Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487640 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #11535 on: December 01, 2014, 03:36:29 pm »

I like how my sticky goop has been used to forcefully contain teammates far more often than any hostiles. Almost as if it searches out allies to annoy. I am best weapon designer.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11536 on: December 01, 2014, 03:37:53 pm »

I like how my sticky goop has been used to forcefully contain teammates far more often than any hostiles. Almost as if it searches out allies to annoy. I am best weapon designer.
The mark of a good ER weapon designer- their weapons are used more on teammates than enemies.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11537 on: December 01, 2014, 03:40:50 pm »

The mark of a good ER weapon designer- their weapons are used more on teammates than enemies.

You sure you want to say that with me around? All of mine so far have been lethal (also, note to self - make goop grenade for the Brisant, preferably before it goes out to the armory, if the Council approves), and my current role isn't accidental.

Also, I don't think any of mine have ever been fired at teammates.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11538 on: December 01, 2014, 03:47:48 pm »

My action has been skipped again. A mere mistake? Or a sign that I shouldn't continue down the rabbit hole?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11539 on: December 01, 2014, 03:49:23 pm »

Unless you consider the Heph defensive arty as yours, in which case your record becomes rather poor.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11540 on: December 01, 2014, 03:55:56 pm »

Unless you consider the Heph defensive arty as yours, in which case your record becomes rather poor.

I think I commissioned that...

Sweet Jezus I am friendly fire incarnated.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11541 on: December 01, 2014, 03:59:50 pm »

Correction, things you create are friendly fire incarnate.
I think Stacy and I share the title belt for accidentally the whole team in person.

I am become error.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11542 on: December 01, 2014, 04:22:41 pm »

Correction, things you create are friendly fire incarnate.
I think Stacy and I share the title belt for accidentally the whole team in person.

I am become error.

I stand corrected.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11543 on: December 01, 2014, 04:50:07 pm »

*puts on devil horns*
Hey, Unholy, your auxiliary hardpoint doesn't require you to use your hands, right? So doesn't that mean you can use it even when gooped for, say, for example, killing and eating things?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11544 on: December 01, 2014, 05:13:57 pm »

Dammit man stop giving away my secrets... if you say things like that i cant surprise him with it.

I was actually considering using it to cut my way free... but i dont wanna aggravate the squid police.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11545 on: December 01, 2014, 05:17:37 pm »

Dammit man stop giving away my secrets... if you say things like that i cant surprise him with it.

I was actually considering using it to cut my way free... but i dont wanna aggravate the squid police.
And yet you actively aggravate your teammates, who are probably more dangerous.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11546 on: December 01, 2014, 05:20:07 pm »

but i dont wanna aggravate the squid police.
"IT'S MINE I TELL YOU! YOU CANT HAVE IT! GET YOUR GUN OUTTA MY FACE OR IM GONNA MURDER AND EAT YOU WHEN I GET FREE!"
Aoogah! Aoogah! Aoogah!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11547 on: December 01, 2014, 05:37:56 pm »

And yet you actively aggravate your teammates, who are probably more dangerous.
I know exactly how damgerous my teammates are, but this squid handled me effortlessly and didnt even break its stride or pull out a weapon... until i know exactly how dangerous it is im not gonna actively aggravate it.

Unless you count murdering dorsidwarf as an act of aggravation, in which case i may actively aggravate it... depends on him targetting his word cannon elsewhere.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:40:50 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11548 on: December 02, 2014, 07:17:10 am »

I shot Grate with the Sibilus. But that was after he got his quantum life powers.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11549 on: December 02, 2014, 08:06:41 am »

I just had a thought from the robobody discussion a while back. It's probably less than desirable, but I feel I should relay it here for posterity:

How about making stats impossible to level up across the board? As in, the stats you start with, you continue with for the foreseeable future. You get more stat points to begin with, but you can't really upgrade them through regular methods. Instead, you have genemods, robomods, synthflesh bodies, exoskeletons and that kind of stuff acting as the respective stat increases. It'd make stats very distinctive from skills, which they really aren't in the present system, and normalize power levels a bit at that.

This would obviously be a bit of a far-reaching change, and I doubt it might get implemented, but I do find it a little interesting to consider. Any thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 2205