Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490787 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #14025 on: March 19, 2015, 12:28:29 pm »

I'm the one who lost his skin.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14026 on: March 19, 2015, 12:39:10 pm »

@Toaster: Suggestion: Use your mind control amp on the figurines to try to read their mind or see through their eyes. That ought to be interesting.
That reminds me of an old joke about telepaths. If, say, by reading minds of figures one could get ahold of the actual people's thoughts... would Lars reading Lars suffer from stack overflow?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14027 on: March 19, 2015, 12:42:25 pm »

I wonder why civilization regressed given all the violence in the future. I mean, on average we were getting better then... oh wait, the altered war. Forgot about that. That's.... yeah.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14028 on: March 19, 2015, 01:17:00 pm »

@Toaster: Suggestion: Use your mind control amp on the figurines to try to read their mind or see through their eyes. That ought to be interesting.
That reminds me of an old joke about telepaths. If, say, by reading minds of figures one could get ahold of the actual people's thoughts... would Lars reading Lars suffer from stack overflow?
What joke?

Actually, since mind control amps work by changing a section of your brain to a copy of the target's then it should actually be a lot easier for Lars to mind read himself, since there'll be much fewer temp alterations that need to be made to his brain. If that somehow causes neural stimuli to be amplified however... worst case scenario is severe epileptic seizure or frying part of his brain. On the other hand, mind merging with yourself could be a good way to amplify your thoughts in order to resist mind control.

Oh, here's a question for me to ask the AM next. "Is there any difference in using mind control amps on people with mind control amps?" and "Can you use amps of people you are mind controlling? Can you mind control someone into mind controlling someone?" and "Can you activate alien artefacts through proxy? Can you trigger will-activated artefacts by using a mind controlled person?" and "Can someone mind control themselves?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14029 on: March 19, 2015, 01:25:41 pm »

Well, if you replaced part of your brain with a copy of another part, hilarity, death, or hilarious death could ensue.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14030 on: March 19, 2015, 02:07:08 pm »

@Peradon

You don't really need to worry about your body.  Either it's gonna be taken away entirely, which means you get an upgrade to a superior robobody, or you'll get genemodded and keep the genemods.

If you happen to dislike the genemods, which is unlikely, then you can just pocket the tokens and get yourself decapitated.  That'll leave you with a superior robobody.

@KJ

Actually, I think Dead Man Running was set before the Altered wars, and it was one of the most violent things we've seen.

More likely, the reason society regressed is that PW likes it this way.

@Paris

K-hole isn't a drug.  It's a rather severe symptom.  I wouldn't be surprised if she hands Flint a needle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14031 on: March 19, 2015, 02:10:28 pm »

@Peradon

You don't really need to worry about your body.  Either it's gonna be taken away entirely, which means you get an upgrade to a superior robobody, or you'll get genemodded and keep the genemods.

If you happen to dislike the genemods, which is unlikely, then you can just pocket the tokens and get yourself decapitated.  That'll leave you with a superior robobody.

@KJ

Actually, I think Dead Man Running was set before the Altered wars, and it was one of the most violent things we've seen.

More likely, the reason society regressed is that PW likes it this way.

@Paris

K-hole isn't a drug.  It's a rather severe symptom.  I wouldn't be surprised if she hands Flint a needle.
Oh, then I guess I have a problem with it?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14032 on: March 19, 2015, 02:14:40 pm »

Figurines came from the "I am not coming back" bag of Maurice's. He opened it, then entrusted it to Lars for now.
Maurice's shock implant has just been removed in secrecy; he is now going to the infirmary to talk to the Doctor. He expects to die.
The only true casualty for the digital ship incident was Ciel (vaporised, perma-death); a guy also lost his body and equipment, another one lost his skin after drinking a potion, somebody broke a leg, I think, and Xan's current clone turned into eldritch horror and was eaten (drank?) by the Doctor. (That's all I think?)

Ciel wasn't vaporized, she became a glass-skeleton thing. Who then crawled into the digi-hole never to be seen again.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14033 on: March 19, 2015, 02:15:26 pm »

Yeah, I know, I googled it. Just thought it would be more fun RPing ignorance.

Still, I guess it sounds like a cocktail name. There are some weird ones out there.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14034 on: March 19, 2015, 02:24:58 pm »

Ciel wasn't vaporized, she became a glass-skeleton thing. Who then crawled into the digi-hole never to be seen again.
My bad, used the Wall of Remembrance explanation of her demise.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #14035 on: March 19, 2015, 02:28:46 pm »

My bad, used the Wall of Remembrance explanation of her demise.

I can recall glowing skeletons from on-ship thread when the flesh horror happened recently. The ones chanting windows error noises and moving like buffering video.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14036 on: March 19, 2015, 02:30:53 pm »

....I dont know if this is a good thing, or a really, really bad thing....

I'm sure it'll be fine. Not like this sort of thing ever has adverse consequences, right?
After all, it's granted Xan so many benefits!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14037 on: March 19, 2015, 02:34:29 pm »

Why? History is only really linear in terms of time, and not much else.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14038 on: March 19, 2015, 03:02:50 pm »

Why? History is only really linear in terms of time, and not much else.
That's not it, I just like my grimness to have purpose.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14039 on: March 19, 2015, 03:47:36 pm »

I have no idea what I should invest my 5 tokens in... How much is the next MK upgrade? How much is an MK3, and since I have a civvy long coat and a laser rifle, would it be dumb to hold out until I have enough for an MK3?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 2205