Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494008 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12180 on: January 13, 2015, 09:31:26 pm »

It's a shame M18 can't ask Skylar to use the magic computer to delete the Eater of Cold. Also, couldn't M16 just use the computer to teleport the contents of vault and deposit boxes to a warehouse or something, then take what they needed along with extra stuff, and leave?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12181 on: January 13, 2015, 09:35:34 pm »

Or just the one deposit box they need.  If no theft is ever reported, it's unlikely to ever amount to anything.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12182 on: January 13, 2015, 09:43:04 pm »

The heat gun counts as an unconventional weapon right? Man I hope so, I don't like risking the gun blowing up in my face and my suit failing when I'm likely the closest one to the eater.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: January 13, 2015, 10:03:01 pm »

Pretty sure it's Con weapons.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12184 on: January 13, 2015, 11:29:29 pm »

Oh god, I have a 1 in 6 chance of a zero then ... Nvm I only have a 1 to fear
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:31:36 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12185 on: January 13, 2015, 11:56:32 pm »

It's a shame M18 can't ask Skylar to use the magic computer to delete the Eater of Cold. Also, couldn't M16 just use the computer to teleport the contents of vault and deposit boxes to a warehouse or something, then take what they needed along with extra stuff, and leave?
Or just the one deposit box they need.  If no theft is ever reported, it's unlikely to ever amount to anything.

You two say this as if it wasn't the first thing I tried  :P
The machine is somewhat restricted. It isn't a fully fledged universe editor (though it wouldn't surprise me if further R&D could make it one), it's abilities are correlated with the original intentions: wireless signal processing and decoding. My first 'victim' was a camera, which I was modifying via wireless signals.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12186 on: January 13, 2015, 11:59:32 pm »

You see, the reality bender seems to require wireless/radio connection first and something programmable. It electronics, circuits and such it can handle, but like pw said; brick doesn't have any code for you to modify. Can't teleport things out.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12187 on: January 14, 2015, 07:32:57 am »

Yeah, they weren't really advancing anymore, so pw had to give them something supernatural to keep things moving. Probably so this one mission doesn't hold up all the others.

Theoretically he could pull a mission failed due to running out of time..    :-[
Maybe they've already failed and he's just waiting to see how badly they've failed. That could be the case if, for example, the other building was UWM controlled and the UWM operatives inside know about the data there. So they go there, open the security deposit box and it's empty or has a bomb in it.

It would be very funny though if the UWM had the same method of extracting the data: robbing the bank. So our guys go in, start stealthily incapacitating guards, when suddenly, there's an explosion on the other side of the bank and some unknown guys in high tech gear start blowing things up, beating civilians to death and being all HMRC-like as they try to reach the safety deposit box. It would be a fun inversion. Now our guys are competent but few and under-equipped and their guys are suddenly numerous, incompetent and armed to the teeth.

EDIT: Or maybe it was a trap all along, meant to lure them in and by waiting so long the guys waiting to ambush them eventually got bored and left, leaving nothing there. Well, nothing except a lot of money. Our spec-ops team needs a retirement fund for the one or two that manage to survive.

You see, the reality bender seems to require wireless/radio connection first and something programmable. It electronics, circuits and such it can handle, but like pw said; brick doesn't have any code for you to modify. Can't teleport things out.
Ah, but here's a thing: if it can delete, then why not create? I'm a bit surprised nobody thought of that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:35:21 am by Parisbre56 »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12188 on: January 14, 2015, 07:57:45 am »

EDIT: Or maybe it was a trap all along, meant to lure them in and by waiting so long the guys waiting to ambush them eventually got bored and left, leaving nothing there. Well, nothing except a lot of money. Our spec-ops team needs a retirement fund for the one or two that manage to survive.

Mission 19: Rescue Black-ops.

Ah, but here's a thing: if it can delete, then why not create? I'm a bit surprised nobody thought of that.

It's simple: camera was deleted by deleting a line of code. Simple logic reverses it to this: to create object you need add a line of code. Now question is: where you do add the code?
It still just wireless/radio signal detector/decrypter like Kri said. It can delete things, modify things but I don't believe it can create anything.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12189 on: January 14, 2015, 07:59:16 am »

Now question is: where you do add the code?

At random until desired result.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12190 on: January 14, 2015, 08:02:09 am »

That's just going to lead to a computer generated STAN that way.
Note that I'm not totally against that.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12191 on: January 14, 2015, 08:17:26 am »

The rods have nothing to do with the current situation. They were always here, part of the security and containment measures of the R&D section.

I must have missed something, somewhere. Can someone bring me up to date as to what these "rods" are?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12192 on: January 14, 2015, 08:32:57 am »

They are plot devices that project plot effects that prevent other plot devices from projecting plot effects that are harmful to the plot location that houses the plots main character.

Simples.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12193 on: January 14, 2015, 09:54:12 am »

The rods have nothing to do with the current situation. They were always here, part of the security and containment measures of the R&D section.

I must have missed something, somewhere. Can someone bring me up to date as to what these "rods" are?
I think a scientist said they prevent weird space distortions or something. A way to protect the ship and the R&D from the effects of space altering artifacts. I'm going from memory here, so I might be wrong, someone might want to search for a quote. It's the reason one guy has Technicolor arms.

If you want to break in either break the door, hack the door's control panel or somehow use a scientist or part of a scientist or a scientist's equipment to enter. Or maybe you can go around and break in through the tron world. Or maybe you can use a digitized object: if the guy is a scientist and the tron world was created by his memories then the memory of that door should be there. Or you could try the hangar, it was depressurized, which means it might be open to real space or a world different than the tron world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12194 on: January 14, 2015, 05:11:03 pm »

Whelp, everything in the HMRC tends to get solved when you apply enough brute force. Bombs away
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 2205