Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490801 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13980 on: March 16, 2015, 10:16:21 am »

Hey, hey! I might then, though!..
... but then again I probably wouldn't. I already have Fun with the ninja assassin squads!

Also, Piecewise, by any chance, will on-ship be updated again one of these days, or has it also entered "waiting for missions to end" limbo, like Heph thread and others? Take your time as needed, of course.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13981 on: March 16, 2015, 10:26:34 am »

Hey, hey! I might then, though!..
... but then again I probably wouldn't. I already have Fun with the ninja assassin squads!

Also, Piecewise, by any chance, will on-ship be updated again one of these days, or has it also entered "waiting for missions to end" limbo, like Heph thread and others? Take your time as needed, of course.
Already updated.

Why do you have such a suicidal hardon for getting mesk to tear parts of your brain out?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: March 16, 2015, 11:28:08 am »

Uhhh... well... do dyn-bonuses still exist (because it's kinda two turns already we've spent on "preparations" and doing nothing)? In what way does "assistance" help with doing things (yes, operating 'live', on conscious patient that even tries to do some things himself)?

Finally, would I have better chances if our roles were reversed and Maurice conducted the operation with Mesk assisting him? As in, would that still be possible, or would that require, say, two (or more) consecutive [5] results as opposed to just one if rolled by Mesk?

Also, doesn't it count as "common operation" (in the sense of no xeno-fuckery or anything of the sort involved)? Because I am fairly sure both Maurice and Mesk have that rule (even though it is for some reason absent from Mesk's entry on the wiki, as I just checked).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13983 on: March 16, 2015, 11:30:35 am »

I can't say I'd envision brain surgery as being a common operation. There's a reason those people are paid lots of money these days.

I'd imagine a brain surgeon capable of performing reasonably successful surgery on his own brain would have an even higher market value.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: March 16, 2015, 11:56:27 am »

Well, it's kinda easier than regular brain surgery since this time a)there is superior equipment allowing unprecedented surgery feats (that cursed knife in particular + overall level of ERverse medi-tech); b)it is an inorganic, clearly distinguishable object to be removed (as opposed to removing brain parts)?

I kinda envisioned it on par as having to remove a bullet rather than a tumor - tough, yes, but still quite easier than otherwise.

Plus I recall that, when it was first offered, I asked to specify what 'common' constitutes (since most HMRC cases are anything but common as we usually envision it) and it was answered that it was rather, to paraphrase, HMRC-grade common - "not xenofuckery or weirdshit"
(still, I wouldn't put 'brain-surgery on self' as common either - but it *might* be acceptable for a non-self-operating surgeon)

Edit: Here it is:
Could you explain a bit what the 'routine' includes? ... Civilian-grade routine, military-grade routine or HMRC-grade routine?
Routine basically means anything that doesn't involve alien infestation or exotic stuff.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:00:48 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13985 on: March 16, 2015, 12:09:54 pm »

Well, it's kinda easier than regular brain surgery since this time a)there is superior equipment allowing unprecedented surgery feats (that cursed knife in particular + overall level of ERverse medi-tech); b)it is an inorganic, clearly distinguishable object to be removed (as opposed to removing brain parts)?

I kinda envisioned it on par as having to remove a bullet rather than a tumor - tough, yes, but still quite easier than otherwise.

Plus I recall that, when it was first offered, I asked to specify what 'common' constitutes (since most HMRC cases are anything but common as we usually envision it) and it was answered that it was rather, to paraphrase, HMRC-grade common - "not xenofuckery or weirdshit"
(still, I wouldn't put 'brain-surgery on self' as common either - but it *might* be acceptable for a non-self-operating surgeon)

Edit: Here it is:
Could you explain a bit what the 'routine' includes? ... Civilian-grade routine, military-grade routine or HMRC-grade routine?
Routine basically means anything that doesn't involve alien infestation or exotic stuff.
This is exotic enough.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13986 on: March 16, 2015, 12:17:07 pm »

Ah, sure. That's okay.
So, just to confirm - there is nothing I could do to tip the scales at this point (short of going to the infirmary and being operated by someone else than Mesk)? No preparation dynbonus, no assistance bonus, no exotic stuff, etc.?
Past Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13987 on: March 16, 2015, 12:23:45 pm »

You could go ti the infirmary, have Mesk do it, but have someone (mayhaps the Doc) standing by to punch Mesk out if he goes full kickboxing doctor.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13988 on: March 16, 2015, 12:54:19 pm »

Ah, sure. That's okay.
So, just to confirm - there is nothing I could do to tip the scales at this point (short of going to the infirmary and being operated by someone else than Mesk)? No preparation dynbonus, no assistance bonus, no exotic stuff, etc.?
You can do dynamic bonuses sure, but there's still the chance it will murder you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13989 on: March 16, 2015, 08:51:01 pm »

To debriefing and mechanical repairs.
Inquire why there's no psychological debriefing ever since past experiences are concerned...even if we're rebelliously free, currently.

If they asked us about our feelings, we might get the mistaken idea that we're important as individuals!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13990 on: March 16, 2015, 09:02:13 pm »

To debriefing and mechanical repairs.
Inquire why there's no psychological debriefing ever since past experiences are concerned...even if we're rebelliously free, currently.

If they asked us about our feelings, we might get the mistaken idea that we're important as individuals!
:O
But...I have had that idea ever since!
._.

On another note: Anyone else got the feeling that we just unleashed something that we'll encounter at a later mission? That's what I believed on M3...given the bizarre world of sound as a great idea for adventure, but that's just me (and Feyri).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13991 on: March 16, 2015, 10:46:25 pm »

That Heph flesh horror never did get destroyed.

Now if only we had an opposing flesh horror on that planet. If only...
Sig! Onol

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13992 on: March 16, 2015, 11:38:09 pm »

We kinda nuked it from orbit. And maybe recycled bits of it for the sod pits. I don't think it will get more destroyed than that.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13993 on: March 16, 2015, 11:39:12 pm »

...really? I don't recall-
Oh right that's why I was searching for where it went rather than going full Xanzilla to fight it.
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13994 on: March 17, 2015, 12:53:09 am »

We've still got fleshorror flesh in the freezer, and we might be able to grow it if it's as omni-functional as the original thing.  It's one reason I'm not pushing as hard as possible to keep Xan on Heph; we have another, less homicidally insane option.

Of course, I still want to keep Xan because I think he uses a different method of control, but...
Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 2205