Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494178 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13680 on: March 07, 2015, 06:25:38 am »

Man, fuck cancer. Our family has had its fair share of run ins with that asshole, it sucks. Best wishes to your dad pw, tell him random people from across the globe are rooting for him.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13681 on: March 07, 2015, 07:40:20 am »

Sincerely hope your father gets well, PW.
Do whatever you have to. We'll wait here patiently for your return and good news.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13682 on: March 07, 2015, 07:41:42 am »

Best of luck piecewise. I hope everything turns out OK. Take all the time you need.

Irrelevant: I like how Auron immediately disregards a warning coming from the Doctor himself.

It would be really funny if the thing M16 is looking for turns out to not be there.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13683 on: March 07, 2015, 08:04:05 am »

<snip>
It would be really funny if the thing M16 is looking for turns out to not be there.

You know, I did wonder about this possibility as well. It could be that Mr. Smith stole it before us.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: March 07, 2015, 03:37:25 pm »

Guys, do I get it right that Paracelcus' Sword took a whole damn lot of frozen inmates very long time ago and whatever personal conflicts they were involved in prior to designation are most likely to be irrelevant by now?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13685 on: March 07, 2015, 03:39:31 pm »

Guys, do I get it right that Paracelcus' Sword took a whole damn lot of frozen inmates very long time ago and whatever personal conflicts they were involved in prior to designation are most likely to be irrelevant by now?

You do!

And each reasonably long jump carries us about 20-60 years into the future. Somewhere from 150 to 300 years have passed in the universe since the game began. So even if you were picked up right before the game started, your past would still be interminably far from the present.

More likely, though, is that your past may be somewhere close to half a millennium away in universal terms.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13686 on: March 07, 2015, 03:42:44 pm »

Okay, I'm glad I got stuff right. Thanks.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13687 on: March 07, 2015, 03:47:23 pm »

You do!

And each reasonably long jump carries us about 20-60 years into the future. Somewhere from 150 to 300 years have passed in the universe since the game began. So even if you were picked up right before the game started, your past would still be interminably far from the present.

More likely, though, is that your past may be somewhere close to half a millennium away in universal terms.
You know, if someone were to get revenge on someone else at this point it would really come out of left field for them.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: March 07, 2015, 04:45:13 pm »

it would really come out of left field for them.

Isn't that the entire premise of this game?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: March 07, 2015, 04:54:46 pm »

I wonder if the revolution would die out if we made a 50 year or longer jump. Is that why we only made a 10 year jump last time, and possibly short jumps in the future?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13690 on: March 07, 2015, 05:03:53 pm »

it would really come out of left field for them.

Isn't that the entire premise of this game?
What? Revenge plots coming out of left field? Not that I know of.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13691 on: March 07, 2015, 05:15:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure that we lose way less time than '20-60 years' when jumping.  IIRC, the samsonite abyss mission had one of the longest jumps we ever did, and it only took a little over a decade to get there.  Other jumps were generally a good bit shorter.  A good example is the anomoulous planetoid mission, which had the sword jump four times I think, and it all took only a year.

Also, if we actually did use that much time to jump, everyone on Heph would be long dead of old age in a few mission.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13692 on: March 07, 2015, 05:21:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure that we lose way less time than '20-60 years' when jumping.  IIRC, the samsonite abyss mission had one of the longest jumps we ever did, and it only took a little over a decade to get there.  Other jumps were generally a good bit shorter.  A good example is the anomoulous planetoid mission, which had the sword jump four times I think, and it all took only a year.

Also, if we actually did use that much time to jump, everyone on Heph would be long dead of old age in a few mission.

Long jumps, mind. I'm not sure about the short ones. Though you are right, 12-15 years for the Samsonite Abyss.

But I'm positive that piecewise said that there's been about 150-300 years since the start of the game, I don't quite remember exactly. So a whole lot of time has been lost jumping cumulatively, if not individually.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13694 on: March 07, 2015, 06:16:26 pm »

Long jumps, mind. I'm not sure about the short ones. Though you are right, 12-15 years for the Samsonite Abyss.

But I'm positive that piecewise said that there's been about 150-300 years since the start of the game, I don't quite remember exactly. So a whole lot of time has been lost jumping cumulatively, if not individually.
I seem to remember Steve saying he had a century of news to catch up on after an early jump. Obviously that was a lie because he wasn't with us, but yeah, a lot of time has passed.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 2205