Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 935 936 [937] 938 939 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490748 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #14040 on: March 19, 2015, 04:00:42 pm »

What do you have now? MKI?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14041 on: March 19, 2015, 04:01:20 pm »

MKII  is 5 tokens, I think.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14042 on: March 19, 2015, 04:23:30 pm »

Do you have to call dibs on a mission and how will the mission selection process go?

Also, how long until we get the next batch of missions (I know we're waiting on the last mission to finish)?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14043 on: March 19, 2015, 04:26:06 pm »

Don't generally need to call dibs, no. In my (somewhat limited) experience, sometimes there are limited spots on certain missions, but I don't think those are ever first-come-first-serve. Normally Steve taps someone to be the "leader" for that mission and they get to decide who to bring along with them.

EDIT: Also in my limited experience, it's been two people-limited missions, and a third mission that will take anyone that didn't get into the other two.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 04:28:38 pm by Hapah »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14044 on: March 19, 2015, 04:29:05 pm »

Don't generally need to call dibs, no. In my (somewhat limited) experience, sometimes there are limited spots on certain missions, but I don't think those are ever first-come-first-serve. Normally Steve taps someone to be the "leader" for that mission and they get to decide who to bring along with them.

EDIT: Also in my limited experience, it's been two people-limited missions, and a third mission that will take anyone that didn't get into the other two.
Are the missions posted in the On ship thread?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14045 on: March 19, 2015, 04:29:53 pm »

Yup! He (Piecewise/Steve) will post some information about each one and designate leaders, if appropriate.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14046 on: March 19, 2015, 04:33:08 pm »

Players who have never been on a mission have automatic priority, so there's no real dibsing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14047 on: March 19, 2015, 04:35:06 pm »

Nice! I'm not quite familiar with the order around, so nevermind dibs then.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14048 on: March 19, 2015, 04:37:26 pm »

Do note that that's "players" not "characters" so those who recently died are not as guaranteed.  That said, PW seems to be adjusting mission sizes lately, so everyone may end up in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14049 on: March 19, 2015, 04:38:27 pm »

So we will new system be implemented by next set of missions?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14050 on: March 19, 2015, 04:38:53 pm »

Pretty sure yes.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14051 on: March 19, 2015, 06:46:40 pm »

Oh sweet! I have an Mk1. And apparently enough for an Mk2. So my last question is do I get the Mk2 right now, or wait until I have enough for an Mk3?

Spoiler: inventory reference (click to show/hide)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14052 on: March 19, 2015, 07:02:23 pm »

Wait, definitely, but not for Mk III. MCP-II should arrive very soon (before next mission batch, according to most recent Heph news), which are like Mk II only slightly better and cost only 3 tokens.

Pretty sure you could also turn in the CD longcoat for half the price and get a new sharksuit armor for the same 3 tokens. Or just buy the helmet for 1 token, if that's your thing (since the longcoat does not cover the head anyway).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14053 on: March 19, 2015, 10:19:48 pm »

I mostly just want to up my survival rate the best with what tokens I have, considering I've now picked 2 fubar missions in a row.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14054 on: March 19, 2015, 10:25:18 pm »

I mostly just want to up my survival rate the best with what tokens I have, considering I've now picked 2 fubar missions in a row.
We also found out you're the fubar  catalyst. Nothing happened to Jason or Dubley.  :P
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 935 936 [937] 938 939 ... 2205