Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490794 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13995 on: March 17, 2015, 12:55:50 am »

Woo, a wild Steve appears! This will be dangerous fun for everyone! Didn't know he wandered about on-ship in his synth-flesh.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13996 on: March 17, 2015, 01:03:53 am »

We've still got fleshorror flesh in the freezer, and we might be able to grow it if it's as omni-functional as the original thing.  It's one reason I'm not pushing as hard as possible to keep Xan on Heph; we have another, less homicidally insane option.

Of course, I still want to keep Xan because I think he uses a different method of control, but...
That flesh horror was pretty homocidal.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: March 17, 2015, 01:10:45 am »

Actually it was purely reflexive. It had no mind to speak of as it were, it was doing very basic things. Burrow down for resources. Defend itself and flee when attacked. It was pretty much mindless, since the away team sort of cut out its brain.

And even if it's purely homicidal, at least it's predictable. We know it's homicidal, we can rely on it being homicidal.

Xan is too much of a variable by comparison. As the Head of the Department of Defense, Anton would likely not recommend keeping him, or any part of him, on Hephaestus.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13998 on: March 17, 2015, 01:25:15 am »

I think that's the first time I've ever been told I need to make Xan even more of a flat character :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13999 on: March 17, 2015, 11:02:29 am »

...the king of that particular civilization somehow ended up dead and his cities were badly damaged. Now when the rulers we backed come in, it will be seen more as a gesture of aid to rebuild, as opposed to a hostile take over. Funny how that worked out, eh?

What funny suprise. Is that related to Steve staying behind in the city while others went to their doom?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14000 on: March 17, 2015, 11:44:01 am »

What funny suprise. Is that related to Steve staying behind in the city while others went to their doom?

He liked Faith's work in M10 so much that he decided to try his own no doubt entirely old hand at regicide? Probably killed the guy with his bare hands, too.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14001 on: March 17, 2015, 12:10:24 pm »

"Is data from tunnel walking any good?" Chief asks.
I wonder if the local government is going to send any scientists to explore them, since based on your investigation they are mostly benign. They could even use them as an energy source with a few pipes and solar panels, like the inverse of a geothermal plant. Geocooler plant?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14002 on: March 17, 2015, 12:17:10 pm »

On the other hand, they're in the middle of the desert and everything nearby just got wrecked.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14003 on: March 17, 2015, 12:18:38 pm »

On the other hand, they're in the middle of the desert and everything nearby just got wrecked.

But even so, who can honestly say no to miles upon miles of perfectly good alien infrastructure?

I'm halfway tempted to try and persuade Steve to let Chief establish some sort of research outpost down planetside, and go through the entirety of the complex in the years to come. There's so much cool shit we could find in there! So many Eater eggs we could subvert!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 12:20:16 pm by Harry Baldman »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14004 on: March 17, 2015, 12:42:15 pm »

Q'Baja folks are good when it comes to biology. Surely they can handle few alien eggs on their own.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14005 on: March 17, 2015, 01:06:09 pm »

Why not move their entire civilization below ground? It will certainly be cooler (pun intended).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14006 on: March 17, 2015, 01:15:58 pm »

Why not move their entire civilization below ground? It will certainly be cooler (pun intended).

Thing is, only one cave is really cold. The rest seems to be either unseasonably warm or flesh-meltingly hot.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14007 on: March 17, 2015, 11:49:53 pm »

Dammit Toaster, now I have to search through all the posts from when I first popped in to see if I ever heard steve!
Rassa frazzin roleplaying, rassa frazzin effort.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14008 on: March 18, 2015, 08:04:34 am »

I think it's fair to assume that everyone hears that intro speech that's in the very first post of the very first thread.  (The "You may start screaming now" one.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14009 on: March 18, 2015, 08:22:28 am »

I think it's fair to assume that everyone hears that intro speech that's in the very first post of the very first thread.  (The "You may start screaming now" one.)

Maybe your shock implant plays it into your brain when you wake up, and Steve hasn't bothered recording a new speech for ARM yet.
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 2205