Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490509 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12810 on: February 05, 2015, 12:38:51 am »

wait a minute... if Sean were to put a precooler on his telectric turbojet idea... would that result in a plasma sabre engine?
Not a question for this thread, I think. And I rather doubt it, a sabre is a very different beast. One that uses fuel, among other things.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12811 on: February 05, 2015, 12:48:38 am »

wait a minute... if Sean were to put a precooler on his telectric turbojet idea... would that result in a plasma sabre engine?
Not a question for this thread, I think. And I rather doubt it, a sabre is a very different beast. One that uses fuel, among other things.
i just dont wanna post in the heph ooc. i got banned from that planet. :P

i dont really see the differences though, instead of adding fuel to make fire your idea adds electricity to make plasma albiet with a lower compression ratio due to lack of precooler.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: February 05, 2015, 12:55:56 am »

I melted my heat gun saving our asses the previous night
What roll did that take, by the way? And who on our crew is good at that roll?
It was a handi/aux roll, and it was with my heat gun which I stole from the Stan mission. I think PW took pity on me as well because I only had a -1 and I sucked at both handi AND aux (although maybe it was an either/or situation, so either skill can work) I ended up with a perfect 5 because I rolled a 6. Basically I lucked the fuck out xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12813 on: February 05, 2015, 01:18:07 am »

i dont really see the differences though, instead of adding fuel to make fire your idea adds electricity to make plasma albiet with a lower compression ratio due to lack of precooler.
It can't fly on electricity alone in space. Or did you mean some other SABRE? The only one I know is the one that's the hybrid rocket/turboramjet SSTO spaceplane engine.

Other than that, as long as it has air to work with, I guess it could be?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: February 05, 2015, 01:36:45 am »

It can't fly on electricity alone in space. Or did you mean some other SABRE? The only one I know is the one that's the hybrid rocket/turboramjet SSTO spaceplane engine.

Other than that, as long as it has air to work with, I guess it could be?
Well if you include the ability to funnel a propellant into it for non-atmospheric flight then... sabre engine.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12815 on: February 05, 2015, 01:41:36 am »

Jetpack made out of Gauss Rifles.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: February 05, 2015, 01:43:20 am »

Jetpack made out of Gauss Rifles.
Ivan flashbacks
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: February 05, 2015, 01:43:50 am »

Sorta like the GSh-6-30 jetpack? :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: February 05, 2015, 01:45:20 am »

Sorta like the GSh-6-30 jetpack? :P
I had exactly that in mind, yes, lol. We should ask him to look at Sean's proto if only because we know we'll get funny pictures out of the deal.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: February 05, 2015, 04:03:38 am »

How is this not a thing yet. We are an organisation of convicts rebelling against society, why do we not have machine gun jetpacks?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12820 on: February 05, 2015, 04:11:19 am »

I suppose I could mention that the Plasma Stake weapon Anton designed is a first step towards creating a more powerful plasma-based rocket thruster. Solid dense material rod as fuel, gradually plasmarized and ejected out the back via magnetic array. A very big, very stupidly powerful MPD thruster.

Those Bluerad cells we may be getting in the near future are going to be a big help. If it's going to need refuelling anyway, might as well use compact expendable powersources as well.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: February 05, 2015, 04:15:03 am »

You mean like an eject-able fuel and power source array?
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: February 05, 2015, 04:23:41 am »

You mean like an eject-able fuel and power source array?
No. Well, basically, you're expending both the fuel and the powersource, like a really crazy take on the term "bipropellant".

What you do, is take the Jet Magnum Plasma Stake Anton made for battlesuits, take the gauss accelerator off, put a bigger block of fuel in, make it plasmarize slowly instead of all at once, and stick this on the output end:

Then use a Bluerad cell to feed crazy amounts of power into it. Pretty much never worry about delta-V in space again, the specific impulse on these is going to be insane by chemical rocket standards.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: February 05, 2015, 04:26:36 am »

Hmm, two questions, would that be safe(ish) to strap on your back, and could you shrink it down enough TO strap on you back, sorta as a replacement of the Mk-3's current rockets?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: February 05, 2015, 04:36:24 am »

Hmm, two questions, would that be safe(ish) to strap on your back, and could you shrink it down enough TO strap on you back, sorta as a replacement of the Mk-3's current rockets?
I rather severely doubt anything sized for a MkIII would survive the heating involved. Maybe with some of the fancier material or an automanip cooler. It'd work wonders for shuttles and maybe even battlesuits though.

As for safety - strapping one onto your back is much safer than standing anywhere behind the exhaust. Kzinti Lesson in full force here, except I'm kinda using it in reverse.

Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 2205