Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493354 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13485 on: March 02, 2015, 01:46:21 pm »

I support Honest Nyars' Artifact Dealership, by the way. About time that guy got himself an actual store.
Every time I think of Nyars I get the picture of Crazy Earl from Borderlands in my head.

So far I picture Psycho from the same franchise.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13486 on: March 02, 2015, 01:50:59 pm »

Make the briefing room also be an observatory, with a glass dome (or holographic if it is easier/safer) that can be opened or closed to show the outside of the ship. To give us a sense of where we are and where we are going.

And an EVA room with small jetpacks/magnetic boots so that people can go outside without having to worry about flying off, so that they can more easily test weapons and equipment.

Maybe make a section that can open to the outside and is equipped with targets that we can fire. Extra points if you can use automanipulators to make a sort of one way forcefield so that we can fire weapons/use amps against enemy ships, like those ridiculous ships in star wars 2.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: March 02, 2015, 01:53:46 pm »

Also maybe make the hallways larger. Avatar sized even! So I can bowl over newbs fresh from the pods like a bipedal truck.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13488 on: March 02, 2015, 02:04:25 pm »

Also maybe make the hallways larger. Avatar sized even! So I can bowl over newbs fresh from the pods like a bipedal truck.

+1
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: March 02, 2015, 02:21:52 pm »

Give up and get your wheelchair already.

Amp-cloak myself in heat and amp-launch myself upwards as far as I can in an attempt to distract Eatermom.

What is well roasted and floats into mouth of alien fire elemental?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: March 02, 2015, 02:22:27 pm »

"Ah... MY ARMS!"

Commence sreaming and wallowing on the floor. Also, cry for help...
Inb4 snark from deciptated head.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: March 02, 2015, 02:25:38 pm »

I'm kind of tempted to amp-cloak myself in heat and amp-launch myself upwards as far as I can in an attempt to distract Eatermom. On the other hand, I kind of doubt it would work.

That sounds like it can only go wrong since it has a couple of the tried-and-true characteristics of a suicidal amp action.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: March 02, 2015, 02:27:44 pm »

Huh. I really should stop getting out of control of myself.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13493 on: March 02, 2015, 02:29:11 pm »

I'm kind of tempted to amp-cloak myself in heat and amp-launch myself upwards as far as I can in an attempt to distract Eatermom. On the other hand, I kind of doubt it would work.

That sounds like it can only go wrong since it has a couple of the tried-and-true characteristics of a suicidal amp action.

That might be because it is a suicidal amp action.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: March 02, 2015, 02:30:25 pm »

That might be because it is a suicidal amp action.

Maybe you'll wind up in orbit as the only survivor. If the aerodynamic stress doesn't take you apart or something.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13495 on: March 02, 2015, 02:35:10 pm »

While stranger things have happened - heck, they're still happening right at this moment - I don't think I would survive going moon rocket.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: March 02, 2015, 02:40:24 pm »

I think part of the problem is you have a narrow angle of sky where you can aim yourself; most variations of up are going to take you straight toward it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: March 02, 2015, 02:45:00 pm »

I think part of the problem is you have a narrow angle of sky where you can aim yourself; most variations of up are going to take you straight toward it.

Forty-five degrees for maximum distance?

Actually, that gives me an idea. A Tinker-made GTFO craft - a portable rocket you (and a friend, if you have any left alive) can use as a cheap source of delta-v in the event that a rapid getaway is required.

Maybe figure out how to use one of the miniature nukes for effective propulsion, even.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: March 02, 2015, 02:48:31 pm »

How about a memorial area?

And nice padded walls like a lunatic asylum :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: March 02, 2015, 02:57:06 pm »

How about a memorial area?

And nice padded walls like a lunatic asylum :P

So basically, padded coffins to lock up everybody?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 2205