Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491992 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #14115 on: March 21, 2015, 04:10:57 pm »

and a 9x ammo shot can kill people in battlesuit plate (which resists anything up to a gauss cannon).

Talk about overselling :p

So, does that mean we confirm we end the trial period for this thing?

Same thing goes for the Radugas and Spektrs, by the by. Anyone who still has them from the last round of missions should return them to the overall equipment fund, so that anyone going on the next round of missions can grab some for a proper round of testing. Radugas at least seemed to perform well enough in slaughtering people and cutting buildings, but Spektrs were mostly on the Eater mission...

I dunno, I kinda think those two actually did get a chance to shine. One was used in direct combat, and I think the other was demonstrated to the diplomat. But if you feel like you really want another round of testing, it might be arranged. But only if there's no large amount of other free prototypes, and no more after this mission (to prevent everyboy always using free equipment).

Actually, I had a big laser and a small laser (forget their names). Don't remember if I put them in the fund, but I gave them to Miyamoto.

Yeah, all prototypes go back to the team fund after the mission. Not sure if we'll then sell them from there, or just hand over to the AM.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14116 on: March 21, 2015, 04:29:08 pm »

The Radugas had a chance to get shown off, but one Spektr was carried inside Gilgamesh, and the other didn't see a proper combat situation, with the third being unclaimed. (I found the wiki page where they were listed)

I think you can give out one Raduga and two Spektrs (or just two of each) for the second round of testing. The rest should go into the Armory for the meantime.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: March 21, 2015, 04:38:37 pm »

Hmm. I'll bring it up in the council later on, once mission gearing up starts; see what they say, ok?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: March 21, 2015, 04:40:11 pm »

Hmm. I'll bring it up in the council later on, once mission gearing up starts; see what they say, ok?
Of course.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14119 on: March 21, 2015, 05:19:59 pm »

The way I see it, the problem with giving those prototypes over to the AM is that
a)those are 'prototypes', and may end up having last-minute upgrades before the first full production run (well, that's what 'prototype' is for, by definition, right?) and so are not exactly stock equipment (and the AM does not, most of the time, deal in non-stock equipment);
b)those are 'extra' as in 'off the records', they are not on the supplies manifest, they are not in the inventory list, and any and all tokens earned from their sale would end up in the pocket of the person who sold them (and honestly, I don't see the Armory Master in need of those extra tokens).

Since giving items to people for free is kinda against the whole token system, I propose a compromise: the team fund sells them off at a significant discount (50%, my best guess). That way people actually get some new stuff to play with, but still spend tokens on it (and not too much so they can actually afford it); team fund clears up the mostly useless assets and makes some money out of it (in the gold spot between 'full-on embezzlement' and 'giving things for free'); and prototypes actually see the much-needed extra field-test action in a very natural way (as opposed to leasing them off for free again and again - maybe just once should be enough, and after that this proposed system kicks in).

We should probably avoid making too many high-end expensive item prototypes in the future (Cossaultsuit Battalion testing run!), but hopefully there shouldn't be much problem at the moment.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: March 21, 2015, 07:31:34 pm »

Quote from: Radio
Talk about overselling :p

So, does that mean we confirm we end the trial period for this thing?

Overselling?  What I said is entirely true, unless you argue that the HEP counts as something which defeats BS plate.  I didn't count it because the HEP has such a long cooldown.

As far as ending the trial period: Sure, I don't really care that much.  It's nice to have people use my gun, but designing it is the fun part.

Quote from: Nik
a)those are 'prototypes', and may end up having last-minute upgrades before the first full production run (well, that's what 'prototype' is for, by definition, right?) and so are not exactly stock equipment (and the AM does not, most of the time, deal in non-stock equipment);

'Prototype' is really an inaccurate name, an artifact form when we were legitimately prototyping things.  All the prototypes we send on missions are actually the final product, and won't get changed if they complete the prototyping.  And they won't fail to complete it, since they were chosen in the first place.

b)those are 'extra' as in 'off the records', they are not on the supplies manifest, they are not in the inventory list, and any and all tokens earned from their sale would end up in the pocket of the person who sold them (and honestly, I don't see the Armory Master in need of those extra tokens).

Technically, they are on the shipping manifest.

Regardless, I think when RC mentioned handing them over to the AM he meant giving them away for free.  Even if not, the tokens would end up in the under-used team fund, which means they'd either sit forever or be used to pay newbies or something. 

Since giving items to people for free is kinda against the whole token system, I propose a compromise: the team fund sells them off at a significant discount (50%, my best guess). That way people actually get some new stuff to play with, but still spend tokens on it (and not too much so they can actually afford it); team fund clears up the mostly useless assets and makes some money out of it (in the gold spot between 'full-on embezzlement' and 'giving things for free'); and prototypes actually see the much-needed extra field-test action in a very natural way (as opposed to leasing them off for free again and again - maybe just once should be enough, and after that this proposed system kicks in).

I support this idea.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14121 on: March 21, 2015, 10:12:02 pm »

If you're selling the Radugas at cut rates, Lars might want one.

Also deleting my action in favor of getting ready for the next mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nunzillor

« Reply #14122 on: March 21, 2015, 11:06:24 pm »

Excuse me, does anyone know if the sand for sale as part of the "sand bag" exotic weapon in the armory has any special properties when glassed?  Is the cool stuff it can do just limited to particle form?  Can it even be glassed?

Also, what stat determines ability to play an instrument?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:12:34 pm by Nunzillor »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14123 on: March 22, 2015, 12:49:09 am »

Well, once upon a time there were [Flute rolls]. And then recently Piecewise almost promised to introduce "Everything else" stat one of these ER editions.

(No idea about the sand/glass though.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: March 22, 2015, 02:36:04 am »

Excuse me, does anyone know if the sand for sale as part of the "sand bag" exotic weapon in the armory has any special properties when glassed?  Is the cool stuff it can do just limited to particle form?  Can it even be glassed?

It can be "hardened". once hardened it can no longer be manipulated, meaning it can never be un-hardened. the sandbag sand is actually many tiny creatures, if you glass (I'm assuming you mean cooking them into a sheet/block of glass) them, I'm pretty sure you'll kill them.

the cool stuff it does is pretty much limited to particle form.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14125 on: March 22, 2015, 04:17:19 am »

I think we may be getting a "what the fuck do i roll for this shit?" stat.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14126 on: March 22, 2015, 04:33:54 am »

That's Luck stat, isn't it?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14127 on: March 22, 2015, 04:45:02 am »

More like Fuck You Up stat, and you do not want to dump it!  :P

Man, I can totally see [Fuck You Up Roll: x] - except I fear that then there might be no other kind of rolls if Piecewise adopts that stat into the system.
Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: March 22, 2015, 08:11:50 am »

They are indeed meant to see if there aren't any changes that should happen, and a convenient way for the playerbase to get to know a new piece of equipment. Even then, I'm sure the AM could just herself copy whatever changes might occur for the final model, and then sell the old prototypes as she would a normal unit.

...No? Miya is handling these, so you can be damn sure there's a papertrail for every bolt and screw involved (he's like an armored bureaucrat, that man). Prototype testing is an official, Steve-endorsed activity.

I'd personally just hand them over to the AM for regular selling once trial period is over. Trial being 2 missions or so, at most, if first mission saw no action whatsoever. Seems easiest, and the team fund isn't in dire need of income right now, and might help prevent 'power creep' so to speak. I'll see what the council thinks of it, then decide.

As far as ending the trial period: Sure, I don't really care that much.  It's nice to have people use my gun, but designing it is the fun part.

Kay then. Once you have final full ok-go from pw (council specced your thing fully already, right? I remember writing up part of a description?), add your thing to the armory on the wiki and consider it done. (Unless I'm missing a step somewhere?)

'Prototype' is really an inaccurate name, an artifact form when we were legitimately prototyping things.  All the prototypes we send on missions are actually the final product, and won't get changed if they complete the prototyping.  And they won't fail to complete it, since they were chosen in the first place.

Maybe call it the 'free trial period' then.

Regardless, I think when RC mentioned handing them over to the AM he meant giving them away for free.  Even if not, the tokens would end up in the under-used team fund, which means they'd either sit forever or be used to pay newbies or something. 

I meant having the AM sell them as normal units, aka the prototypes become part of normal armory stock. And we might need the fund to help kit out Blops team for this mission batch (I kinda wish my genemods could've been done already, seemed they could've helped).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:14:49 am by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14129 on: March 22, 2015, 08:40:09 am »

Sorry about vanishing from the IRC thing yesterday. Got called to the hospital.

Ugh, I'm driving home today too, so I dunno. I might be able to get on IRC this evening.
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 2205