Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490496 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #11790 on: December 16, 2014, 02:27:17 am »

Honestly I actually was considering having Jim walk up to the Armory Master, call her a stupid bitch, and then ask her what she's going to do about it with the warning that if she doesn't kill him first she's dead. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: December 16, 2014, 02:35:50 am »

Well, you could just get PW to say 'oh yhea he went on Seeeeecret missions alone because of reasons' and then just forget about him, or just later say 'Oh yhea he died'.
A bit more eloquent than that but you get the general idea.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: December 16, 2014, 02:49:10 am »

Honestly I actually was considering having Jim walk up to the Armory Master, call her a stupid bitch, and then ask her what she's going to do about it with the warning that if she doesn't kill him first she's dead. :P
doitdoitdoit
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: December 16, 2014, 02:52:25 am »

@E/D: Nah. Permadead, no wiggle room. It's the only way.
@Xan: I really might. If Jim can actually kill the AM that would be hilarious. I'll allow that he'll be more eloquent than what I said because he does have reasons to dislike her, but that'll be the gist of it. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: December 16, 2014, 02:56:42 am »

Sean would likely turn him into a brony
Now that's just not fair. :c
I resemble that remark!

:P
(seriously though, no matter how bad a roleplayer I am, I suspect I have at least a iota of self-control in that respect >_>)
and both Sean and Pyro would suffer from the fact they have no idea how to play 'stupid'.
It would be more accurate to say I don't know how to "play", at all. I'd need a comprehensive sheet of detailed descriptions of all character traits before I'd be able to do so much as a "passable" job of impersonating another character. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: December 16, 2014, 03:06:33 am »

I know, I was just making a joke (admittedly at your expense) to try and show that while I do want to quit, I'm not exactly bitter at any/everyone.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11796 on: December 16, 2014, 03:19:50 am »

Now, here's a question I have.

Are you dead set on killing yourself because you don't have the time or desire to post anymore, or just because you've gotten sick of this character? Do you want to move on to something else or just trying to get out of here?

Regardless, here's the question that really matters.

>Do you want to die?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: December 16, 2014, 03:42:13 am »

Both ER to some extent and the character. Early this year, ER started moving way too fast for me to keep up. Recently it's slowed down, but I just don't have the time to catch up and figure out who anyone is anymore. I'm not really a fan of the revolution storyline we have now, or the chain of command and the idea of generals and so forth. The other is that yeah, I'm tired of Jim. I'm tired of everyone treating him like a big deal both IC and OOC when that was never really my intention (I figured ER would only last a few months at most when I first joined and didn't think he would last even half as long as the game, so I've been stuck dealing with a blank slate of a character for years, literally, despite my attempts to try to make him interesting to play :P). Most people he's interacted with are gone/busy except for Mesk, and their conversations are mostly limited to injury jokes. I'm tired of being responsible for making sure people play nice on the Sword, and I'm tired of Jim being used as a threat (although that was mostly GWG doing that).

If I'm stuck with him I swear I'm killing the Armory Master, loading up with more guns than the Punisher, and re-enacting the trailer for Hatred on the crew (including ARM members) of the Paracelsus Sword.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11798 on: December 16, 2014, 03:50:43 am »

Both ER to some extent and the character. Early this year, ER started moving way too fast for me to keep up. Recently it's slowed down, but I just don't have the time to catch up and figure out who anyone is anymore. I'm not really a fan of the revolution storyline we have now, or the chain of command and the idea of generals and so forth. The other is that yeah, I'm tired of Jim. I'm tired of everyone treating him like a big deal both IC and OOC when that was never really my intention (I figured ER would only last a few months at most when I first joined and didn't think he would last even half as long as the game, so I've been stuck dealing with a blank slate of a character for years, literally, despite my attempts to try to make him interesting to play :P). Most people he's interacted with are gone/busy except for Mesk, and their conversations are mostly limited to injury jokes. I'm tired of being responsible for making sure people play nice on the Sword, and I'm tired of Jim being used as a threat (although that was mostly GWG doing that).

If I'm stuck with him I swear I'm killing the Armory Master, loading up with more guns than the Punisher, and re-enacting the trailer for Hatred on the crew (including ARM members) of the Paracelsus Sword.
You're gonna get banned on steam with that kind of attitude~

Anyways, as I said before, all you have to do is answer yes and this can all be over.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: December 16, 2014, 03:51:36 am »

Yes? :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: December 16, 2014, 03:53:00 am »

I can see your reasoning SC. But letting others play Jim for you also solves all those problems, while letting other people have some fun they otherwise couldn't have.

So, the question boils down to what you find more important: making sure a character you don't care about anymore never goes out of character (despite suddenly going suicidal for no reason), or letting other players have some fun with him.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: December 16, 2014, 03:54:14 am »

Radio confirmed for never paying attention to my arguments, since every single time this has been brought up I've said the former. Just let it go. The character sucks, and honestly you're bugging the hell out of me by repeatedly needling me over my wanting to quit.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: December 16, 2014, 03:55:17 am »

Radio confirmed for never paying attention to my arguments, since every single time this has been brought up I've said the former.

People can change, so I was hoping the answer would have changed as well. Guess not.

But sure, if that's your final decision, then so be it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:57:41 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: December 16, 2014, 03:59:11 am »

...Not even less than an hour ago I was still holding that position. Did you honestly think that you asking me that, when you know I've wanted to drop this pretty much all year and the only reason I haven't is because I don't want Jim around at all anymore before I do, would change my mind? Or were you just trying to annoy me one last time?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: December 16, 2014, 04:02:22 am »

Ohhhh conversation is getting a bit cold in here so let's just change the subject a bit.
Hey PW can I has Avatar Of War?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 2205