Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493194 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13830 on: March 11, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »

I was joking when I said I blame Miyamoto, just in case it wasn't clear.
I think between thad's amp use and my pipebomb we'll get the first wave of gunnerbots, but we really need to kill that signal otherwise we'll be tracked no matter where we go.
The box is back in the bank. So they are not tracking that. There is something else they could be tracking though. Or several things, depending on how smart/prepared they are.

But hey, since the box wasn't trapped, they may want to keep your brains intact for interrogation.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13832 on: March 11, 2015, 05:13:14 pm »

as the Namite goes off. It's not so much an explosion as the sound of a rocket engine starting up; a roar accompanied by a blinding white light, like burning magnesium, through the windows of the bank.

this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm glad this stuff is being put to good use

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13833 on: March 11, 2015, 05:17:15 pm »

as the Namite goes off. It's not so much an explosion as the sound of a rocket engine starting up; a roar accompanied by a blinding white light, like burning magnesium, through the windows of the bank.

this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm glad this stuff is being put to good use

Hey, it's a very practical incendiary compound for all your burninating needs(unlike CFl3, which is pretty dangerous to handle, though much more deadly with the burning toxic clouds of acid), you should be proud
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13834 on: March 11, 2015, 05:50:36 pm »

Hey, it's a very practical incendiary compound for all your burninating needs(unlike CFl3, which is pretty dangerous to handle, though much more deadly with the burning toxic clouds of acid), you should be proud
Me and Radio. I wanted things to burn real good, he helped a lot with the sciency stuff.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13835 on: March 11, 2015, 08:08:11 pm »

Is anyone else surprised that the troubleshooter isn't shooting the trouble?
So that the a pack of gunnerdogs will have a nice stationary target with a nice possibly-unstable machine-god inside?

Without his Milnoplate and MK3, he's still only human. A very competent human, but still human. So a direct attack would never(EDIT: Now that I think about it, this works on D6, so it might actually work if they get really lucky) work, it would be a move of desperation. He can just use his experience to direct people. He can wait for the right time to act. Or he could attempt to attack indirectly. Right now though, a direct attack would not be very wise.

Oh, and by the way, these are upgraded gunnerbots. Synthflesh ones. Faster, stronger, more stable, more precise. Since this planet is known for its synthflesh production, we might want to investigate that once we take over. Because whoever got those bots probably got them from a facility in this world.

Also, that probably means can use their cameyes to hunt the vehicle. Even if they manage to mask the heat signature with an explosion, they can still switch to radiowaves and track the giant strobe that is the null program.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13836 on: March 11, 2015, 08:58:28 pm »

I had to look up what the Instrument was.  What's it done beside gut Stacy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13837 on: March 11, 2015, 09:09:48 pm »

Gut Mason ((literally :P)), and... uh... free that guy from the Heph fleshmonster innards? Or was it the cursed knife that was successfully used then? I don't remember, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:11:54 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13838 on: March 11, 2015, 10:26:57 pm »

So that the a pack of gunnerdogs will have a nice stationary target with a nice possibly-unstable machine-god inside?

Without his Milnoplate and MK3, he's still only human. A very competent human, but still human. So a direct attack would never(EDIT: Now that I think about it, this works on D6, so it might actually work if they get really lucky) work, it would be a move of desperation. He can just use his experience to direct people. He can wait for the right time to act. Or he could attempt to attack indirectly. Right now though, a direct attack would not be very wise.

Oh, and by the way, these are upgraded gunnerbots. Synthflesh ones. Faster, stronger, more stable, more precise. Since this planet is known for its synthflesh production, we might want to investigate that once we take over. Because whoever got those bots probably got them from a facility in this world.

Also, that probably means can use their cameyes to hunt the vehicle. Even if they manage to mask the heat signature with an explosion, they can still switch to radiowaves and track the giant strobe that is the null program.

I don't think he'd be able to kill all the gunnerbots, but he'd certainly be able to take out one and then duck behind cover.  He does have cameyes to continue observing, right?

It shouldn't even be that dangerous for him.  Gunnerbots, even upgraded synthflesh gunnerbots, roll for their shots, whereas sods automatically get fives.  We've already seen sods fail to shoot people ducking in and out of cover, so a guy that only fires once before ducking should be fine.  Plus, they seem to be taking awhile to zero in on the van, so they probably won't just instantly snapshot at him without aiming.

Lastly, although Cael would probably disagree on this point, the stuff in the Van is integral to the mission, while the people in the hotel aren't.  If he gets shot, but saves the van in the process, the mission succeeds.  The opposite isn't true.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13839 on: March 11, 2015, 11:47:29 pm »

Synthflesh? Oh damn, somehow I missed that part. We are so dead.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13840 on: March 11, 2015, 11:50:28 pm »

I really should've come onto that mission.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13841 on: March 12, 2015, 12:18:14 am »

Where does it say that they have synthflesh? That's really not good if the are.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13842 on: March 12, 2015, 01:03:30 am »

I think it's due to the description of "albino greyhounds", which makes me wonder why we never thought of sythflesh gunnerbots ourselves, since they'd be a lot more durable
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13843 on: March 12, 2015, 01:48:48 am »

makes me wonder why we never thought of sythflesh gunnerbots ourselves, since they'd be a lot more durable
Because... Stupidly expensive for not a lot of use (because dog-brain AI)? The smaller the bot, the less synth-flesh bonus effects? Real durability begins with battleplate (which is still cheaper than synth-flesh, cm3 for cm3)?

Really, for the synth-flesh efficiency to fully kick in, synth-flesh 'bots should probably bear better AI (human-brain, possibly a few people's worth - or Arbiter-like), be no smaller than standard synth-body (which is, I presume, still bigger than a basic gunnerbot - about like a human is larger than a dog), bear advanced weaponry (precise and powerful), and maybe even sport a layer of new advanced armor.
Which, taken all together, makes for a far-too-common "overly expensive, too-niche, shines but in very specific conditions" type of a tinker project, I think.

Honestly, if those are really synth-flesh gunnerbots, UWM could probably do a better (and possibly cheaper) job by putting there just five times that many standard-issue gunnerbots. Good thing they didn't, right?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13844 on: March 12, 2015, 01:56:55 am »

They probably didn't have enough room to fit that much in.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 2205