Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488124 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10710 on: November 05, 2014, 08:50:10 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10712 on: November 05, 2014, 11:47:36 am »

(He he he... he... oh dear

Out of curiosity why would that be so terrible? I'm not all filled in on lore.)
Steve is the Gangster Computer God that was responsible for humanity's survival and eventual victory in the Altered Wars and helped make many of humanity's successes possible (or so he claims). He is supposed to be a very good administrator, capable of handling the governance of an interstellar empire's military and espionage operations far better than a human government could. He had control of much of UWM's infrastructure and was able to sabotage it, which is part of the reason we haven't lost the war yet. Plus, he has lived long enough and has access to enough information sources to have an incredible wealth of knowledge. He is our greatest asset in this war. If our enemies in the UWM were to get a similar system (which I will refer to as Stephanie) or if something were to happen to him then our greatest advantage would be rendered null.

Even worse, AIs can make a "battle of the minds" and sort of assimilate each other. And since almost our entire rebellion is directly connected to Steve, were part of him (or worse all of him) assimilated by her somehow, it would mean that our enemy would gain a great amount of knowledge about us and the ability to more easily disrupt our operations. On the other hand, if we were to gain knowledge of the existence of a hypothetical Stephanie and successfully manage to launch a covert mission against her, then perhaps Steve would be able to assimilate her and thus covertly gain control over our enemy's assets.

And assuming Steve is saying the truth (that he is still following his original directives) and this war is for the survival and betterment of mankind (Steve basically told us that humanity kinda failed after the Altered Wars and there was nothing much he could do about it except plan and prepare this rebellion through HMRC so he can wipe the slate clean by destroying the old government through war and creating a better one), then Stephanie wouldn't help humanity get better as much as Steve, because she'd probably be shut down as soon as she completed her objectives, out of fear that she'll end up like Steve.

Irrelevant, but even if we loose this war we'll be helping mankind, since we'll be stimulating the UWM to get off their asses, work together, reform their government, coordinate and actually do something for a change instead of resting on their laurels.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: November 05, 2014, 12:20:57 pm »

You do know though, that all our characters get messed around with by Steve before they wake up from the stasis pods? We are all one of the many tiny little fingers of him in this ER world of pw's. He may have bigger fingers as well......

All hail Steve! I, for one, will swear at our former/current/future overlord. Fuck you Steve!
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10714 on: November 05, 2014, 12:35:45 pm »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: November 05, 2014, 12:38:10 pm »

If we fail humanity is still better because now we don't exist. Let's be honest here, we're one crazed AI away from eriadicating everyone due to being left unchecked.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: November 05, 2014, 12:41:36 pm »

Interest check!

http://strawpoll.me/2932843

...pfffft. XD

Imma abstain, just so as not to skew the poll too much. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10717 on: November 05, 2014, 01:04:09 pm »

Interest check!

http://strawpoll.me/2932843
...pfffft. XD
Indeed.

Since the MAC suits are so overpriced, why don't you just make a PC suit?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: November 05, 2014, 01:05:27 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: November 05, 2014, 02:00:00 pm »

So. Who do you think will start the fighting on ship?

My money is not on Xan, though he's my second choice.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: November 05, 2014, 02:01:00 pm »

Who is your money on, then?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: November 05, 2014, 02:02:16 pm »

What's a MACS, if somebody doesn't mind enlightening me? I haven't exactly read much of Techland, being slightly turned off by other people's tinker tedium. I suspect I have no use for one, but I'd like to confirm.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: November 05, 2014, 02:04:15 pm »

Who is your money on, then?
The guy charging an exo bonus. I haven't seen Xan post yet, though, so for all we know...
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: November 05, 2014, 02:05:20 pm »

What's a MACS, if somebody doesn't mind enlightening me? I haven't exactly read much of Techland, being slightly turned off by other people's tinker tedium. I suspect I have no use for one, but I'd like to confirm.
The very short version is a modular suit design, but I'm not sure that's quite right.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: November 05, 2014, 02:07:17 pm »

I'm kinda glad that I'm a walking Arsenal in a MK3.
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 2205