Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493125 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #11970 on: December 24, 2014, 09:25:43 pm »

One mutation from the generator. From a breach in the Sword's Artifact & Radiation Containment Systems.

It might be a present!
:P

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11971 on: December 25, 2014, 04:10:17 am »

One non-genealtering non-malicious potion from the generator. The ERverse is big, spess magick is vast, varying natural effects even more so... Basically, something potentially nice and useful, potentially totally useless, that keeps up the tradition of actually semi-nice presents for ERmas, as set by the last such event - it provides stark contrast to the whole setting and, in my opinion, thus makes it slightly more believable, slightly more immersive, that in such generally desperate and uncaring times the (former) convicts would still hold nice, warm, cozy celebrations. Rarely, without any idea of the holiday's origins, mainly as a quirk of Steve, but nonetheless.

Oh, and we totally ought to invite the ship's crew over to the party :P
Happy Holidays, indeed!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11972 on: December 25, 2014, 06:22:48 am »

The happiest of holidays to all!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: December 25, 2014, 06:38:24 am »

Hey guys, I just found out where Cam eyes came from!
(Warning, it does get a bit gory at some points, so... Squeamish warning.)Here!
It's a bit off in the way that he can see horrible monstrosities, but still, he even has the solid black eyes that cam eyes do!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11974 on: December 25, 2014, 06:43:54 am »

Ah, good ol' Franken Fran. I had forgotten her altogether. And she shares so many common features with our Doc, such as desire for insane experiments.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11975 on: December 25, 2014, 06:49:59 am »

Apart from that fact that she's entirely dedicated to helping people (no quotation marks because that's actually what she tries to do) it's just that since she is kinda in an unknown part of medical science plus the fact that she cannot allow someone to die, no matter the cost, leads to some interesting things.
Can't deny that she's the best at what she does though.
Also wow one book later and she's created hyper intelligent cockroaches.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: December 25, 2014, 10:19:59 pm »

Merry Christmas everyone! =D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: December 26, 2014, 12:52:37 am »

MERRY CHRISTMAS! What are the effects of dual wielding gauss rifles, and how difficult would it be to have my razors turned into axes?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: December 26, 2014, 01:47:47 am »

MERRY CHRISTMAS! What are the effects of dual wielding gauss rifles, and how difficult would it be to have my razors turned into axes?
Milno have a habit of dual wielding gauss rifles and even triple wielding them so it is doable. There is some kind roll penalty for it bu I can't remember details.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: December 27, 2014, 11:51:31 pm »

There's now a dedicated page for the ER Christmas-2014 Potion Roulette event on the wiki. Hopefully it'll help us discern and predict the potion effects later.
I think it might be even worth it making a dedicated page for every Christmas roulette event plus a general one, describing all of them. You know, for the sake of history and future ER players convenience. Ten years from now, they'll be really grateful!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: December 28, 2014, 02:03:04 am »

There's now a dedicated page for the ER Christmas-2014 Potion Roulette event on the wiki. Hopefully it'll help us discern and predict the potion effects later.
I think it might be even worth it making a dedicated page for every Christmas roulette event plus a general one, describing all of them. You know, for the sake of history and future ER players convenience. Ten years from now, they'll be really grateful!
I don't think it is possible to predict effects of the potions, most likely they came directly from pw's generator, slightly filtered towards non-harmful effects.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: December 28, 2014, 09:55:07 am »

Somehow, I feel it cheap and uninteresting that in all that amount of descriptions he provided there are no clues to what the effects might be, it's just not like Piecewise. Misleading, staggering us with the amount of information to process (most of which is likely rubbish) - yeah, but giving us all those descriptions for our choice not to matter at all - he could have as well described the potions we picked afterwards, so it'd be a pure roulette like the last time.
Furthermore, I do not know how the generator itself works under the hood, but knowing out GM he might have changed it slightly, making the description-effect correlation possible (or, if already possible, altering it).

Oh, and regardless of analysing them, I think that later it might be fun to read how potion-drinking fared, and what hilarious effects the potions produced.
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11982 on: December 28, 2014, 04:54:16 pm »

Somehow, I feel it cheap and uninteresting that in all that amount of descriptions he provided there are no clues to what the effects might be, it's just not like Piecewise. Misleading, staggering us with the amount of information to process (most of which is likely rubbish) - yeah, but giving us all those descriptions for our choice not to matter at all - he could have as well described the potions we picked afterwards, so it'd be a pure roulette like the last time.
Furthermore, I do not know how the generator itself works under the hood, but knowing out GM he might have changed it slightly, making the description-effect correlation possible (or, if already possible, altering it).

Oh, and regardless of analysing them, I think that later it might be fun to read how potion-drinking fared, and what hilarious effects the potions produced.
There's no hard correlation between any particular look or trait and a particular effect. It's not like the Nyars  artifacts where they have specific meanings from which you can deduce things.

However, I will say that, because of how it works, the description of the bottle and fluid, especially any particularly special or outstanding things, can have an effect on what the potion does or how it works.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11983 on: December 29, 2014, 01:38:07 am »

So say, the one that smell like death or decay might be more likely to have negative effects? And the words some have printed on them probably mean something?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: December 29, 2014, 01:39:38 am »

I got the bacon potion, so I think I'm set.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 2205