Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492633 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13890 on: March 13, 2015, 01:35:06 am »

Oh, also, Comrade P in the on-ship thread, you can charge a dynamic bonus that I think is cumulative with the VR bonus.  Any action can be given a +/-1 towards five, if you forfeit the previous turn by saying 'I'll do nothing except charge a dynamic bonus for <skill/stat>'.  If you don't want to ruin the gauss rifle, I suggest you do that.

Interesting. I'll do that.
By the way, what's the deal with +/-? Does it give randomly either bonus or disadvantage? Or what?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:39:31 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: March 13, 2015, 01:44:50 am »

+/-towards 5
if you are below 5, it is a plus
if you are at 5, it does nothing
if you are above 5, it is a minus
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13892 on: March 13, 2015, 01:58:51 am »

So PW, how many did you expect to die these missions?
Depends.

I mean, these next missions will probably have a few. Or all of them. Depends how well they work out. They're gonna be pretty dangerous because they're gonna be relying on each other.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: March 13, 2015, 02:00:03 am »

they're gonna be relying on each other
...Does the armory sell funeral arrangements?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: March 13, 2015, 02:05:41 am »

Oh dear.
I may be in a less precarious position than some of the people on those. And that's saying something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: March 13, 2015, 02:08:19 am »

Oh dear.
I may be in a less precarious position than some of the people on those. And that's saying something.
You and me both, Xan, you and me both. :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: March 13, 2015, 02:12:18 am »

+/-towards 5
if you are below 5, it is a plus
if you are at 5, it does nothing
if you are above 5, it is a minus

Thanks.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13897 on: March 13, 2015, 04:13:02 am »

Well, your arms ain't exactly human anymore, so maybe you could cut the sleeves off your suit and not die.
This. Milno used to have his robotic arm outside of his MK suit and was still not dead in vacuum. You can probably do something similar. Should be easier with the new MCP suits.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: March 13, 2015, 06:35:29 am »

Just noticed I haven't bolded my interest in assisting in the rescue operation, so I will do so now.
As much as I fear going down to this unassuming death-trap of a planet, I've got to be there to provide a shiny metal ass for people to hide behind. Unless Miyamoto/RC thinks a Battlesuit with an Swiss Army Energy Cannon would be too high profile.

Although I was hoping I could get to finish my match with Lyra. Eh, after we return I guess. If we return.

Now that I think about it, I think nobody has ever finished a game of poacher. Maybe it's cursed.
by the way Paris, I'm interested in this too.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: March 13, 2015, 08:58:21 am »

So PW, how many did you expect to die these missions?
Depends.

I mean, these next missions will probably have a few. Or all of them. Depends how well they work out. They're gonna be pretty dangerous because they're gonna be relying on each other.

I like how, depending on how you read this, it implies PW is designing these missions to kill us.  Not that we'd expect anything less.

they're gonna be relying on each other
...Does the armory sell funeral arrangements?

Lars is selling a discount last rites package; you and a buddy for a token!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: March 13, 2015, 09:40:17 am »

@Lenglon: what good will coma fur do when Lyra is wearing her spess suit most of the time? Or are you planning on ditching that?

Because if streaking 24/7 is what you want, may I suggest saving up a bit, buying a synthflesh catbody, than buying skin (and whatever else needed) to cover it with? Much more bang for buck, and she could get razor sharp fangs and claws to rip throats with and other such fun stuff.
it matters because it's her body, not some machine or robot, it's HER. same as why she wants to keep pain turned on. She wants to seem like she's still organic, and to be able to be treated as such, both to others and to herself.
It's an acceptance of being robotized thing. needs to happen slowly.

Well sure, just saying you could save some of your tokens now so that, whenever Lyra is ready/forced to go full robo, she'll have the dough to look into better options from the start.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: March 13, 2015, 09:48:08 am »

So hey, if I took the stuff Maurice deposited with me, hocked a couple things and sold my Mk3, I could have fifty tokens!  Wonder what that could buy.  An Avatar with a battlesuit strapped on to it?  Get a bulk discount on fission instigators?  A fusion instigator?  Throw them all at the Doc and turn into a bullet-time spaceship Xan cat fish giant robot butcher?  Buy a crate of lasers and strap them all over myself for a murder disco?

(Don't worry; neither Lars nor Toaster would do that)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: March 13, 2015, 10:00:09 am »

So hey, if I took the stuff Maurice deposited with me, hocked a couple things and sold my Mk3, I could have fifty tokens!  Wonder what that could buy.  An Avatar with a battlesuit strapped on to it?  Get a bulk discount on fission instigators?  A fusion instigator?  Throw them all at the Doc and turn into a bullet-time spaceship Xan cat fish giant robot butcher?  Buy a crate of lasers and strap them all over myself for a murder disco?

(Don't worry; neither Lars nor Toaster would do that)

This summer...

Lars is...

the one-man Battlesuit Brigade.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: March 13, 2015, 10:00:58 am »

Given the exponential value of tokens...Hey, at what token price do titans come these days?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13904 on: March 13, 2015, 10:04:53 am »

From what I can tell, the higher level weapons are really just specific 'win mission' tools.
The LESHO will win in any assassination mission, hands down, and it's highly priced ammo even for a slug gives it a big niche, so even if it was bought, it would mainly be used for killing individuals, perhaps small squads with the grav/nuke shells, but who would waste so much on faceless mooks?

The Fission Instigator, however, is a 'Win mission' button for anything that can be boiled down to 'destroy the thing' as this erases the thing would stand on and anything in relation to the thing, no matter how contrived.

The Plas. Projector would work well as a kinda middle ground between 'Destroy everything anything has ever cared about' and 'Kill, like, one thing 100%', especially against invasion missions, like the Heph defence, where you might wanna take a big thing out like a battlesuit, but perhaps without vaporising all of your skin.

The Manips. And Amps are pretty obvious, though, incredibly versatile, and the effectiveness is really only dictated by your imagination in using them, they do however come with a good set of weaknesses, namely, overshoots, undershoots, caught off guard, being in a tight situation after expending all your mind points or running out of manip ammo.

The AOWs and Battle-suits are pretty obvious, too, they massively increase your survivability while sacrificing small and more easily dodged problems, like size or the warmth of a human being, stuff like that.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 2205