Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 927 928 [929] 930 931 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491825 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13920 on: March 13, 2015, 12:27:03 pm »

Oh sure, if that's what she wants, go for it. Just reminding you of the powergaming munchkin options honestly. You can spend it all on frilly party hats if you want.
((I like my party hats. If I wanted to be a powergamey munchkin my build would have been identical to Xan's. such a build even matched up with my endgame vision for original Lyra.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13921 on: March 13, 2015, 12:36:21 pm »

You added Thaddeus to the wall of remembrance, when is was Michael who died.
Also you never added Sambo.
Fixed that.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13922 on: March 13, 2015, 02:47:59 pm »

@Comrade P asking about my Heavy Robotic Body price

IIRC, it was decided that the HRB would cost 16 tokens, 18 if you got it with rocket flight ability.  Cost to upgrade from standard to flight after purchase would probably be six to eight tokens, maybe more.

There'll be at least one free prototype for the next mission bundle, so you might be able to get that.  You can only keep the prototype for one mission though.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13923 on: March 13, 2015, 02:54:54 pm »

Not sure if piecewise missed my question in the mission thread - If my contested action of tossing the Eater in the cocoon towards Eatatlantis/Eatermom/whatever had gone uncontested and gotten a good roll, what would have happened?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13924 on: March 13, 2015, 02:55:45 pm »

@Comrade P asking about my Heavy Robotic Body price
IIRC, it was decided that the HRB would cost 16 tokens, 18 if you got it with rocket flight ability.  Cost to upgrade from standard to flight after purchase would probably be six to eight tokens, maybe more.
There'll be at least one free prototype for the next mission bundle, so you might be able to get that.  You can only keep the prototype for one mission though.

That's good. Given I have a chance of surviving my first mission somewhat higher with that thing (if I get one), overall chances I'll live through enough missions to buy one for personal use increase.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13925 on: March 13, 2015, 03:26:09 pm »

Honestly, you'd practically have to try to get killed if you get one.  The 'weaker' variant has three layers of battlesuit plate, which is nigh impenetrable armor except against very heavy weapons, and the stronger variant is literally immune to the first shot from just about anything short of a manip overload.

That is, your chances of not dying go way up, unless you plan on dying from stupidity (punching an eater would do it) or from a manip overload.  Even in the latter case, you can fly away, and any ranged shrapnel will plink off.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13926 on: March 13, 2015, 03:42:54 pm »

I never disregard chance of me dying of stupidity. That is the first step towards not doing so, I believe.
I'll eagerly put abilities of HRB to the test without going blatantly suicidal, though. That is what field tests actually for, right?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13927 on: March 13, 2015, 04:07:49 pm »

punching an eater

I. Regret. Nothing.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13928 on: March 13, 2015, 04:56:43 pm »

Say, just how have I not ended up being bot'd so far anyway?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13929 on: March 13, 2015, 05:05:35 pm »

I'm happy that so far I'm fully human as well =D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13930 on: March 13, 2015, 05:39:01 pm »

@Comrade

Yeah, that's smart.  I just mean that minor acts of stupidity aren't gonna be a massive problem- At most, you'll probably just be crippled.  It's the really stupid things that can actually kill you.

It's strange.  For all the stuff we say about PW's bloodlust, he generally doesn't throw instantly lethal stuff at us unless it's pretty obviously instantly lethal.

@People happy about their fleshy bodies

Why would you be happy?  Robotic bodies are so much superior in just about every important way.  Logically, even if your character's priority is to be alive with a body after the revolution, you have a much better chance of succeeding if you willingly get botted; Every mission you go on with a human body is a mission you're more likely to get permakilled on.

Plus, if you have both high AUX and a robobody, you're almost as overpowered as a space wizard.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13931 on: March 13, 2015, 05:44:06 pm »

Don't try and bring logic into this. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13932 on: March 13, 2015, 05:52:30 pm »

@Comrade

Yeah, that's smart.  I just mean that minor acts of stupidity aren't gonna be a massive problem- At most, you'll probably just be crippled.  It's the really stupid things that can actually kill you.

It's strange.  For all the stuff we say about PW's bloodlust, he generally doesn't throw instantly lethal stuff at us unless it's pretty obviously instantly lethal.

Why would you be happy?  Robotic bodies are so much superior in just about every important way.  Logically, even if your character's priority is to be alive with a body after the revolution, you have a much better chance of succeeding if you willingly get botted; Every mission you go on with a human body is a mission you're more likely to get permakilled on.

Plus, if you have both high AUX and a robobody, you're almost as overpowered as a space wizard.
Yeah, people are happy about it because that means we look human and people won't easily be able to mistake us for soulless murderers unless we act like it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13933 on: March 13, 2015, 06:00:30 pm »

@Comrade

Yeah, people are happy about it because that means we look human and people won't easily be able to mistake us for soulless murderers unless we act like it.
Hey, I looked human and -
Actually no one recognized me as a soulless murderer until I horror'd.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13934 on: March 13, 2015, 06:03:31 pm »

-snip-
You could always just wear a Xanflesh suit or some similar veneer.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 927 928 [929] 930 931 ... 2205