Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487519 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14790 on: April 01, 2015, 07:43:58 pm »

@Pyro: I was getting a lot of timeouts when I tried connecting to irc.darkmyst.org through SSL with Chatzilla. It stopped when I selected a specific server (odyssey.de.eu.darkmyst.org). Are you trying anything similar?

Just did, no avail.

Hexchat's failing to get through too.

I need to get at least one arm blown off.

As I recall, there's no need to worry about that particular step. If the medbay staff refuse you a robot arm when you've a perfectly good meat one, the AM will surely assist.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: April 01, 2015, 07:45:46 pm »

@Pyro: I was getting a lot of timeouts when I tried connecting to irc.darkmyst.org through SSL with Chatzilla. It stopped when I selected a specific server (odyssey.de.eu.darkmyst.org). Are you trying anything similar?

@Kri: I fought with the character calculator page a bit, thinking changing it will be easy, until I realized that radio buttons do not trigger the "on input" event for the entire table row (they need the onchange event to be attached to them instead) and they do not trigger an event at all when deselected. So I'm probably going to have to roll all the functions into one mega function that is triggered by every single input by an "on input" event for the number boxes and an "on change" event for the radio buttons. I'm not going to do that tonight, probably tomorrow. Wiki template should be an easy fix (just need to add an extra if and copypaste it a few times) but it's a bit tedious, so again, tomorrow.

I'll look into fixing the calculator tonight, javascript is something I understand :P
I'll leave the wiki template to you, I'm not fighting with those if structures XD

Just did, no avail.

Hexchat's failing to get through too.

Sounds like you should try a proxy. I don't have any on hand to recommend, but someone else might.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:47:37 pm by Kriellya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: April 01, 2015, 07:56:10 pm »

Naw, Jobasio's the type to cling to his beautiful-but-weak fleshy body as long as possible.
OOCly, though... I want a blade arm! Or maybe one of those inbuilt kin-amps.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14793 on: April 01, 2015, 08:23:50 pm »

New ER talk is out.

Man the sound on this one is iffy.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14794 on: April 01, 2015, 08:40:16 pm »

PW your voice throws me off every time.
Seriously, I just never expect it.
Also, 'sometimes people get into tinker too much and I lose my will to live' got me good.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14795 on: April 01, 2015, 08:47:37 pm »

I like the part where STAN might have been a new Altered War
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14796 on: April 01, 2015, 08:49:49 pm »

I heard ancestor as Xancestor. I think that works, yeah?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14797 on: April 01, 2015, 08:59:01 pm »

Also, 'sometimes people get into tinker too much and I lose my will to live' got me good.
Throws you off in what way?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14798 on: April 01, 2015, 09:00:55 pm »

I'm in IRC again, by the way.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: April 01, 2015, 09:01:28 pm »

Throws you off in what way?
Oh, I just never expect you to have that kinda voice.
It's cool, I'm just no good whatsoever at estimating features from nothing.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14800 on: April 02, 2015, 01:24:02 am »

See you guys in a few days going to be w/o internet for the next 4 days, will be wistfully thinking of all the dead people the new mission is going to make.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #14801 on: April 02, 2015, 01:44:53 am »

I'm reworking the armory today.

Should I keep the old, comical descriptions or actually tell people about the history of the weapons and give some kind of opinion on them?

If both is too much work, then I'd say go for the second, we can add silly descriptions ourselves later on.

Hey, so after and entire day and and an immense amount of procrastination, I finally got the Team A section of M5 done, But because it's now 1AM here, I can't finish team B right now, so can I send someone a PM with the words and they can tell me if it's actually okay?

You mean proofreading it? I could, but it might be better if someone who actually was on that mission did it.

As promised, here's the full story on Xan. Instead of just copyasting the whole thing, I tried to present a coherent story. This took... a bit more effort than I'd thought, mostly due to having to adapt perspectives and such, and put things in forum code.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quick question, and be honest: does this have anything over just a wall of quoting all the posts? I mean, does this add anything in terms of immersion or whatever, or is that pretty much the same? Asking because reasons.
I wonder, would someone be so kind as to put this story on the wiki? Say, in Hasala's character page or something? Be a shame to lose it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: April 02, 2015, 05:53:09 am »

A brief reminder that I called dibs on testing Heavy Robot Body in the upcoming mission, on planet.

And I friendly remind back that there is no dibs on this system, it'll depend on need. But your preference is noted!

Good enough. Thanks.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14803 on: April 02, 2015, 07:09:58 am »

Character calculator and wiki templates have been updated to support the intuition change to stats and the new enhanced capacity upgrade.
Also made some changes to the calculator that should make it work better.
(At least for those of you that aren't using Internet Explorer because for some reason the people that developed it have chosen not to implement basic math functions like sign, Microsoft and Bill Gates be damned. I'll try doing a workaround later.)[/rant]

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #14804 on: April 02, 2015, 07:22:44 am »

I wonder, would someone be so kind as to put this story on the wiki? Say, in Hasala's character page or something? Be a shame to lose it.

The wiki doesn't seem to support colored text. I added a link to it on my character page at the bottom.
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 2205