Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486339 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10515 on: October 29, 2014, 04:15:35 pm »

We seriously need QEC droids for haphaestus/sword interaction.

So much to do and so much getting in the way.

You should accept, like it seems everyone else has, that Tinker is as close as you're getting without requesting and getting approval to visit in the flesh.

Also, even if we did make such a system (which would probably give PW a bit of a migraine), Auron would likely be barred anyways - Simus seriously does not trust him, with very good reason.
You realize of course that Auron (and anyone else for that matter) would be more dangerous in person right?
QEC droids are not only more useful, but they are also safer for you. Especially if you install remote shutdown controls.

As far as she's concerned, Auron tried to kill her (I know you weren't trying to, but she can't exactly see the bold text and dice that are marionetting all the people in this game). It would be hard enough to get her trust back after assaulting her with obvious intent, but after lethal force? Good luck.

And as you might be able to see from how she acted towards Auron after she woke back up, she's not going to be entirely rational about it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: October 29, 2014, 04:27:16 pm »

-sigh-

You know there are several ways to do this better, yes? If you ever want to get the most out of those powers, you'll have to start using your head better.

At least you're charging a bonus this time.
Yeah, but truth be told I can't do much until I save up enough tokens to get a perfect decomp. Otherwise there's always a risk of messing up.
Don't worry though, STAN was a very specific instance that shouldn't happen again.
And the time I tried to create a Xanling was when I wanted to watch the AM fighting Grate without actually being there, so I was a little pressed for time.

No Xan, I'm not talking about any sort of in-game objects. I'm saying that you, the stud behind the keyboard, have to use your brain. There are things you could do, precautions you could take, measures to consider, which would increase your chances and make you a better flesh horror overall.

To prove I'm not talking out of my ass, I once did a little exercise with Kri about this, you can ask him.

@U_P: what kind of things would you even wanna do that require any sort of 'physical presence' on Hep?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: October 29, 2014, 04:33:50 pm »

Yeah, that makes sense, but putting effort into things like this isn't something I'm good at or very interested in doing. Sure I could be a better flesh horror, and I do still have those long lists of suggestions you gave me, but then ... I dunno, really.
Though I am interested as to what you did with Kriyella. I'll PM him about that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: October 29, 2014, 04:41:55 pm »

Im gonna go with everything pyro is neglecting.

Pill machine, power sphere, eating civilians, repairing spidertanks, investigating nyarstifacts, investigating the glow worm gun that for some reason is still in my inventory despite it probably having been shipped off already.

You know... stuff...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: October 29, 2014, 04:58:10 pm »

Pill machine, power sphere, eating civilians, repairing spidertanks, investigating nyarstifacts, investigating the glow worm gun that for some reason is still in my inventory despite it probably having been shipped off already.

You know... stuff...
Pills would be great. Give every newbie a random pill out of stasis. One that has known beneficial effects, like armor plating or something. Maybe make tailored pills for whatever role the newbie wants. We could have Melee pills, tank pills, amper pills, stuff like that. Would be neat.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: October 29, 2014, 04:58:22 pm »

Yeah, that makes sense, but putting effort into things like this isn't something I'm good at or very interested in doing. Sure I could be a better flesh horror, and I do still have those long lists of suggestions you gave me, but then ... I dunno, really.
Though I am interested as to what you did with Kriyella. I'll PM him about that.

My heart weeps for the potential untapped.

My talk with kri was nothing mind-shattering, more a little test, and it turned out he did rather well!

You know... stuff...

Hah, yeah, there is much work to be done yet. But you can't just blame pyro for that, he's busy in RL. And pyro, I think you can agree that another set of hands might be helpful?

Hmm. Perhaps a compromise can be found (*puts on negotiation hat*).

Pyro, is there any way, at all, that would make Simus allow Auron to do some work on Hep? If yes, what restrictions should there be in terms of security (eg quantum body cannot leave a certain room), freedom (eg he can only work on a certain project after getting permission, and has to follow orders given sans complaints on punishment of banning him from Hep), work load (eg Auron has to do a certain project/job first before being allowed to do something he'd like to do, as a sort of reward for good services delivered) and whatever else?

U_P, what would you like in terms of freedom, and can you give pyro/Siums any reassurances? What would seem mine a balanced deal to you, taking into account your character's past interactions?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: October 29, 2014, 05:05:49 pm »

We should team up, Xan. I will use the DEATHCUBE to make you more powerful! Or maybe just make you bright yellow. Y'know, whatever you want.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: October 29, 2014, 05:08:43 pm »

Hey, if I survive M18 and find out about the pill machine IC, you think I could ask for them to put Mesk's arm in the pill machine? I think it might still have some nanobots in it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: October 29, 2014, 05:11:42 pm »

The pill machine thing gives me an idea for if there's ever a mission where we need to slay a dragon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: October 29, 2014, 05:23:36 pm »

Ah, weep not, Radio. I'm going to do interesting stuff with my powers eventually, but for now I wanna take it slowly because if I don't I just uncontrollably waste biomass. Plus I gotta maintain cover now that some people on ship will try to kill me because they witnessed STAN.

But then I also have to get that info...
Busy busy. Lots of IC stuff to accomplish.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: October 29, 2014, 05:38:18 pm »

Been interested in joining this for a while. Is this the right place to post this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wiki'd, but you do know that the +/-1s are to rolls, not the stats themselves, right? So your +1s to Uncon and Intuition are cancelled out by your lack of a point in them, meaning that your highest bonus is a 1/3rd chance of a +1 to Con. Weapons.
Yeah, I was trying to avoid negatives to stuff, but I would like a stat boost in something, so I'll tweak it slightly.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: October 29, 2014, 05:39:06 pm »

Easy for you to say when it's not your mission at stake.

True.  If I ever join missions, then I'll probably be one of the first people who says "this is a terrible idea and you will greatly regret it." when people try stuff like that.  However, I'm not on that mission, and neither of the people warning him were either.  So, from their perspective, why would they warn him and potentially make the mission less interesting to read?

You know... stuff...

You're not pompous at all.  How about, if this is bugging you so much, you inform us Heph people what we should be working on instead of what we are.  By all means, I'd be happy to hear your suggestions.  In fact, I'll respond to all those suggestions:

Spoiler: Inside here (click to show/hide)

This all said, we really do need more hands on Hephaestus.  We started with five people, and that's dropped off to only two.  This is partially why I asked about the levelups- I think people would be more likely to join us if they can train skills while staying on Heph.  Maybe we could pay people?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: October 29, 2014, 05:42:54 pm »

I wouldn't mind spending a mission cycle on Heph researching stuff.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: October 29, 2014, 05:57:31 pm »

Maybe we can have player-controlled scientists there.  Yet another active thing to be doing.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: October 29, 2014, 06:05:58 pm »

I, for one, would love to have you join us.  Pyro's the one who vets people though, so it's his choice.  He might give you a tinkering test first though- we had to make an anti-battlesuit CON weapon before we could join.

Oh, I just got a crazy idea- what if everyone on Heph got a salary of tokens, with the exact amount we get paid decided by the Council.  People who were useful to our overall war effort because they designed useful things, or gave good orders, would be paid more.  People who got distracted by obsessing over their own pet projects without ending up with useful stuff (like me, at times >.>), would get paid less.

The tokens would be used for either bartering with Sword bound people, or used to buy equipment when they leave (I imagine we wouldn't be allowed to keep whatever we build on Heph, else people will leave with 60+ tokens worth of equipment.).

This'd prevent people from wasting time on personal projects of dubious use, encourage people to prioritize important projects like the space magic facility, and encourage people to visit for a cycle or two.  I don't see any way to abuse it offhand, and I'm usually pretty good at figuring out how to abuse mechanics.
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 2205