Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488288 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10425 on: October 25, 2014, 06:31:20 pm »

You remember what happened when whats his face punched the cultist door with his kinamp?
Imagine that times ten when im surrounded by newbies, yeah im not the only one screwed by this.

Also no teleporting spider to pull individual teammates out of potential permadeath situations.

Is that a... threat, but aimed towards our poor helpless newbies?
You brigand!

And besides, once (if) it's revered engineered you'll be able to buy one. Horrific teleporting spiders are not out of reach yet.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: October 25, 2014, 06:31:22 pm »

Sell it to both of us? Its mine to use but i have to submit it for reverse engineering first?
I don't see this working, the heph people tend to take a lot of time with their research. Sides, co-ownership will generate too much trouble.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: October 25, 2014, 06:35:18 pm »

You remember what happened when whats his face punched the cultist door with his kinamp?
Imagine that times ten when im surrounded by newbies, yeah im not the only one screwed by this.

Also no teleporting spider to pull individual teammates out of potential permadeath situations.

Is that a... threat, but aimed towards our poor helpless newbies?
You brigand!

And besides, once (if) it's revered engineered you'll be able to buy one. Horrific teleporting spiders are not out of reach yet.
Not a threat per se, but now its your fault when i inevitable kill someone :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: October 25, 2014, 06:39:42 pm »

Y'all crazy mutha fukas are the reason I'm upgrading my shield.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: October 25, 2014, 06:43:36 pm »

Oh yeah, about that, you know Miya could maybe do that himself, do you?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: October 25, 2014, 06:45:48 pm »

Oh yeah, about that, you know Miya could maybe do that himself, do you?
I did not. Either ways, I want to become a shielded medic by my own means. ... Kind of. I mean, I'd need others but... eh never mind.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: October 25, 2014, 10:43:44 pm »

You sure you dont wanna sell it to me?
honestly, I don't care what anyone does with it, I just want this thing out of my hands for the highest amount of money I can sell it for.

Two problems: I'm not sure of our (my, really) ability to ask Steve to give tokens. And I don't want to set precedent of people buying Nyartefacts and then immediately turning around and selling them to Heph for a profit.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: October 25, 2014, 11:56:33 pm »

Even if we can't directly give tokens, we can certainly pay people.  We can produce anything we want and send it along, so at worst we can barter items.  Anyways, it makes logical sense for us to be able to buy stuff- those artifacts are potentially very useful, so we should have some method of getting them.  I doubt PW wants us to basically mug any player that gets a useful nyartifact, so paying them in tokens makes sense.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: October 26, 2014, 12:27:42 am »

Even if we can't directly give tokens, we can certainly pay people.  We can produce anything we want and send it along, so at worst we can barter items.  Anyways, it makes logical sense for us to be able to buy stuff- those artifacts are potentially very useful, so we should have some method of getting them.  I doubt PW wants us to basically mug any player that gets a useful nyartifact, so paying them in tokens makes sense.

Barter would be my preferred method. We just have to keep in mind the cost of the nyartefacts - we shouldn't be going and giving people exoskeletons for 'small' packages.

And even if we could pay in tokens and /or tickets for more, I doubt PW would want us to let people break even - what's to stop them from taking their new tokens/ticket for a freebie and getting another nyartefact to sell to us? It'd be like a slot machine refunding the exact amount you put in it, even when you lose completely.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: October 26, 2014, 01:44:16 am »

Transport, shipping and handling costs. And breakages as a result of dodgy postmen. Problem solved.
It's a game. Have fun.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: October 26, 2014, 02:05:18 am »

If Miyamoto handles requisition of nayrtifacts through the team fund, then I don't see the problem? They could still barter for stuff directly, should thy want, but this solves the 'infinite pool of tokens problem'. And I'm a giant cheapskate, so no worries about me buying just anything at the price they payed for it.

Besides, there is a huuuge backlog already, so it's not like we'll be buying a ton of them.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:21:06 am by Radio Controlled »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: October 26, 2014, 02:18:25 am »

I kinda have issue with using the team fund to buy artifacts for heph, that shit is meant to be distributed post mission to pay people with.

Heph already gets all the cool artifacts we find, they shouldnt get our pay as well.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: October 26, 2014, 02:32:12 am »

The team fund isn't really for paying people, that's what the loot pools are for (though it could be used for that in a pinch if it's really nessesary). It's for giving newbs a little leg up, buying (mostly consumables) mission gear and paying people for doing certain jobs.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: October 26, 2014, 02:34:22 am »

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

How are we talking about tokens when there's this to discuss?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: October 26, 2014, 02:42:09 am »

The team fund isn't really for paying people, that's what the loot pools are for (though it could be used for that in a pinch if it's really nessesary). It's for giving newbs a little leg up, buying (mostly consumables) mission gear and paying people for doing certain jobs.
So basically your screwing the newbies over so you can add items no-one can afford to the armory? You fiend.

mwahaha, now your the bad guy.

Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 2205