Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491156 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10950 on: November 12, 2014, 10:00:10 am »

I know that I've not been all that great in responding to things in a timely manner, but PW, Radio, and I all worked out that you can't just do that, and I really don't like that you're taking advantage of PW by subverting that (since PW probably doesn't even remember that particular PM chain).

I understand that you dislike that, but what am I supposed to do?  The alternatives to asking you are either not asking you, but still doing it, which is worse in character, and just not doing anything aside from tinker, which would be a terrible idea.  Nothing would get done.

And you aren't the only person complaining.  Lots of people have been annoyed with all Hephaestus personnel, which right now basically just means Sean and I, for not getting enough stuff done.  Personally, I agree with their worries more than yours.

Now, I should be getting better at responding to things now that classes are beginning to end (you are correct that education is the reason - college). Will I be as prolific as I was during the summer, probably not, but I should be better. It would help if you didn't make massive, multi-part actions (and Saint therefore acted like a normal person than a squirrel on methamphetamine).))

If the meth squirrel actions are trouble for you to parse, I can put more effort into setting the bits you need to answer apart.  That isn't an issue for me.  I'm not gonna stop the meth squirrel actions though, because PW has said volume isn't a big problem, and I feel like nothing gets done otherwise.

Unrelated, do you mind if I ask how many classes you're taking?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10951 on: November 12, 2014, 10:26:41 am »

Ave, Piecewise, those who seek horrible and hilarious death salute you!
Are we anytime soon to witness any of those... demonic creatures? In any game of yours?
Once I get it finished and add in all my own stuff that I plan to, I'll certainly use it, if for nothing else then inspiration. I used it in the Limbo game, with a generator setup I created specifically for that game, and it seems to be creating some neat things. I don't want to lean on it too heavily, but I'm definitely gonna use it.

Once I finish the vanilla system, Then I can start adding to it and creating stuff of my own. Tee hee.
Laughter inserted. So, this isn't the system you used in the Limbo game, is it?
Partially it is, as I said, but not that specific one. The thing has a huge library of choices to select amongst, so you can really direct things in interesting ways by narrowing or widening selection ranges. The monster you're fighting this time is the result of a prototype version of a generalized mythical creature generator, but I intend to make them better, following that world's mythology, for the final game, should it get to that.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: November 12, 2014, 10:34:58 am »

If the rock thing had something to do with history, maybe it was a bad idea because that rock has likely been around for at the very least, tens of millions of years?  That's a loooota history.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: November 12, 2014, 11:10:58 am »

I begin to feel that Piecewise might be tooling up for an ultimate game of DnD. Ultimate magic system - check, ultimate bestiary - check, ultimate character attributes/damage system - check (currently tested in Limbo, afaik), ultimate poisoning/alchemy/crafting system - check...
At this point, it only needs what - new ultimate dungeon/quest generating system? Ultimate NPC creator? Ultimate weapon/equipment system?
And then all such a game would inevitably need suitably cunning, outstandingly smart and simply epic players. People who could lead their characters through hell and high water, survive and out-think Piecewise at his worst, make living (sometimes undead) legends out of their characters. Characters that survived ten missions of Einsteinian Roulette...
It all makes sense now.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: November 12, 2014, 11:21:16 am »

I begin to feel that Piecewise might be tooling up for an ultimate game of DnD. Ultimate magic system - check, ultimate bestiary - check, ultimate character attributes/damage system - check (currently tested in Limbo, afaik), ultimate poisoning/alchemy/crafting system - check...
At this point, it only needs what - new ultimate dungeon/quest generating system? Ultimate NPC creator? Ultimate weapon/equipment system?
And then all such a game would inevitably need suitably cunning, outstandingly smart and simply epic players. People who could lead their characters through hell and high water, survive and out-think Piecewise at his worst, make living (sometimes undead) legends out of their characters. Characters that survived ten missions of Einsteinian Roulette...
It all makes sense now.
Welp, let's hope you survive the assassins that PW must send now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10955 on: November 12, 2014, 11:26:14 am »

Alright, who bet on "Space magic shenannigans" for the "Reason everyone on ship dies" pool?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: November 12, 2014, 11:27:22 am »

I'm pretty glad that I bought and equipped my MK3 now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: November 12, 2014, 11:28:43 am »

Let me get my broom.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10958 on: November 12, 2014, 11:30:27 am »

It all makes sense now.
And then once we have play-tested and helped fine tune it, piecewise makes a company that sells rulebooks and mission books and lego-like modular figurines for the system and makes loads and loads of money.

Alright, who bet on "Space magic shenannigans" for the "Reason everyone on ship dies" pool?
Isn't space magic shenanigans 70% of the reason people die, with poor decisions making up the other 90%?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: November 12, 2014, 11:30:54 am »

So, is pufferfish about break the record for most characters created in the shortest amount of time?:P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: November 12, 2014, 11:31:29 am »

I'm certainly not going to die if my Mk3 has anything to say about it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: November 12, 2014, 11:33:06 am »

It all makes sense now.
And then once we have play-tested and helped fine tune it, piecewise makes a company that sells rulebooks and mission books and lego-like modular figurines for the system and makes loads and loads of money.

* Toaster throws money at the screen

Isn't space magic shenanigans 70% of the reason people die, with poor decisions making up the other 90%?

I see you've accounted for the large overlap in those two areas.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: November 12, 2014, 11:33:51 am »

Figurines of various people and things from ER would be epic.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: November 12, 2014, 11:35:51 am »

The Xan figurine is made out of modeling clay.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10964 on: November 12, 2014, 11:37:36 am »

((Bro tip:  If you're in the "chance to respond" group, the correct move is to run.))
I'd say hide behind a teammate. Because whatever happens, it'll have to get through them to get to you.
Or better yet, hide behind the sheep and hope that it is not immaterial and that it has either plot armour or eldritch abomination anti-space-magic armour.
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 2205