Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487286 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14595 on: March 30, 2015, 04:28:53 pm »

What's the price for a spare robobody for that spider brain?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14596 on: March 30, 2015, 04:30:10 pm »

Why would anyone use con, when exo is so much more powerful?
Because Exo does not have the aesthetics of death tubes? :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14597 on: March 30, 2015, 04:31:04 pm »

-snip-
Sure, but we balanced things so they wouldn't be OP. You didn't balance things because it would make something else less useful, is what I meant to say. And I don't know why someone would use uncon. Why would anyone use con, when exo is so much more powerful?

Indeed. And so, I am trying to see if we can't find a way to balance things so that different things becomes usable again.

Also, con and uncon and support chars also need to spend some points into will to have at least some defence against mindrape.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14598 on: March 30, 2015, 04:32:16 pm »

But in pure power/usefulness, exo is so much better!

-snip-
And exo people need to spend points in end/dex not become swiss cheese, no?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14599 on: March 30, 2015, 04:34:23 pm »

But in pure power/usefulness, exo is so much better!

-snip-
And exo people need to spend points in end/dex not become swiss cheese, no?

Yes, but what does that have to do with anything? everybody needs that.

Besides, if you yourself say exo is much better, then isn't that agreeing that exo is op?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14600 on: March 30, 2015, 04:37:11 pm »

I kinda want to see how Amps/Manips are going to play out with the new system before forming a hard opinion. I suspect a lot of actions that people take for granted might be more difficult than they imagine them to be.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14601 on: March 30, 2015, 04:41:35 pm »

Ideas for more as well as ideas for genemods, post them now because they're what I'm working on.

A Wolverine-like metal skeleton? Make breaking bones much harder, and provide some protection for internal organs.

Organic CamEyes. Less creepiness optional.

A strength-boosting genemod? Not the stat, actual physical strength. Something that uses a small amount of steroids or something to keep you ripped even if you never touch a piece of exercise equipment in your life, and has a system that releases adrenaline on command, to remove those mental inhibitors or whatever that prevents people from using the full power of their muscles so they don't damage them. Brings you up to the lower bound of exoskeletons, but damages your muscles if you push it. Not sure how useful it would be, since exoskeletons have no stat requirements and cost 5 tokens, now. Maybe if exoskeletons required 0 Aux? Or for Black Ops teams that can't bring exoskeletons everywhere.

A less OP version of Renen's bullet-time? More the perception time increase, rather than the body movement speed increase. And less "everything stops moving" and more "everything is slow-mo, bullets are visible but still pretty damn fast".

Basing the number of amps you can have installed on Intelligence or combining it with Willpower would be best, I think.

I use Exo and Con A: because there are a couple of things you can't do at low levels with just amps, B: for appearances (to both make the amp user less obvious to UWM forces and to have something to point at people threateningly if the need should arise), and C: to conserve mindpoints for when I need them while still contributing to combat. Not really an issue beyond a certain point, but things happen.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14602 on: March 30, 2015, 04:47:03 pm »

Besides, if you yourself say exo is much better, then isn't that agreeing that exo is op?
Nope, it's just much more powerful than a con weapon of the same price. But there are drawbacks that balance this out. Run out of ammo? con users just throw in a new magazine, exo users get to cry in a corner for a few turns. Overshoot? con users shoot their leg off, exo users brain asplode. 

Or maybe it is OP and I'm just not seeing it. eh.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: March 30, 2015, 04:49:34 pm »

Yeah. But exo users never need to waste tokens on ammo, so that might balance out. True about the overshots, but that becomes much less a problem at higher skill levels. At +4 you'll have to be in pretty bad shit before you overshoot.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14604 on: March 30, 2015, 04:53:47 pm »

Yeah. But exo users never need to waste tokens on ammo, so that might balance out. True about the overshots, but that becomes much less a problem at higher skill levels. At +4 you'll have to be in pretty bad shit before you overshoot.
You'll have to survive to +4 first. Typing all of this out I'm also getting this feeling that pw is perfectly aware of the power imbalance and that amps actually have some behind the scenes drawbacks that we just haven't heard about yet. But anything to do with pw makes me slightly paranoid, so it might just be me.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: March 30, 2015, 04:56:08 pm »

Oh yeah, they probably destroy fabric of reality or eat your soul or make you listen to K-POP.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: March 30, 2015, 04:58:34 pm »

make you listen to K-POP.
Not even pw is this cruel, right? RIGHT?!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14607 on: March 30, 2015, 05:07:32 pm »

Didn't I see something about amps having long term effects? Maybe PW will actually use them with the new system.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: March 30, 2015, 05:22:40 pm »

Question: What happens to the various battlesuit-improvements that have been made?

The current battlesuit was given a +2 AUX requirement, which cheapened it down to 15 tokens.  But both the Assaultsuit and Heavy Robotic Body are designed to work directly off the user's mental input, so they probably wouldn't need to have an AUX requirement, and therefore wouldn't get the discount.

The Assaultsuit could just be retconned to not have an MMI, and work by the same mechanism as a battlesuit, but what about the Heavy Robotic Body?  It costs 16 or 18 tokens at the cheapest, but is almost entirely inferior to the AS, except for not needing AUX and being smaller.

Also, several of the robotic body upgrades that you described being available are already built into the Heavy Robotic Body.  Sometimes, they're no much cheaper than it.  Would that mean the HRB needs an int requirement?

Lastly, I agree that exo is overpowered, and always has been.  The one real disadvantage it has over uncon is that uncon can use non-space magic items, but now exo is actually better for that!  I bet people will still take uncon, but I bet people will specialize in General Knowledge too.  Making int required for amps won't do much, either, because none of the proposed systems *require* more than +1 int, and a manip user would still want +1 will simply because it's the single most valuable stat in the game.

Why am I arguing against my own char build?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: March 30, 2015, 05:26:21 pm »

Here's a question for you: Gene mods require End to get. What should robody and synthflesh body mods require? Aux? Or just End again?
END. The other stats are useful enough without having them also govern that.

Didn't I see something about amps having long term effects? Maybe PW will actually use them with the new system.
I think those were burnout amps which caused brain damage. We don't use them.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 2205