Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485653 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14520 on: March 30, 2015, 01:48:16 am »

But both seem pretty much equally feasible, there shouldn't really be a reason for one to have such an option and for the other not to. Since you'd need pretty much as many complex systems to get robotic parts onto a person (power supply, bracing for bodyparts to take the reaction forces, neurosignal-to-circuitry interface, etc) as you'd need to get fleshy parts onto a robot (life support, food supply, insulation, etc).
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14521 on: March 30, 2015, 01:52:20 am »

Hives and shiz use spess majiks don't they?

Also, I think Piecewise is trying to make it so that you have to be human to use most Exo stuff and some form of augmented individual to use Con stuff.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14522 on: March 30, 2015, 01:54:05 am »

Not really, something as simple as an exoskeleton (Hope and Faith variants) which you can get rather cheaply would pretty much help you use CON. Or you know, some sort gene therapy. Only the really ridiculous situational stuff needs synthflesh.

The tentacle hive pimpwear is indeed EXO.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:57:07 am by Empiricist »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14523 on: March 30, 2015, 01:57:18 am »

There is kind of an overarching theme of giving away your humanity getting you greater material powers but less mystical shit in the items.
Of course I wouldn't even have needed that silly humanity to get most of that until a little while ago :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14524 on: March 30, 2015, 01:58:37 am »

But the really cool stuff needs synthflesh! ... Okay so maybe I'm being whiny over that little bit.

Also, noticed that the silibus rifle has a three round burst for 'added effect' does that mean that it's normally semi automatic?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14525 on: March 30, 2015, 02:01:40 am »

I think it's more just the giving away your humanity bit. Since the most mystical people we know of are certainly lacking in humanity.

But the really cool stuff needs synthflesh! ... Okay so maybe I'm being whiny over that little bit.
Only two weapons NEED it. Fission Instigator which is ridiculously situational and Plasma Projector which there are alternatives to. The latter can just be mounted to a vehicle or something anyway. The LESHO can be fired in a dug in position, which is probably ideal for it anyway seeing as its a computer guided railgun that fires nukes, which isn't really something you should be trying to fire from the hip or quick drawing :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: March 30, 2015, 02:03:43 am »

So no dueling at high noon using the LESHO?  :P

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: March 30, 2015, 02:05:02 am »

The LESHO can be fired in a dug in position, which is probably ideal for it anyway seeing as its a computer guided railgun that fires nukes, which isn't really something you should be trying to fire from the hip or quick drawing :P
Blind fire it from around a corner in an enclosed hallway. Nothing could go wrong.  :P
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: March 30, 2015, 02:07:43 am »

So no dueling at high noon using the LESHO?  :P
Not unless you're genemodded massively :P Or wearing murderous alien flesh that hates you for what your species did to it. Or wearing murderous alien flesh that hates you for what your species did to it and the fact that you transmuted it all into mildly psychic crystals that also hate you for re-genocide-late-term-aborting their entire species.

Really, for the higher end stuff you probably will have to buy enhancements to use. The CON stuff needs to exoskeletons or augmentations to be able to carry to fire them. The UNCON and EXO stuff needs gene therapies to meet their ridiculously high requirements.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: March 30, 2015, 02:10:19 am »

That reminds me. Why aren't there any shotguns? I am angry about the lack of shotguns. I want to make and a bitter doctor with a shotgun and the lack of shotguns makes it ineffective.

Also, what are you suppsoed to give up for uncon stuff anyways?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14530 on: March 30, 2015, 02:12:48 am »

Also, what are you supposed to give up for uncon stuff anyways?
Any chance of fighting in "normal" combat I guess. Seeing as you either have to type into a calculator, plant explosives, or engage people in melee combat.

That reminds me. Why aren't there any shotguns? I am angry about the lack of shotguns. I want to make and a bitter doctor with a shotgun and the lack of shotguns makes it ineffective.
Gauss rifles accept blackshot (super buckshot basically), laser rifles can be set to high diffusion for CQB.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: March 30, 2015, 02:16:24 am »

Yeah but those are RIFLES! Are you telling me that no one has been wanting to turn others into hamburger meat without having to actually touch them for thousands of years? Because I highly doubt that.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: March 30, 2015, 02:19:01 am »

Question, if you have 1+ endurance and you take a stat pill, let's say you roll a one for endurance (I just assume you roll to not get addicted), does that still mean you get addicted? Temporarily addicted? Perhaps you can't take another for the rest of the mission unless you want to get addicted?
Also, what are you supposed to give up for uncon stuff anyways?
Any chance of fighting in "normal" combat I guess. Seeing as you either have to type into a calculator, plant explosives, or engage people in melee combat.
Eh, I'm planning to spec one point into Uncon after this mission (If I survive) just so I can unlock most of the stuff a basic character like mine would need, any more points into it and then you start giving up normal combat.

On an entirely different note, what term are you supposed to use when referring to your character? 'Me'? 'Mine'? 'he/she/it'?
Yeah but those are RIFLES! Are you telling me that no one has been wanting to turn others into hamburger meat without having to actually touch them for thousands of years? Because I highly doubt that.
Well, blackshot is oddly expensive (relatively anyway.).
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: March 30, 2015, 02:20:33 am »

You realize that a bullpup rifle would probably work just as well when loaded with buckshot-like ammunition, right? You probably could just buy a regular shotgun anyway if you really wanted one, after all, someone purchased a revolver.

Or you know, get a crystalline projector. I don't think those are too long and work quite well at close range.

If that isn't enough for you, just buy a PAWN magazine. They cost 2 tokens each. Just point it at someone, send the detonation signal, and chances are they'll be nothing but a red mist (or mass of burning poison if you chose a 3 token ClF3 magazine) thanks to a thirty-round wall of lead slamming into them. Though you'll probably lose your arm in the process.

EDIT: Come to think of it, a Stake Driver modified to use a Kinetic Amplifier instead of a spike would work quite well as a shotgun. The air coming off of it could probably just pulp a person. It'll be just like No Country for Old Men! Except you know, more of a gorefest.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:25:44 am by Empiricist »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: March 30, 2015, 02:26:54 am »

It's not the effectiveness, or the purpose, it's the image of a shotgun! You have to have people be able to see your gun and immeadietly go 'oh shit, that's a shotgun!'. Otherwise you just look like another dime a dozen soldier with a rifle.
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 2205