Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490055 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10290 on: October 23, 2014, 04:20:11 pm »

I am very permanantly dead right? Just want to make sure Mr. Punchy is dead before I bring in amperella.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: October 23, 2014, 04:21:32 pm »

You disintegrated into ash. Yer toast.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: October 23, 2014, 04:22:25 pm »

I object to the fact experienced/older guy rolled a freaking 8. 8 with a mass murder manipulator and did nothing whatsoever but knock him over, while a 6 for random schmuck X was "You instantly kill the person you weren't trying to kill and therefore also yourself. Permanently.'
If you think the body count on a mission is a bit low, "kill some newbs, nobody cares if they die' is less than appropriate.

Ppe: Yes. Don't get much deader than 'mind wiped, instakilled, incinerated, blown away in a desert'.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: October 23, 2014, 04:28:17 pm »

That was brought down to a seven, and he was essentially bitchslapped with rope, as well him not having any intent to hurt the host. We also don't know if there were any wounds caused by that, or if it mattered, because the dude with the laser cutter decided that shooting at the host in an attempt to do serious harm actually did serious harm.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10294 on: October 23, 2014, 04:31:26 pm »

It wasnt the roll that killed pufferfish, it was the fact he physically touched the eater.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: October 23, 2014, 04:35:16 pm »

*serious disablement
*instant death

The point is, from where I'm sitting, it looks like "Multi-mission fleshed-out character? Pass." ""Characterless redshirt? Muahahaha."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: October 23, 2014, 04:56:13 pm »

Gorat hit Cecil with a cannonball of bunched up rope. Cecil has natural bone armour designed to resist impact.
Then Dern lasered him.
If he was less armoured, Gorat might be the eater of cold.

Also, I am so fucking lucky that number I chose did no damage.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: October 23, 2014, 04:58:19 pm »

Seeing as how he targeted the rope, and you targeted Cecil, it makes sense. His overshoot meant he didn't have fine control, just like yours. The difference is that you rolled the equivalent of excessive force with a death beam, while he used excessive force with rope.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: October 23, 2014, 05:04:23 pm »

Seeing as how he targeted the rope, and you targeted Cecil, it makes sense. His overshoot meant he didn't have fine control, just like yours. The difference is that you rolled the equivalent of excessive force with a death beam, while he used excessive force with rope.
Uh... you do know how heavy good rope is right? Getting killed by it makes a lot of sense.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: October 23, 2014, 05:08:23 pm »

Uh... you do know how heavy good rope is right? Getting killed by it makes a lot of sense.

Especially when blasted at ridiculous speeds.

On the other hand, I wasn't aware that Mr. Apply-kinetic-amps-to-host had physical trauma reinforcements, so there's that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10300 on: October 23, 2014, 05:26:56 pm »

I object to the fact experienced/older guy rolled a freaking 8. 8 with a mass murder manipulator and did nothing whatsoever but knock him over, while a 6 for random schmuck X was "You instantly kill the person you weren't trying to kill and therefore also yourself. Permanently.'
If you think the body count on a mission is a bit low, "kill some newbs, nobody cares if they die' is less than appropriate.

Ppe: Yes. Don't get much deader than 'mind wiped, instakilled, incinerated, blown away in a desert'.
The rope fucked him up pretty good. He has natural bone armor and is pretty tough, but even still, If you hadn't used a cutting laser, which was used for freaking asteroid mining and ship dismantlement, I'll remind you, on him then he probably would have died a turn or two later. You just happened to kill him faster and harder. Ya sashimi'd him. Eater Don't care about anyone except who dealt the death blow.

And don't get me wrong, perma-killing is harsh, I know, but it would have happened to whoever did it, regardless of who they were. When I set this up I assumed this wouldn't happen more then once, let alone twice in quick succession.

But ya rolled a six with a high powered weapon while trying to dismember a guy who is laying on the ground. I can't think of a way that wouldn't end up killing him.

*serious disablement
*instant death

The point is, from where I'm sitting, it looks like "Multi-mission fleshed-out character? Pass." ""Characterless redshirt? Muahahaha."
Again, if milno comes down and kills the eater's host I will wipe and insta-kill him too. I don't play favorites. I've got a long list of dead men to show for it.
Gorat hit Cecil with a cannonball of bunched up rope. Cecil has natural bone armour designed to resist impact.
Then Dern lasered him.
If he was less armoured, Gorat might be the eater of cold.

Also, I am so fucking lucky that number I chose did no damage.
Basically this, yeah.

Normal person pretty much would have been. But Cecil wasn't normal.

In conclusion: STOP ATTACKING THE FUCKING EATER OF COLD. Or at least if you do, be ready for the consequences. Don't think I won't TPK this mission one person at a time if this becomes a murder-possession conga line.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10301 on: October 23, 2014, 05:28:44 pm »

Oh and, while I don't have any plan to have you be able to come back from this, MAYBE if they can think up some neat way of getting it out of you without killing the body you might still be saved. Amnesiac with horrible nightmares, but saved.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: October 23, 2014, 05:34:15 pm »

I'm so proud of myself. I'm sorry I SNAFU'd this mission, I really didn't mean to kill the woman. But this is just hilarious.

I'll do better next time I promise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: October 23, 2014, 05:45:27 pm »

Oh and, while I don't have any plan to have you be able to come back from this, MAYBE if they can think up some neat way of getting it out of you without killing the body you might still be saved. Amnesiac with horrible nightmares, but saved.
Seems like we're too busy saving ourselves to save him. I wonder if I'd get flashbacks if I touched the Eater under the shroud. You know, before I get burnt to a crisp.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: October 23, 2014, 05:46:49 pm »

Well, I'm attempting to Diplomacize the Eater, so maybe you should keep running.....
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 2205