Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487264 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14610 on: March 30, 2015, 05:30:31 pm »

Well, we could use INT for robob stuffs.

Well, PW could use his automorphica thing as a deterent. Use that amp to much? Nature hates you and you become a mutated freak.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14611 on: March 30, 2015, 05:34:11 pm »

Lastly, I agree that exo is overpowered, and always has been.  The one real disadvantage it has over uncon is that uncon can use non-space magic items, but now exo is actually better for that!  I bet people will still take uncon, but I bet people will specialize in General Knowledge too.  Making int required for amps won't do much, either, because none of the proposed systems *require* more than +1 int, and a manip user would still want +1 will simply because it's the single most valuable stat in the game.

We're in that tough spot where it's gonna be really damn hard to balance between nerfing to oblivion and half measures that don't reallt solve the problem. So, if you or anyone else has a reasonable idea, go ahead.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14612 on: March 30, 2015, 05:35:20 pm »

We're in that tough spot where it's gonna be really damn hard to balance between nerfing to oblivion and half measures that don't reallt solve the problem. So, if you or anyone else has a reasonable idea, go ahead.
It's simple, we buff exo even more. Then everyone will respec to exo and nobody will feel left out.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14613 on: March 30, 2015, 05:41:00 pm »

Piecewise has said before that amps and manips take much longer to use than a gun. Because with a gun you just point and shoot, but with an amp/manip you have to visualize the target area then solve a bunch of equations. But that doesn't actually have an in game effect because of the turn based system.

Making amp actions require multiple turns is an obviously bad solution because it slows the game down. Maybe it would be possible to give con users multiple shots per turn instead?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14614 on: March 30, 2015, 05:43:09 pm »

You could reclassify some of the EXO weapons to other categories. For example, Mindfuck gun can be changed to CON since space magic or no space magic it's used just like a gun (and I have a feeling that aiming and firing is something people good with firearms would be better at doing than space magicians). Likewise, Elemental Infuser could function as UNCON or AUX seeing as it's more of an apparatus than a supernatural force.

I mean, since EXO is meant to handle things closer to magic, like amps and pimpcanes and the above two are still just implements that happen to involve a bit of magic but which don't rely on their user to control it as much.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14615 on: March 30, 2015, 05:43:48 pm »

Here's the idea.

Will and Int getting merged into "Brain" stat

Manips removed, amps solely exo now.

Amp prices increased, since they're strong and now unique to Exo.

Uncon gets new weapons, becomes something more akin to a "unconventional combat" stat, using things like close range weapons (Melee, shotguns, etc), traps, explosives, biological weapons, poisons, etc.  and stuff designed to support others (heavy mounted weapons, mortars, etc).

This way exo is more unique and Uncon isn't just exo for people afraid of getting stuff put in their heads.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14616 on: March 30, 2015, 05:44:24 pm »

Piecewise has said before that amps and manips take much longer to use than a gun. Because with a gun you just point and shoot, but with an amp/manip you have to visualize the target area then solve a bunch of equations. But that doesn't actually have an in game effect because of the turn based system.

Making amp actions require multiple turns is an obviously bad solution because it slows the game down. Maybe it would be possible to give con users multiple shots per turn instead?
I like that!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14617 on: March 30, 2015, 05:47:39 pm »

Maybe it would be possible to give con users multiple shots per turn instead?
Don't they already get multiple shots? Or do you mean even more shots?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14618 on: March 30, 2015, 05:48:32 pm »

Sure, that would work I think.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14619 on: March 30, 2015, 05:50:09 pm »

Gene mod ideas:
Backup you brain in your skin. Get shot in the head? No longer have to worry about perma-death. Doesn't prevent stat loss though. I think pyro suggested this one first

Combat form. Die unexpectedly? With sharkmist derived microbes they quickly heal any damage and build/grow a smaller, armored combat form from your remains that explodes out of you when it's ready. Doesn't work if you take a bullet/shrapnel through your brain. Doesn't prevent stat loss
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14620 on: March 30, 2015, 05:50:38 pm »

So under this new system, would things still be classified under function (whether it's used like a gun, used like a non-gun weapon or used like a supernatural force) or will it now be by form (whether it uses space magic, whether it uses biological agents, etc)?

Combat form. Die unexpectedly? With sharkmist derived microbes they quickly heal any damage and build/grow a smaller, armored combat form from your remains that explodes out of you when it's ready. Doesn't work if you take a bullet/shrapnel through your brain. Doesn't prevent stat loss
Sharkmist symbiosis is rather unreliable in terms of mass production if I recall. Success rates are relatively low for giving people it.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14621 on: March 30, 2015, 05:54:05 pm »

Here's the idea.

Will and Int getting merged into "Brain" stat

Manips removed, amps solely exo now.

Amp prices increased, since they're strong and now unique to Exo.

Uncon gets new weapons, becomes something more akin to a "unconventional combat" stat, using things like close range weapons (Melee, shotguns, etc), traps, explosives, biological weapons, poisons, etc.  and stuff designed to support others (heavy mounted weapons, mortars, etc).

This way exo is more unique and Uncon isn't just exo for people afraid of getting stuff put in their heads.

I could get behind this... makes my build slightly better, though I'm still not putting points in Exo :P

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14622 on: March 30, 2015, 05:54:19 pm »

Maybe it would be possible to give con users multiple shots per turn instead?
Don't they already get multiple shots? Or do you mean even more shots?

Something like this turn here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14623 on: March 30, 2015, 05:54:43 pm »

Alright. Or just a straight up gene mod for that. Sharkmist came to mind cause it was used to build structures. Also it doesn't have to be actual sharkmist, could be something derived or based on it
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14624 on: March 30, 2015, 05:58:34 pm »

And now I feel like I need to put in a lot more Tinker time...... Ugh. Add it to the increasingly long list...
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 2205