Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491785 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #14145 on: March 23, 2015, 12:33:05 pm »

Yes. Keyword here is metal. What do you think the ship is made of?

I'm not an electrician, but I don't think electricity works that way. Path of least resistance and all that.

And if it does by some chance, just wear rubber boots if the MKI is indeed completely conductive, which seems counterintuitive.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14146 on: March 23, 2015, 01:20:55 pm »

Well, it seems like the spore thing wouldn't even be a problem, just send some really light people with a shuttle and then really quickly take the thing and run.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14147 on: March 23, 2015, 01:22:22 pm »

Well, it seems like the spore thing wouldn't even be a problem, just send some really light people with a shuttle and then really quickly take the thing and run.

To locate the thing seems to be a problem.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14148 on: March 23, 2015, 01:26:18 pm »

Why not get a UAV or something to look for it then? Or a shuttle with a camera.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14149 on: March 23, 2015, 01:28:05 pm »

That's one way to do it. Not the way it's gonna happen though, you've got an avatar with you.
I am really excited about the new system and these new missions.

Edit: It might be a good idea to have one squad full of fast light people, and the other full of slow powerful people. Since there's two squads.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14150 on: March 23, 2015, 01:34:54 pm »

Well, it's a waste of human resources if you let the fuck ups do something a robot can do safely.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14151 on: March 23, 2015, 01:37:26 pm »

Edit: It might be a good idea to have one squad full of fast light people, and the other full of slow powerful people. Since there's two squads.

I find this idea non-terrible.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14152 on: March 23, 2015, 01:49:32 pm »

I find this idea non-terrible.
I had the exact same idea too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14153 on: March 23, 2015, 02:04:13 pm »

Since we already have hands full of things to do let's add one more. What about that organization change we discussed last year?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14154 on: March 23, 2015, 02:18:51 pm »

Currently a bit stuck trying to respec my sheet.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14155 on: March 23, 2015, 02:27:08 pm »

Why not get a UAV or something to look for it then? Or a shuttle with a camera.

This will let your comrades get off the planet without getting torn out of the skies

This shows that the spore world can attack airborne things, so uavs might not be able to locate it before the entire surface is covered with AA. Ground forces however might have more 'staying power', meaning that they can get on the surface while AA defenses are light, then survive the growing onslaught long enough for others to distract it and make their escape.

That said, uav support is indeed a good idea, which is why I'm asking for it.

That's one way to do it. Not the way it's gonna happen though, you've got an avatar with you.
I am really excited about the new system and these new missions.

Problem with that is that we don't know which team will be near a cluster. So you might have the heavy team attracting all the attention AND having to grab the cluster, while the light team does nothing.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14156 on: March 23, 2015, 02:35:09 pm »

Well why would it grow AA if the UAVs don't do anything to harm it?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14157 on: March 23, 2015, 02:42:34 pm »

Because it sees any foreign object that hangs around too long as hostile? I mean, it also attacks things that are just walking around it it seems, so it doesn't sound far fetched.

Like how immume system might attack things that are perfectly harmless, just because it percieves them as foreign.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14158 on: March 23, 2015, 02:45:08 pm »

Things that walk around at some point will probably walk ON it. I'd get angry if someone stepped all over me.

Also, can someone explain the respecening? I haven't seen anything explaining what to do here or in the on ship thread.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14159 on: March 23, 2015, 02:45:53 pm »

Dropships might, with exhaust flames.

I suspect on ship thread might be in "shut the fuck up until you are accepted in mission team" mode.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 2205