Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488113 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12555 on: January 28, 2015, 01:09:15 pm »

Yeah, it's pretty complex, but if PW says it's "the most OP thing I've ever made" then it's even stronger than I thought. Exciting!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12556 on: January 28, 2015, 01:15:02 pm »

If that cube is a space age perplexicon terminal then yes, it is OP as FUCK.

So.... that offer to buy it still on the table?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12557 on: January 28, 2015, 01:17:20 pm »

Don't know that I ever offered to sell it! I picked it up for the princely sum of two tokens.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12558 on: January 28, 2015, 01:19:29 pm »

Really?

I coulda sworn someone tried selling it to me around the time i bought the spiderdroid.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12559 on: January 28, 2015, 01:23:53 pm »

He might've tried pitching it to you before, but it ended up on the Player Market, I think (or was this right before the Market?)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12560 on: January 28, 2015, 01:26:23 pm »

Pssh, he'd be a fool to sell it now either way.

I wonder though, hapah, wouldn't it be easier if you did your experimenting in the thread? If nothin else, it'd allow other people to try and find patterns in the data you generate from testing.

Though, working through pm might be faster, and maybe allows you to continue testing while on mission. Oh well, your call either way, people can amuse themselves with the pill machine for a while anyway.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12561 on: January 28, 2015, 01:30:43 pm »

Nope memory error.
You offered to let me science it, you never explicitly offered to sell it.

I may be regretting not taking you up on that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12562 on: January 28, 2015, 01:37:46 pm »

That's some interesting Q&A I've missed.

Can the AM reproduce through binary fission? Can she grow and change if she wants to, or is her shape hardwired somehow?

EDIT: What was (is) her favorite form of baked good?
No.
Yes.
Bagel.

Hmm so xenospit is related to synthflesh somehow?

That... alters one of my pill theories a great deal...

31? And what are the glowy metal corks made out of?
Yours depends on the situation. And they're made of "Youcan'thavmium"

Why not do it subtly? Implant people with a Xanling that embeds itself into their body in an undetectable manner. Let it then affect their lovers and children through fluid exchange, sort of like an invisible STI. Then eventually, everyone will be afflicted, assimilate them all. So everyone is Xan, perhaps even without realizing it so that you can give them visions as 'God'. The Doctor probably won't even intervene, I mean, it isn't like you're going against it or anything.
You may find it hard to find vacant bodies around here.

I'm curious though, how could we have pissed them of? They seemed reasonable enough.

I'm guessing insulting them, spilling water, pulling a gun out during the roundtable discussion, something like that.  Violating a custom we weren't aware of.

As i understood it theres actually two types of dyson sphere.
Theres the sort of net-like one you are talking about thats made up of lots of sattelites.

Dyson Swarm.

What does the button on the bottom-left that keeps giving me error messages on the cube do? Or if it had a label, what would it be labeled?

"Do not push"

PW: Are there any copies of the Star Eater picture still around?  Would those effects be more pronounced now that the world is falling apart...er?
Well, the maker did take a picture of it right? Maybe thats still around somewhere.

Yeah, it's pretty complex, but if PW says it's "the most OP thing I've ever made" then it's even stronger than I thought. Exciting!
Thats the thing. It's extremely powerful but also very complex and relies on exact syntax. So it's like perplexicon if I refused a spell that didn't make grammatical sense.

Modular spell stuff is fun, eh? Maybe I should release project basilisk...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12563 on: January 28, 2015, 01:38:45 pm »

Though, working through pm might be faster, and maybe allows you to continue testing while on mission. Oh well, your call either way, people can amuse themselves with the pill machine for a while anyway.

You misspelled "abuse."

Modular spell stuff is fun, eh? Maybe I should release project basilisk...

In
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12564 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:05 pm »

Wasn't the picture into he armour which is kinda gone?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12565 on: January 28, 2015, 01:41:42 pm »

IIRC (should look but effort) he sent it to several people.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12566 on: January 28, 2015, 01:42:07 pm »

If i cant have the corks can i have the project basilisk invite?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12567 on: January 28, 2015, 01:42:37 pm »

Pssh, he'd be a fool to sell it now either way.

I wonder though, hapah, wouldn't it be easier if you did your experimenting in the thread? If nothin else, it'd allow other people to try and find patterns in the data you generate from testing.

You hit both points, yeah. I was hoping to get some value out of the cube before we went on mission, so I asked PW if I could PM in some combinations. This was back when we were still hanging out in plug.dj a lot, so I might get a request in every 10 minutes while we shot the breeze in there. No way it could go that fast in the thread.

Nope memory error.
You offered to let me science it, you never explicitly offered to sell it.

I may be regretting not taking you up on that.
That offer still stands for just about everyone, as far as I'm concerned. We can try to work out details and I can patch all known buttons into a different tab of the Deathcube Services sheet if anyone is interested.

What changed your mind, if you don't mind my asking?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12568 on: January 28, 2015, 01:45:21 pm »

I think I've got a question: how's Logos doing? Still chilling out down there? Oh, and any vagueries on my potion (3)?

You hit both points, yeah. I was hoping to get some value out of the cube before we went on mission, so I asked PW if I could PM in some combinations. This was back when we were still hanging out in plug.dj a lot, so I might get a request in every 10 minutes while we shot the breeze in there. No way it could go that fast in the thread.

Maybe we should start hanging out there again sometime, that was fun.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12569 on: January 28, 2015, 01:51:21 pm »

Perplexicon wIthdrawal.

God i loved the classic versions.

On a related note: can the deathcube summon motorcycles? I never did manage to do that in perplexicon.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:05:08 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 2205