble though...
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 2205