Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493254 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13785 on: March 10, 2015, 09:35:28 pm »

I think he meant 16-18 for the current set.  5 (Serial Killer Spring Break) and 15 (Stan 9 from Outer Space) were the two complete failures.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13786 on: March 10, 2015, 09:46:04 pm »

Though it's certainly looking like 18 is about to be #3... Or vanish entirely. Who knows!

I don't know what you're talking about. It always said 18.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:23:27 am by Kriellya »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13787 on: March 10, 2015, 10:15:23 pm »

Though it's certainly looking like 17 is about to be #3... Or vanish entirely. Who knows!
You mean 18? 17 is done already, isn't it?

Hey PW, can Steve send Miya down to fight the giant space sun? Or the AM? Would be neat to watch. Besides, how often does the AM get to cut loose in an eldritch space magic fight?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13788 on: March 10, 2015, 10:25:21 pm »

Once.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13789 on: March 10, 2015, 11:51:58 pm »

How much do cam-eyes cost, again? I guess I'll have to buy a whole pair. ::)
Also, is tinker closed down currently? I had something I wanted to design.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13790 on: March 10, 2015, 11:55:02 pm »

They cost 5 tokens, I think.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13791 on: March 11, 2015, 12:12:17 am »

Hotline Miami 2 is just as fun as the original as it turns out. Also, just as hard.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13792 on: March 11, 2015, 12:37:13 am »

As long as they don't pull that bullshit where it says 'Stage Clear' and then you can still die and fail the stage...
Man, that shit pissed me off enough that I stopped playing it entirely. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13793 on: March 11, 2015, 12:40:25 am »

As long as they don't pull that bullshit where it says 'Stage Clear' and then you can still die and fail the stage...
Man, that shit pissed me off enough that I stopped playing it entirely. :P
Then don't be such a bitch

Eh, it only really happens in one level. The others are just the intro to the boss fight.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13794 on: March 11, 2015, 08:58:16 am »

Though it's certainly looking like 17 is about to be #3... Or vanish entirely. Who knows!
You mean 18? 17 is done already, isn't it?

Hey PW, can Steve send Miya down to fight the giant space sun? Or the AM? Would be neat to watch. Besides, how often does the AM get to cut loose in an eldritch space magic fight?
We can't be using the AM to clean up all your problems.

Hotline Miami 2 is just as fun as the original as it turns out. Also, just as hard.
I dunno, The controls don't feel as good (shift look in particular seems to have been altered for the worse, and even after changing control back to digital I can't quite get the game to obey my mouse commands correctly) and the way they handle the story and the player freedom feels worse. The original had more open, less linear levels while this one tends to funnel you along a specific path a lot more. The number of masks  available on any particular mission is limited because now each mask is unique to a character rather then being used by one person, and sometimes there isn't any choice at all. The first one's story seemed more carefully crafted, tight and focused while this one goes more expansive but because of the scattered nature of how they handle it each individual section loses some of its dramatic impact. It feels like they've overextended themselves in a way.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13795 on: March 11, 2015, 09:03:51 am »

I dunno, The controls don't feel as good (shift look in particular seems to have been altered for the worse, and even after changing control back to digital I can't quite get the game to obey my mouse commands correctly) and the way they handle the story and the player freedom feels worse. The original had more open, less linear levels while this one tends to funnel you along a specific path a lot more. The number of masks  available on any particular mission is limited because now each mask is unique to a character rather then being used by one person, and sometimes there isn't any choice at all. The first one's story seemed more carefully crafted, tight and focused while this one goes more expansive but because of the scattered nature of how they handle it each individual section loses some of its dramatic impact. It feels like they've overextended themselves in a way.

Dang it, piecewise, you're confirming the fears I've had ever since I learned anything about HM2's content (which is right after I listened to the unofficial soundtrack).

Even if there's no adequately explained reason not to. [/rehashed griping about OP NPCs]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:06:07 am by Harry Baldman »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13796 on: March 11, 2015, 09:16:18 am »

I felt the same way about the controls at first but after the first two levels now it just feels like the originals. I definitely disagree about the player freedom, it's pretty much the same as number one in that there's about a handful of ways that you can go about doing things and it mostly depends on the skill of the player or how long they try at it. And I'll admit, I actually like the story just as much as the original, it's a bit like reading a Song of Ice and Fire in the way it tells the story, when you move forward things start making more sense in other places. Also, I'm loving all the new characters, they each have their own kind of style that helps make the levels better, the writer and his more pacifistic methods for example.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13797 on: March 11, 2015, 09:33:05 am »

Dang it, piecewise, you're confirming the fears I've had ever since I learned anything about HM2's content (which is right after I listened to the unofficial soundtrack).

Even if there's no adequately explained reason not to. [/rehashed griping about OP NPCs]
Take what I say with a grain of salt, it's just my opinion. And I should point out that I had to struggle to get the game to even launch on my pc (A common problem) and that they've been dropping several patches since the launch. My control issues (namely the fact that sometimes the characters just refuse to turn to face where I'm pointing as though there are invisible walls stopping them from turning) might be bugs as opposed to design choices.  And while I think the over all story is suffering due to the lack of a focused narrative, each vignette is still fun and the characters are still pretty good. Though honestly I preferred Jacket because he was such a cipher and that felt more thematically appropriate in that kind of game; his lack of character, the isolation that the between mission segments reenforced, the story telling of showing his relationship with the rescued girl through scene changes rather then any dialog, all meshed really well with the general feel. All the new characters are good (I prefer the band of masked characters myself) but I still think that the original captured a very specific and powerful tone because of how all the elements of the story meshed into one singular vision, while this one feels less coherent, or at least less focused.

Anyways, Hey, Heph people. Do you guys all have any particular day when most of you are free? Saturday or sunday maybe? In general I mean, not this particular week.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:53:15 am by piecewise »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13798 on: March 11, 2015, 10:07:39 am »

Umm, uh.  The entirety of next week would be great for me, due to Spring break.  Failing that, Friday or the weekend should be okay, if I get warning beforehand.

I've been procrastinating about Heph stuff.  There's things I should do before everything gets started back up.  Hrm.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13799 on: March 11, 2015, 10:56:44 am »

I've been thinking that the best way to do Heph would be to use it for testing things, examining artifacts and the like, while doing the designing over IRC on one day a week. That way people on Heph get more done and they can play a game rather then typing out text walls that drain my life force.
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 2205