Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491261 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10860 on: November 09, 2014, 11:02:01 pm »

Any guesses as to how M18 is going to break? Or do you think we'll complete the mission with minimal screw-ups?

Oh I totally already broke it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: November 10, 2014, 01:33:59 am »

Lars looked at the representative in the eye.  "Well then, I suppose it's time for you decide if you want to cast off your yoke or remain under the thumb of the UWM.  If you wish to merely pretend to reject us so that a call is not sent out, our group can... ensure that no message goes out at all."

Diplomancy.

You could probably pull a decent ruse with the shuttle flying back to the Sword before it breaks orbit and starts leaving, while you get the drop on the UWM comms array and command center. If they use QEC to call for help, you probably can't jam it, and an orbital strike is likely to be detected soon enough that a message can still be sent, even if it destroys the entire UWM installation in one blow.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nunzillor

« Reply #10862 on: November 10, 2014, 03:08:44 am »

Any guesses as to how M18 is going to break? Or do you think we'll complete the mission with minimal screw-ups?

We are all doomed.

Well, that may be a little heavy, but things could have gone better.  And if past performance is an indicator of future failure, we have a problem.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:10:37 am by Nunzillor »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: November 10, 2014, 09:21:33 am »

You could probably pull a decent ruse with the shuttle flying back to the Sword before it breaks orbit and starts leaving, while you get the drop on the UWM comms array and command center. If they use QEC to call for help, you probably can't jam it, and an orbital strike is likely to be detected soon enough that a message can still be sent, even if it destroys the entire UWM installation in one blow.

I can't see an orbital strike as being a good idea in any way.  We're supposed to be a scalpel, not a sledgehammer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: November 10, 2014, 09:31:00 am »

I can't see an orbital strike as being a good idea in any way.  We're supposed to be a scalpel, not a sledgehammer.
I've only read up to part way through mission 8, but my impression so far is that calling the HMRC a sledgehammer would be generous.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: November 10, 2014, 01:04:06 pm »

Probably more like a kinetic amp tipped, rocket powered  sledgehammer shot out of the Hammer of Hephaestus.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: November 10, 2014, 01:11:02 pm »

Probably more like a kinetic amp tipped, rocket powered  sledgehammer shot out of the Hammer of Hephaestus.
Someone make one of those. We can equip entire squads with them.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10867 on: November 10, 2014, 01:21:09 pm »

Someone make one of those. We can equip entire squads with them.
When you say "equip" you mean "hit", right?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: November 10, 2014, 01:22:44 pm »

Nope, we send squads in with them and have them throw them at people. They could explode when picked up by people who aren't registered. Call them hammers of Thor.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: November 10, 2014, 02:23:56 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
skinned snake pushing a peeled watermelon

I'm gonna require a reference for that.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: November 10, 2014, 02:39:15 pm »

Alright, so since everything on the ship is being replaced with walls, I think the solution is to figure out which wall is the fourth one, and then break it down.  Sound good?
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10871 on: November 10, 2014, 02:49:32 pm »

You clearly need to embrace your inner brick and become a wall.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: November 10, 2014, 02:53:50 pm »

That sounds like it'll involve entirely unnecessary education.

Then again, if the people on ship have their meat as directed, maybe the pig will kindly provide them with some of its hidden pudding?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: November 10, 2014, 03:17:31 pm »

The pudding is all over the walls, but no one have bothered to taste it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: November 10, 2014, 03:39:25 pm »

How cheap do the guys on Heph think they could make a laser rifle with a generator and a scope? Say 1 token for the rifle without battery, 2 for generator and capacitors, 1 for scope? Might be able to add a bit to the medium/long aim of it and still be at a newby friendly price. Maybe change the power level knob to a percentile one, for fine grain control.

I don't know how cheap scopes are, or how much more expensive an IR one would be, but even without one it'd be a nice little general purpose weapon/tool at about 3-4 tokens. No ammo hassles, lots of versatility, cheap enough for newbs or sobs.

Are these sorts of costings close?
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 2205