Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493126 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #13395 on: February 27, 2015, 11:31:56 pm »

HEY!

I'm at least 85% nuts!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13396 on: February 28, 2015, 12:36:52 am »

HEY!

I'm at least 85% nuts!
Not after we jam you in the chapel for another week you won't be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13397 on: February 28, 2015, 12:38:37 am »

Sometimes I feel like I'm 85% nut.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13398 on: February 28, 2015, 12:43:05 am »

You should see a doctor about that.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13399 on: February 28, 2015, 12:48:50 am »

You shouldn't have out your testicles in the microwave then.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: February 28, 2015, 12:50:46 am »

For no particular reason, a thought occured to me regarding our dear piecewise.

Piecewise is Steve. He is a wetware artificial intelligence in a water cooled server tank somewhere under Alaska. That explains mysterious "council" to me - those are just new brains that are plugged into network, so now he can process a more complex system of the game.
It also explains his machine precision and extreme dedication to this game - it takes much more than a regular set of human capabilities to run a game this detailed and plot-heavy, while managing all the side-stuff players come up with. And to run it gor three years takes even more.
And this is friggin awesome. I, for instance, welcome our new robotic overlords.

This is but a theory, one of humorous type please don' send T-800 after me
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:54:30 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13401 on: February 28, 2015, 12:55:27 am »

*tranquilizes Comrade P*
Sssh sshhh shhh quiet sleep now.

no one must know
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: February 28, 2015, 01:06:22 am »

You shouldn't have out your testicles in the microwave then.
Eh, That's the problem with being a super hero these days. One accident and suddenly you're spooge-man.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: February 28, 2015, 01:21:05 am »

I wonder how the porcine god is going to react to my photonic boom?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13404 on: February 28, 2015, 01:29:25 am »

For no particular reason, a thought occured to me regarding our dear piecewise.

Piecewise is Steve. He is a wetware artificial intelligence in a water cooled server tank somewhere under Alaska. That explains mysterious "council" to me - those are just new brains that are plugged into network, so now he can process a more complex system of the game.
It also explains his machine precision and extreme dedication to this game - it takes much more than a regular set of human capabilities to run a game this detailed and plot-heavy, while managing all the side-stuff players come up with. And to run it gor three years takes even more.
And this is friggin awesome. I, for instance, welcome our new robotic overlords.

This is but a theory, one of humorous type please don' send T-800 after me

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: February 28, 2015, 01:30:28 am »

And I was just about to go to bed, too.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: February 28, 2015, 01:42:05 am »

Dear Lord he just arised Mufasa from the land of the dead in a new, wicked form. I should not have interfered with powers  way beyond mundane realm, which he obviously is.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:05:30 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: February 28, 2015, 02:17:54 am »

I don't know why you guys are freaking out over something as tiny as THAT. There aren't any flesh eating insects, uncanny figures, or clowns anywhere.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13408 on: February 28, 2015, 05:59:14 am »

When possible, I'd like to be a knight dude called Jack.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13409 on: February 28, 2015, 01:49:27 pm »

I've headed back into the dungeon. This time with Chief, May, Kyle and Kri. The mission this time is to explore the entire dungeon. Not an easy task considering its size. We're well provisioned, but I doubt food will be the problem.

The first several rooms are empty, and we have yet to face any real problem on the path between them. Kri seems to get nervous whenever the torch light wavers though, so we've been burning through the supply faster then we absolutely need to. Still, we've taken extra and found several along the way already. The chance that it will trouble us unduly is small.

The first problem we run into is a trap. Chief is injured, but not terribly. It's eerily quiet. We've scavenged several rooms and found not a soul. Scouting reveals a few battles along a side path. We'll steer clear of them for the moment, taking the main path instead.

The first fight comes from a room, rather then the hall. It's surprisingly easy, just the standard chaos brawler, chaos witch and some skeletons. Their skeletal arbalest does good damage to Kri, but for the most part we come out uninjured. Scouting of the remaining rooms shows nothing ahead but a single battle in the hall. This place is deserted! And at this rate I'm more worried about starvation then anything else. I should have brought more food. We're down to 5 pieces.

The final battle we get into involves Kri being hit by a crit thanks to those damn skeletal archers. She's on death's door but is saved by May's ability to heal exactly 1 hp. I end the assault there, completing the mission with the minimal amount of effort. Better that then go foolishly searching and die.

May levels up to resolve 2. He's proving useful. Kri, despite her face being a magnet for arrows, seems to be a good healer, never rolling below a 4 on her healing rolls. It's just luck, but luck isn't something that should be ignored.

Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 2205