Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491169 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14955 on: April 03, 2015, 06:49:10 pm »

Uhh, is Tek still a mummy?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14956 on: April 03, 2015, 07:06:25 pm »

Uhh, is Tek still a mummy?

It lasts for three days, and he's been a mummy for, what, a few hours?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: April 03, 2015, 07:09:34 pm »

Could someone use a bit of rebar as ammo in a Gauss rifle.
Depends on the dimensions and composition of it. It has to you know, fit inside the barrel and be ferromagnetic. Though as long as it satisfies the latter you could probably just cut it into chunks that fit.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: April 03, 2015, 10:08:40 pm »

First, I've proven terrible at catching PW and making him answer things, so can someone try to get him to answer the below quote?

Question: What happens to the various battlesuit-improvements that have been made?

The current battlesuit was given a +2 AUX requirement, which cheapened it down to 15 tokens.  But both the Assaultsuit and Heavy Robotic Body are designed to work directly off the user's mental input, so they probably wouldn't need to have an AUX requirement, and therefore wouldn't get the discount.

The Assaultsuit could just be retconned to not have an MMI, and work by the same mechanism as a battlesuit, but what about the Heavy Robotic Body?  It costs 16 or 18 tokens at the cheapest, but is almost entirely inferior to the AS, except for not needing AUX and being smaller.

Also, several of the robotic body upgrades that you described being available are already built into the Heavy Robotic Body.  Sometimes, they're no much cheaper than it.  Would that mean the HRB needs an int requirement?

Second, somebody requested an MCP suit in the on-ship thread.  I'm pretty sure MCP suits are supposed to be the only suits we're provided with, now.  Nobody should have MK.Is anymore, because they are completely inferior.  At least, that was what was intended before they were prototyped.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14959 on: April 03, 2015, 10:16:49 pm »

First, I've proven terrible at catching PW and making him answer things, so can someone try to get him to answer the below quote?

Question: What happens to the various battlesuit-improvements that have been made?

The current battlesuit was given a +2 AUX requirement, which cheapened it down to 15 tokens.  But both the Assaultsuit and Heavy Robotic Body are designed to work directly off the user's mental input, so they probably wouldn't need to have an AUX requirement, and therefore wouldn't get the discount.

The Assaultsuit could just be retconned to not have an MMI, and work by the same mechanism as a battlesuit, but what about the Heavy Robotic Body?  It costs 16 or 18 tokens at the cheapest, but is almost entirely inferior to the AS, except for not needing AUX and being smaller.

Also, several of the robotic body upgrades that you described being available are already built into the Heavy Robotic Body.  Sometimes, they're no much cheaper than it.  Would that mean the HRB needs an int requirement?

Second, somebody requested an MCP suit in the on-ship thread.  I'm pretty sure MCP suits are supposed to be the only suits we're provided with, now.  Nobody should have MK.Is anymore, because they are completely inferior.  At least, that was what was intended before they were prototyped.

IIRC the MCP-II's are being tested now, that's probably what he meant
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: April 03, 2015, 10:27:30 pm »

Double post to bring up an idea that came up in IRC: Fixing up Tavik's APC and coating it in sharkmist, then sending it on the team with the most rookies. PW has said that the cost for this is about 8 tokens or so, and I wanted to hear what you guys thought.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14961 on: April 03, 2015, 11:23:28 pm »

Okay I've lost my chatlogs since mibbit screwed up but from IRC here are some points that may be interesting/useful:
  • For the price of 5 tokens, you can get a PSL's electrification chamber (the thing that lets you solidify the fluid into a shape of your choice).
  • A Piezoelectric Shard throwing knife uses UNCON or EXO whilst a throwing knife with a Piezoelectric Shard blade uses STR and DEX.
  • The hives can generate bugs with carapaces that look like classy waiter's outfits complete with tray-like protrusions to funnel cakes into your mouth.
  • The hives can generate a series of bugs that through a human-centipede esque process form an icing IV drip to let you eat cakes without using your mouth. Too slow to devour flesh in combat though.
  • A crystalline projector crystal growth facility without any safety mechanisms will fuck its planet so badly we'd need to destroy it.
  • I suggested that a modified Hive unit hooked up to several food dispensers and given a user interface could be used to manufacture venoms and biological materials on demand as a new ship facility for poisoning weapons and whatnot.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14962 on: April 04, 2015, 04:32:17 am »

Double post to bring up an idea that came up in IRC: Fixing up Tavik's APC and coating it in sharkmist, then sending it on the team with the most rookies. PW has said that the cost for this is about 8 tokens or so, and I wanted to hear what you guys thought.

Not a bad idea, but the fund also has at least 4 jeeps to bring along, and I'm not sure if an enclosed carrier will help a lot with searching whatever we're searching for outside. Might help protect from scary aliens though! Still, it's very kind, and I'll keep it in mind for later.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14963 on: April 04, 2015, 04:51:16 am »

Question, does team Snapdragon have any members with a cutting torch? Just so the nerve cluster might be removed somewhat cleanly and the ground can be cut through to search for the nerves.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: April 04, 2015, 04:57:49 am »

Question, does team Snapdragon have any members with a cutting torch? Just so the nerve cluster might be removed somewhat cleanly and the ground can be cut through to search for the nerves.

'Cutting and digging tools' is a good idea to bring along. If you want, you can add a little list to the mission page saying 'proposed necessary equipment' and add that, so we can keep track. Maybe also some rope and climbing gear, since steve said the cluster could be in an underground cavern or something.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: April 04, 2015, 05:02:24 am »

Question: what is estimated IC length of the mission? Asking because brain retrieval/decomposition projections.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: April 04, 2015, 05:03:38 am »

Question: what is estimated IC length of the mission? Asking because brain retrieval/decomposition projections.

'As low as possible.'

But for an actual answer, dunno, couple hours maybe? Don't wanna spend days on that hellhole if possible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14967 on: April 04, 2015, 05:25:37 am »

Well, we are going on the 'RUN RUN RUN OH GOOD GOD RUUUUUUN' method, because those haebi are going to get stronger the longer we fight them.
Actually, quick note, PW did say that removing that haebi brain node will (probably) make the haebi soldiers become sluggish and inept, so that's nice.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: April 04, 2015, 05:29:54 am »

In that case, you may want to try and save a last weapon type as an ace up your sleeves for when the brain is removed. Hopefully without a brain, they'll be too slow to adapt resistances.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: April 04, 2015, 05:36:01 am »

In that case, you may want to try and save a last weapon type as an ace up your sleeves for when the brain is removed. Hopefully without a brain, they'll be too slow to adapt resistances.

like a multiple launch rocket launcher? :P (Kidding)
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 2205