Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2430847 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9795 on: October 08, 2014, 01:49:13 am »

...Okay, I rescind my previous advice.  Don't get anything related to space magic, please, and if you do, go for a manip so you can at least throw it away.

First, automanips are not field manips.  The former is a very specialized piece of hardware produced in a factory- you'd have to custom order it from heph, we'd spend a month or two designing it, then it would be sent to you (for a price of fifteen+ tokens, if you want a 50' beam) in one of the supply shuttles.  On top of that, it would be a massive thing the size of your torso, and could only fire once, unless it was made even larger (The size of your whole body, or maybe a car).  Even worse, it would be a CON weapon!

Also, just to end your theorizing, manip batteries cannot ever be recharged with electricity.  Ever.  The 4 TPU in a battery is cheap electricity to power the display; the three token cost of the battery is because the battery is also filled with souls.  Or something like that, we're not really sure.  We just know that we need human germ cells to grow the ammo in fleshpits, and that they somehow interact with the 'Source', utilizing an 'Oslaov Spear'.  Sean thinks the former is Cthulu's left testicle.  So yeah.  Space magic is weird.

...Also, that whole process with the germ cells and souls and elder privates is unnessesary with amps.  Food for thought.
I disagree.
Automanipulators can be created on the Sword (perhaps with the modification of certain parts?). They don't cost too much (if you want them to do something simple). However being mass produced does help (the automanipulator shield is just 7 tokens). And I'm pretty sure amps are made in the same factory as manipulators. After all, humans have no supernatural abilities.

Ninja'd by sword.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: October 08, 2014, 04:50:22 am »

I'm happy enough with the answer. Amps drain the user's soul, manipulators can't be recharged with electricity. I'm hoping pw makes longer-term adjustments for soul-less players of the exotic type. Humans against the multi+/-verse and all that.

Yep, we can make *anything* on the Sword. I just hope pw stops handing out 7-15 token thingies to *every fucking one*.

Complain about player-broken economy a year or more ago, break economy as DM. Wonder why noobs don't give a fuck about the economy of the game you created........
It's a game. Have fun.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: October 08, 2014, 08:11:34 am »

If there was a significant economical system in place I think that could actually be somewhat fun. Especially if players could earn tokens by doing stuff to help increase our power through trade. I mean, who hasn't wanted to play as a black market trader at one point or another?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: October 08, 2014, 08:28:28 am »

Too bad. Idea was an simple one though, just appoint a person as your 'apprentice' or whatever, wait a mission or 2 while teaching some stuff, and then officially pass over your position to that person. Position filled, and you get the burden off your back.

That would imply I trust anyone with a position of power at least half as much as I trust myself not to abuse it. Also I doubt Steve would let Jim off that easy after handpicking him, soooo... :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: October 08, 2014, 08:41:46 am »

If there was a significant economical system in place I think that could actually be somewhat fun. Especially if players could earn tokens by doing stuff to help increase our power through trade. I mean, who hasn't wanted to play as a black market trader at one point or another?

Totally missing the point of a 5 token +? mission system.
It's a game. Have fun.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: October 08, 2014, 08:46:09 am »

Totally missing the point of a 5 token +? mission system.
Oh, I just saw economy and thought that would be a fun thing to play with. 5 tokens a mission is kind of big.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: October 08, 2014, 10:06:16 am »

So, does anyone have any ideas on what Kyle's new cloak is going to do? I'm thinking mind rape. The description was culty enough.
I think mind rape if you do something the robe doesn't like. And ability to pass judgement.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: October 08, 2014, 10:22:40 am »

We probably should have brought some cool mysterious artifacts with us.  Besides the Rainbow Cannon I'm not sure what all we have.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9803 on: October 08, 2014, 10:36:35 am »

We probably should have brought some cool mysterious artifacts with us.  Besides the Rainbow Cannon I'm not sure what all we have.
We should had brought some silly hats. We'd give them to Renen, say "lo and behold, I am going to perform a miracle" and then a bunch of silly hats would inexplicably appear on their heads, followed by a gust of wind.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: October 08, 2014, 10:59:30 am »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: October 08, 2014, 11:01:49 am »

I was totally expecting a Nyars discussion in there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: October 08, 2014, 11:32:22 am »

Mesk's pyramid weapon might be good to mention, also how it was reverse engineered. Just pray Steve didn't let UWM know about it.

@syvarris: I think space magic requires human germ cells so The Source knows what species it should listen.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:33:21 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: October 08, 2014, 11:57:15 am »

I was totally expecting AM to mean the beautiful dark-haired woman behind the counter on the Sword. :P
Spoiler: On Magical Space Boxes (click to show/hide)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9808 on: October 08, 2014, 12:15:07 pm »

Whose got two thumbs and only one kidney? This guy!

No wonder I have such a fetish for dismemberment and amputation eh?

Also damn it, there goes my retirement plans.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:22:42 pm by piecewise »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: October 08, 2014, 12:45:58 pm »

On the bright side, it means people only have a 50/50 shot of kidney punching you in a fight, PW.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 2205