Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490395 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #11205 on: November 20, 2014, 02:53:18 am »

But that's relying on GM to not be malicious. That's like ... like relying on the GM not to be malicious.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: November 20, 2014, 02:57:32 am »

But that's relying on GM to not be malicious. That's like ... like relying on the GM not to be malicious.
It's Jim. It'll be fine. Doesn't he have a perfect decomp?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: November 20, 2014, 03:02:30 am »

Either way, this'll be a fun turn.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: November 20, 2014, 03:03:10 am »

Decomps work on overloads... this is an ERROR...

Shit will likely go down...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: November 20, 2014, 04:03:55 am »

Jim has like +3 with ExoWep, 40 Willpower, and the perfect decomp; hell, while I was testing my amps in the VR Piecewise said something like 'Jim doesn't have to try to do things with his amps, he just does them'. That site is GONE.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: November 20, 2014, 04:16:17 am »

+2 1/3, actually.
And yeah it is gone. One way or another.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: November 20, 2014, 05:58:35 am »

Jim has like +3 with ExoWep, 40 Willpower, and the perfect decomp; hell, while I was testing my amps in the VR Piecewise said something like 'Jim doesn't have to try to do things with his amps, he just does them'. That site is GONE.

You action is very vague. And we don't have the slightest clue as to how big the base is, how deep it runs, nothing. So at the very least wait until we know more, and maybe try to coordinate with the rest.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: November 20, 2014, 06:05:04 am »

You action is very vague. And we don't have the slightest clue as to how big the base is, how deep it runs, nothing. So at the very least wait until we know more, and maybe try to coordinate with the rest.
Plus, I'm betting that PW could easily take that statement for 'Purposely overload my Amp' and give you a one way ticket to new characters vill.

On an unrelated note, has anyone actually done much testing with the kinetic shunt?
Because it actually seems very versatile in multiple situations.
Edit: Herp Derp I'm an idiot, I (somehow) believed the kinetic shunt was kind of like a full body suit that had little pressure 'vents' or whatever you would like to call it but nope, just a manip.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:10:22 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11213 on: November 20, 2014, 08:18:10 am »

About kinetic shunt: I think someone (either Feyri or Faith, can't remember now) fought with the AM in the VR and the AM was using a Kinetic Shunt, which actually is something like a suit. Whenever you hit it, the other gets an Unconventional roll and can redirect that energy out of their body however they want.

About Jim's action: I say let him do it. It's the classic HMRC space magic action. If it works, it would be both quite impressive, funny and it would further our agenda. And if it doesn't I am thankfully inside a flying tank.

About the video: There's a guy (who claims to be a physicist) that sells those new age/conspiracy books through a TV show. I sometimes watch it because of the hilariousness (for example, he said the CERN experiment stopped because a giant with 100 arms and a funny name went in and destroyed it and that CERN doesn't exist anymore). It was a bit scary though to see that stuff and realise that I know most of them. My mind is filled with worthless information.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: November 20, 2014, 09:32:16 am »

for example, he said the CERN experiment stopped because a giant with 100 arms and a funny name went in and destroyed it and that CERN doesn't exist anymore
Hekatonheires are free! Run for your lives, people!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: November 20, 2014, 11:08:42 am »

Radio. I literally cannot overload my amp. Perfect decomp. And piecewise would obviously know what I mean by the dam incident; it's only one of the most famous missions in the game, where the mission was circumvented due to the building in question being more or less melted. But fine, I guess no fun allowed.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: November 20, 2014, 11:24:59 am »

Radio. I literally cannot overload my amp. Perfect decomp. And piecewise would obviously know what I mean by the dam incident; it's only one of the most famous missions in the game, where the mission was circumvented due to the building in question being more or less melted. But fine, I guess no fun allowed.

You cannot overload on accident, true. However, you could still, say, tax yourself to the point of failure. Because by your logic, Jim could push a planet out of its orbit with his amp and not be harmed. Besides, I'm not saying you can't try to do some good damage with your amp, but at the very least wait till we see what we're up against, and make sure everybody attacks together (for once we can choose when and how to engage, so let's make sure we've got a powerful alpha strike).

Besides, if you level the thing in a single turn, none of the others get to do anything. Is that maximization of fun?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:42:40 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: November 20, 2014, 11:37:33 am »

I think you can intentionally overload your amp, regardless the decomp. You'll just roll for success of overload. And as pw stated it: you don't attempt crap.
Besides since the Sunrise was accidental overload some people thought you were going for suicide...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:39:23 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: November 20, 2014, 11:50:48 am »

Oh, damn it all, now SC's crossed out the action. I was saying nothing so as to not jinx it, but it seems to have not worked out anyway.

That was the quintessential ER hazardous course of action he was about to do, I think. Wanton space magicking, suicidal overconfidence, willful ignorance, barbaric brutality, perilous vagueness, reckless endangerment of teammates and massive property damage, this one had it all. If piecewise had taken the bait, it could have been beautiful, I'm sure.

Might have needed to replace most of the ARM's command staff afterward, of course, but to me that makes it even more worth it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11219 on: November 20, 2014, 11:54:06 am »

Yeah, he could have done it!  Lars has a MkIII so bailing out of that shuttle quick, fast, and in a hurry would have been okay.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 2205