Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491833 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13935 on: March 13, 2015, 06:04:07 pm »

@syvarris On happy-flesh:

Because, for example, one might want to settle down eventually and have children (come on, there is only a chance of sterility, right?)?  ;)

But honestly, yes, I'd agree that temp-botting and then maybe getting back your body or growing a new healthy one might be the best "practical" choice. I say "practical" because there is one more practical matter to consider, and that is - it does not matter if you remain physically alive until the end of the war if you end up completely deranged by then. All in all, fleshy bodies are an excellent deterrent to issues of existential origin, which can kill a person more surely than a bullet. What for to keep living if nothing is real? How can one be sure that what you experience around is actually real - especially since you can know for sure that this is a body made by humans, and it might be flawed - or, more importantly, defect by design, feeding you false data? How can you live if you cannot feel no touch, no taste, no smell - nothing that made the life nice? And then if you do make yourself feel some of that - you know for sure that your feelings exist only because you put an electrode in your own brain! You're deceiving yourself! Etc.etc.etc. It can be overcome (with wisdom, stubborn determination, philosophy education or some other way), but it is still much of a problem (also existing in flesh-bodied lives, but to lesser extent).

So whether it is practical to move on to robo-body or not is up to each person, balancing on whether the immediate physical gains outweight (or not) the potential mental problems it can create. So yes, while "flesh is weak", indeed, it allows for happier life on average. "Ignorance is bliss", in a fashion.  :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13936 on: March 13, 2015, 07:06:34 pm »

Well fuck, though I kinda figured killing himself with his own explosives was the way would go :P

Will think up new char soonish(maybe regular gun guy with a love of heavy weaponry)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13937 on: March 13, 2015, 07:30:27 pm »

Not sure if piecewise missed my question in the mission thread - If my contested action of tossing the Eater in the cocoon towards Eatatlantis/Eatermom/whatever had gone uncontested and gotten a good roll, what would have happened?
This all would have been over a lot quicker.

Spoiler: The eater was inhabiting humans (or anything else really) as a sort of cocoon. Once it had matured, it was trying to get out of the cocoon to meet up with its buddy up there. You hucking it several miles broke the cocoon, so to speak. 

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13938 on: March 13, 2015, 07:39:25 pm »

So you never actually had to kill it in the specified spot, if it's host had been killed anywhere where it's mate was, it would have all been finished up?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: March 13, 2015, 07:49:21 pm »

I imagine something fancy might have happened if we got it to the Pit. Or maybe not!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13940 on: March 13, 2015, 07:53:32 pm »

So you never actually had to kill it in the specified spot, if it's host had been killed anywhere where it's mate was, it would have all been finished up?
It just had to be fully mature.

What, you think I give you legends built upon complete and total accuracy to facts?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13941 on: March 13, 2015, 07:57:24 pm »

I guess it was just assumed they were true, you know, 'the missiongiver is always right.'
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13942 on: March 13, 2015, 08:14:57 pm »

I guess it was just assumed they were true, you know, 'the missiongiver is always right.'

Pretty sure that's been very, very rarely true in ER :P

At best, the missiongiver isn't saying everything. But in most cases, we're going in because Steve doesn't know what's going on, and wants us to fix that. So anything he tells us is a guess at best, and an outright lie at worst.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: March 13, 2015, 08:47:32 pm »

Tyrar's new character is perfect for this outfit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: March 13, 2015, 08:56:01 pm »

Even more so when I get that missile launcher I wanted to do designed :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: March 13, 2015, 10:06:23 pm »

See?  Non-violent mission set.  All you had to do was not kill it until told to do so; the target area was secretly a lot wider than you thought.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: March 13, 2015, 10:30:03 pm »

"The place where no shadow is cast by the sun"

GDI guys.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13947 on: March 13, 2015, 10:31:51 pm »

"The place where no shadow is cast by the sun"

GDI guys.
hehe

Here's a question for you: Would you trust Joker team with your life?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13948 on: March 13, 2015, 10:35:50 pm »

Lars would, but he's biased since he's rolled with them once and also thinks Milno is a literal saint.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: March 13, 2015, 10:42:19 pm »

Yeah, I would, but then again I died on a joker mission so my input may be invalid. (TBF the overshoot wasn't something that could be controlled, and might have been survivable if it hadn't activated my bag of explosives :P)
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 2205