Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491006 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #14160 on: March 23, 2015, 02:46:39 pm »

Things that walk around at some point will probably walk ON it. I'd get angry if someone stepped all over me.

Also, can someone explain the respecening? I haven't seen anything explaining what to do here or in the on ship thread.

There is a different thread for it. And eh, you wanted an explanation, there you go. It's an alien fungus, who knows how they react to anything, but it's a plausible explanation at least.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14161 on: March 23, 2015, 02:49:12 pm »

By the way, what do you guys think, say, we manage to rip a thinking centre out of main body, will nearby surroundings lose hostility due to lack of control or get all frenzy because of that?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14162 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:24 pm »

By the way, what do you guys think, say, we manage to rip a thinking centre out of main body, will nearby surroundings lose hostility due to lack of control or get all frenzy because of that?
Of course it will go berserking. That's what happened at Hephaestus with the flesh monster.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14163 on: March 23, 2015, 03:00:08 pm »

Yes. Keyword here is metal. What do you think the ship is made of?
You could use Spektrs. Wide-beam microwaves won't overpenetrate even thin metal, and they should do plenty of damage to exposed sensors on robots.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14164 on: March 23, 2015, 03:30:25 pm »

You could use Spektrs. Wide-beam microwaves won't overpenetrate even thin metal, and they should do plenty of damage to exposed sensors on robots.

Huh, any still in the testing queue? Even if I'm not selected for Joker, a spektr can really help burninating fungi on the microwave setting. Also, We're getting MCP-IIs right? I'll help test those as well
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14165 on: March 23, 2015, 03:47:40 pm »

Mark me down for testing the MCP 2 as well!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14166 on: March 23, 2015, 04:16:01 pm »

Huh, any still in the testing queue? Even if I'm not selected for Joker, a spektr can really help burninating fungi on the microwave setting. Also, We're getting MCP-IIs right? I'll help test those as well
Depending on how many survived, up to three Radugas and Spektrs each may be available. However only a few will be passed out for the second round of testing, the rest will have to be purchased. Either Piecewise or Radio Controlled should have the answer to how many are available for free, and how much the non-free ones will cost.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14167 on: March 23, 2015, 04:29:00 pm »

Hey fellas, I looked up wiki page, and is it true that Heavy Robot Body is up for field testing?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14168 on: March 23, 2015, 04:29:37 pm »

If I go on the Joker mission, I'll probably be getting a Spektr.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14169 on: March 23, 2015, 04:37:16 pm »

@Comrade P

Yep, it is.  There'll probably be two available; one with three layers of battlesuit plate, and one with one layer of BS plate, plus a layer of hex composite armor.  The former is resistant to sustained damage of all types; the latter has a layer of armor almost entirely immune to energy weapons (but which is vulnerable to kinetics) and a layer almost entirely immune to kinetics (but which is vulnerable to energy weapons).

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14170 on: March 23, 2015, 04:39:04 pm »

So um, mind me field-testing the three-layer battlesuit-plated one?
Sigs

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14172 on: March 23, 2015, 04:52:56 pm »

Basically, three-layer battlesuit-plate is against aggressive lifeforms like ones we are likely to encounter on that mission, I think, while the hex-armored variant is designed to withstand mundane tech.

I don't know, really. I just got this impression that I should get the less advanced one first to get some data to compare more advanced variant to.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:54:51 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14173 on: March 23, 2015, 05:06:35 pm »

Ah, well, that's sort of true.  Battlesuit plate seems to have been developed for the Altered, which are similar to the Haebi.  Hex armor was really just developed to make new armor, although the shape of the armor on the HRB was designed to be optimal against UWM tech.

On one hand, Altered were capable of just tearing a full-size battlesuit to pieces, and the HRB has 60% the armor.  On the other hand, they probably won't be at that level because everyone isn't being given excellent armor, and hex armor could be more easily circumvented if the Haebi use both powerful kinetic and energy weapons in tandem.

I'd be kinda surprised if nobody volunteered to take the second.  There's no real disadvantage to using it; it offers flight, great armor, and can still fit through a door.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14174 on: March 23, 2015, 05:35:06 pm »

Depending on how many survived, up to three Radugas and Spektrs each may be available. However only a few will be passed out for the second round of testing, the rest will have to be purchased. Either Piecewise or Radio Controlled should have the answer to how many are available for free, and how much the non-free ones will cost.

I put it before the council and they said that they think the weapons have been tested enough that they should just be put into the armory, and thus end their trial run. Personally, I'm inclined to agree. I mean, there's gonna be quite some other stuff coming in as well, so it's not like there won't be any freebies. and if people really can't afford a weapon the team fund might lend a hand.

As for what to do with the prototypes, here the council said they also think they should just go to the AM and be sold normally.

Not at all, although I don't believe I get to choose who gets which.  It's probably either first-come first-serve, or Radio picks.

Yeah, Miya is gonna go over those again. Is easy, and allows us to hand out stuff according to need (eg joker peeps will have preference, since their mission is more critical). Gonna wait with allocating till i know the team compositions.

I'd be kinda surprised if nobody volunteered to take the second.  There's no real disadvantage to using it; it offers flight, great armor, and can still fit through a door.

You should become a merchant or something  ;)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 2205