Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488917 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14835 on: April 02, 2015, 03:52:51 pm »

@RC If I may ask, sir...
Did you miss appointing medics for the teams on purpose, or is everything really that bleak? ;)

On the other hand, I wonder whether medics are to be useful in this quick smash&grab&run-like-hell mission...
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: April 02, 2015, 03:55:20 pm »

I went with the volunteers listed on the wiki. and so far, there are no medics available.

Maybe the respec will change that, or I mislooked, but I can only work with what I've got.

I'm reworking the armory today.

Should I keep the old, comical descriptions or actually tell people about the history of the weapons and give some kind of opinion on them?

If both is too much work, then I'd say go for the second, we can add silly descriptions ourselves later on.

Hey, so after and entire day and and an immense amount of procrastination, I finally got the Team A section of M5 done, But because it's now 1AM here, I can't finish team B right now, so can I send someone a PM with the words and they can tell me if it's actually okay?

You mean proofreading it? I could, but it might be better if someone who actually was on that mission did it.

As promised, here's the full story on Xan. Instead of just copyasting the whole thing, I tried to present a coherent story. This took... a bit more effort than I'd thought, mostly due to having to adapt perspectives and such, and put things in forum code.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quick question, and be honest: does this have anything over just a wall of quoting all the posts? I mean, does this add anything in terms of immersion or whatever, or is that pretty much the same? Asking because reasons.
I wonder, would someone be so kind as to put this story on the wiki? Say, in Hasala's character page or something? Be a shame to lose it.

Done, put it on xan's page (seemed more fitting). Someone else can do some more formatting though. Was annoying enough to do it the first time.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:09:12 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: April 02, 2015, 04:09:51 pm »

Hey, like I said, I have drugs. That's the main part of doctoring taken care of, right?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: April 02, 2015, 04:10:30 pm »

Let's do the job I am enlisted to, then...

... and I can say that you have Kyle Johnson on Team Gyromitra who is experienced with Med, at the very least. No medical equipment, but that can be easily solved - hell, even if team fund goes bankrupt on black-op team requests, Maurice could leave his Emergency Kit behind. Not much, but better than nothing.
There is also a scattering of people with 0 in Med, who could do the job in a pinch, at the very least.

In any way, I can recommend you recruiting at least another medic to put on Team Snapdragon. And giving out a single Emergency kit on a team, plus maybe a can or two of medifoam. Advanced kits or anything more might not be necessary, since supposedly there would not be enough time for that; some ropes or bags to transport disabled and fallen comrades might also be recommended, though.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: April 02, 2015, 04:20:10 pm »

you have Kyle Johnson on Team Gyromitra who is experienced with Med

Mistake fixed, thanks.

That's not an application, right? Since Maurice is going to Hep? Just checking.

And don't feel you should though, we'll be fine. We've had missions sans medics before, and we survived.

I can recommend you recruiting at least another medic to put on Team Snapdragon. And giving out a single Emergency kit on a team, plus maybe a can or two of medifoam. Advanced kits or anything more might not be necessary, since supposedly there would not be enough time for that; some ropes or bags to transport disabled and fallen comrades might also be recommended, though.
I'll see if any come up, but i don't wanna go over the limit. And duly noted, I"ll see how bankrupt we are in the end.

Lyra is neutral on the matter of going on-mission or not, and has no preferred team. If any of the teams wants / needs her, let her know. this includes the blops team if they want her.

I'll put you up as a 'maybe'.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: April 02, 2015, 04:22:42 pm »

Oh dear. Those lists. Dis gonna be goooooood.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: April 02, 2015, 04:24:44 pm »

...On second thoughts, those lists... I think I might stay well out of this one.
Jobasio can sit back and sip wine with his gauss rifle whilst possibly watching a live feed of the mission.
Heck, we should sell the recordings to a popular bloodsport TV channel.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: April 02, 2015, 04:31:07 pm »

By the end of the mission Miyamoto is going to be dragging a sled with 4 to 6 dead newbs on it. I'll probably be on the sled.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14843 on: April 02, 2015, 04:34:12 pm »

Added some roles

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lot of this probably will be (partially) inaccurate until respecs all done, but it gives an idea.

That idea is pain.

Let me just predict how this will go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14844 on: April 02, 2015, 04:36:56 pm »

I'm in irc again

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: April 02, 2015, 04:44:11 pm »

With all regret, I do not believe I could stay and go on a mission at this point. However, I have kinda enlisted to provide assistance with mission planning - chiefly on the medical aspect (or, well, have intended to and will do so IC again soon), so I am doing that work for you.
Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: April 02, 2015, 04:47:10 pm »

With all regret, I do not believe I could stay and go on a mission at this point. However, I have kinda enlisted to provide assistance with mission planning - chiefly on the medical aspect (or, well, have intended to and will do so IC again soon), so I am doing that work for you.

Ah yes, that's what I though. Yeah, if there's more inaccuracies, don't hesitate to point them out, the help is surely appreciated.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14847 on: April 02, 2015, 04:58:00 pm »

@Lenglon: You need to respec. Intelligence and Will are now one stat called Brain. Intuition is now a Skill instead of a Stat. Your +1 and -1 are applied after your levels, they count sort of like an enhancement.

@RC: I am interested in the mission, it's just that between university projects and doing the various wiki and calculator stuff I haven't found the time to respec and see what I will end up having. And I still have to take some time to fix the wiki template to allow it to represent Lyra's stats. So I'll finish that and decide what to respec later because I want to see if I can get enough points to use my amp or if I have to change my build into a Con master.

Just one question, would you be willing to take Beirus' debt from me and give me two tokens from the fund so I can buy a stim?

Oh, and Lyra has those medic teeth, she could be a medic.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: April 02, 2015, 05:00:08 pm »

(Hey, uh, I heard there was a calculator for character specing and stuff? Could someone please link me to it?)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14849 on: April 02, 2015, 05:00:46 pm »

Check my sig. Or the first page of the respec thread.
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 2205