Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493969 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15165 on: April 06, 2015, 10:54:49 am »

Why are you on the Council then? XD

edit: ninja'd!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15166 on: April 06, 2015, 10:56:21 am »

Who do you choose to guard the candy shop: the sugar addict, or the one who lost his best friend to diabetes?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15167 on: April 06, 2015, 11:00:47 am »

Why are you on the Council then? XD
Somebody has to do it!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15168 on: April 06, 2015, 11:01:58 am »

Hey, non-tinker people. You, ordinary soldiery dude with the bleeding chest wound.

What do you need in your increasingly difficult job of murder and not being murdered? What needs  or niches do you need to have filled? It will help guide the work of Heph.

Hm... Some of the transitions (used to) seem rough.  For example, there was practically no real armor option short of a battlesuit, and I always felt there was some sort of gulf in weapons.  That said, with the Sharksuit, Milnoplate being standardized, the Spectr, Raduga, and Siblius, it's hard to point to a specific void.  That said, the new armor options need to be quantified.  (armor thickness joke)

Hmmmmm... the only think I can think of is the "emergency" tools are a bit limited.  No one wants to spend money on a nuke they can only use once.  Perhaps some sort of high yield device that isn't entirely consumable, but must be recharged between uses and is only conceivable to do that on ship?  Like a fixed 2x shot PEW that is the firing port plus a capacitor, but no power source?

Auto-taser system:  Something that could send an alert to Steve "This unit is behaving erratically" might be useful.  He can see what we're doing, but he's not actually paying attention to everything all the time.  If you get his attention, he can make the call to disable faster.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15169 on: April 06, 2015, 11:08:21 am »

@Paris: Except for the fact there's no difference between a brainless Jim and a normal synthflesh body that someone put two extra arms on. So... what exactly is the point? Steve could have just slapped the extra arms on his own synthflesh avatar and called it a day.
If I understand it correctly, they'll be using what's left of your brain for some sort of experiment. And before you ask "why my brain?", do you know any handy brains with 40 willpower and almost +3 exo lying around around that have survived almost 10 missions and were great with amps? After all, we don't have the vast training facilities of the UWM and we can't clone or replicate brains or anything like that and have them work with amps due to the way space magic works. So really, Jim just had some convenient brain matter the doctor wanted for his experiments. He didn't pick Jim because he was obsessed with him or something. It just made more sense in universe than saying "Oh, we just happened to find that perfect brain for that experiment somewhere in the doctor's closet" or something. Jim's brain just gave piecewise a convenient plot device.

To give you a better analogy it's like a necromancer in your party using an animate dead spell to raise your corpse and use it to fight some enemy. It's not disrespecting you as a player, it's simply logical, the mage choosing the corpse that would create the best zombie (although it might be deemed disrepsectful IC depending on the ethics of the party and of the world you are in). In this case the player character just happened to die due to sudden heart attack due to the player leaving the game.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15170 on: April 06, 2015, 11:09:16 am »

Some kind of defense systems against Amps/Manips, maybe? You can layer on more armor to stop bullets and lasers, but I haven't seen a defense against these two that doesn't boil down to "hit them first".
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15171 on: April 06, 2015, 11:24:16 am »

I should have just killed Jim myself when I had the chance.
Don't worry. Jim is dead. We're just using the body for raw materials now. He's got a good brain, too good to waste.  But don't worry, you are, for all intents and purposes you're dead. Think of it like you've donated your body to science. The closest you're gonna get to resurrected is when Sean or Maurice inevitably pick up your corpse and drag it somewhere.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:31:48 am by piecewise »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15172 on: April 06, 2015, 12:09:16 pm »

Who do you choose to guard the candy shop: the sugar addict, or the one who lost his best friend to diabetes?
Sugar addict, nothing less. Those willy nilly "lost their best friend to diabetes" have no idea how to properly guard those heaps and heaps of candies. They have no intimate relationship with sugar, only hatred and fear. Granted, that is much better than picking a random schmuck for the job, but still way, way, way behind the sugar addict.

Especially if you have a chip in that addict's brain that will electrocute him every time he goes after the sugar stocks for personal reasons.

Come to think of it, I just explained myself why amp-users are the preferred kind of space wizards for Steve. And why he left the Hephaestus over to that particular crew (including me finally joining them there). Huh.

Hm... Some of the transitions (used to) seem rough.  For example, there was practically no real armor option short of a battlesuit, and I always felt there was some sort of gulf in weapons.  That said, with the Sharksuit, Milnoplate being standardized, the Spectr, Raduga, and Siblius, it's hard to point to a specific void.  That said, the new armor options need to be quantified.  (armor thickness joke)
Well, I'll humbly remind you that the Protectorate suit remains (and is probably getting upgraded with new materials, one way or another). You know, that bulky tin can "man-wearable minibattlesuit" armor piece.
But yeah, there might or might not be a gulf still.

On suggestions to all people: Thank you, all are duly noted! We'll be working on a lot of that stuff soon. And much of the rest afterwards.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15173 on: April 06, 2015, 12:15:01 pm »

So, PW, are we still allowed to do more 'traditional' (so to speak) tinkering? Where a character wants to fiddle with their equipment in the Tinker program, as opposed to make an entirely new thing specifically for other people to buy?

Cause that's what I would *like* to be doing with the drones (not that I mind working on an armory entry, if that's what you'd rather happen)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15174 on: April 06, 2015, 12:17:37 pm »

Lars is selling his MkIII suit (new cost: 10) for 7 tokens.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15175 on: April 06, 2015, 12:33:20 pm »

Jim is officially on the wall of remembrance. His character will never be used again.

That good enough for you SC?

So, PW, are we still allowed to do more 'traditional' (so to speak) tinkering? Where a character wants to fiddle with their equipment in the Tinker program, as opposed to make an entirely new thing specifically for other people to buy?

Cause that's what I would *like* to be doing with the drones (not that I mind working on an armory entry, if that's what you'd rather happen)
You can, but lets wait till people are off ship. Or do it in IRC.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15176 on: April 06, 2015, 01:21:17 pm »

Some kind of defense systems against Amps/Manips, maybe? You can layer on more armor to stop bullets and lasers, but I haven't seen a defense against these two that doesn't boil down to "hit them first".

There's actually a really easy and effective method to do this: Use those anti-space magic poles that were in on-ship.

Problem is, they rot your soul, so we're not allowed to use them.  That's no a problem for sods though, and they would be easily carryable by Heavy Robotic Bodies, but... umm... No.  Not allowed to have mobile anti-space magic troops.  Because that would be... something.

So yeah, we don't really know any way to defend against SM, aside from the old standard of "Hope that all enemy space magic users will be idiots who hover around and psychically throw things that your armor protects against, rather than simply cooking your brain."  We might be able to develop a defense from alien tech or something, but I don't see why PW would let us use that instead. :\

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15177 on: April 06, 2015, 01:37:26 pm »

Automanips work to defend against amps/manips. An automanip to keep your body within a certain temperature range could defend completely from microwave amps. The problem is that they are expensive and have limited uses.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15178 on: April 06, 2015, 01:43:18 pm »

Well, the ones above a certain size last forever because they generate their own power somehow.
So if you spend somewhere around probably 50 tokens and lug around a car-sized block of metal forever, you'll be safe!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15179 on: April 06, 2015, 02:00:30 pm »

Also, get a drum of booze. I know I can't use it to start a fire due to low atmosphere, but I might be able to get the planet drunk.
Thrak smiles on you and high-fives, bro. Wherever he is now.

(Though you might rather want a cistern or a super-tanker of booze to get the planet drunk. But I still applaud your effort.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 2205