Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493816 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9510 on: September 30, 2014, 03:35:19 pm »

Also, I want to use the MK3 to ROCKET PUNCH someone or something.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: September 30, 2014, 03:40:34 pm »

And man, I need to read the armory more. Didn't even realize Protectorate Armor was a thing, and it's pretty damn close to what I was going to try to design. Now I don't think I'll have to!

I didn't know the Protectorate Suit included actual armor, since as originally put it was a bodysuit with zillions of metal plates worked into it rather than what piecewise described in this latest installment. Or maybe the suit is just the 'cloth' armor.

Wait, did Feyri get the suit plus armor for half the price of a full suit of Milno-plate? Something that, just now, was explicitly stated to be heavier than Milno-plate? It doesn't help that piecewise didn't really say how much the Protectorate Armor cost.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 03:42:10 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9512 on: September 30, 2014, 03:49:20 pm »

You've got to remember that Milno-plate is custom, so it's bound to be a bit more expensive. But you're right, the description does differ a bit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: September 30, 2014, 04:07:09 pm »

The whole set of Milno-plate is pretty heavy, maybe even more so than the protectorate suit - not sure - which is why Milno doesn't have the entire thing, just the pieces covering vital areas. Legs and arms are easier to replace or fix than a heart or spine.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9514 on: September 30, 2014, 04:41:24 pm »

Yttra appears from wherever she was hiding and starts wandering about the ship. She occasionally stops and stares at nothing, and at one point pushes on a wall for no apparent reason.
I bet she's looking for secret areas. There's bound to be a BFG or a Chainsaw somewhere around here.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: September 30, 2014, 05:14:42 pm »

-snip- Protectorate Armor -snip-
Wow. I do remember it being but a heavy jumpsuit with millions of metal strands in it. Guess it wasn't fully described (or understood) back then. Come to think of it, we might have been using it for years now, were it fully understood back then. Wow.
... I begin to wonder, just how strong are the High Guard armor and the Magister's Bastion?..
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: September 30, 2014, 08:51:09 pm »

get it, kill it, write it down. Got it boss. Cecil offers a half-salute and a nod of the head to Steve.
You going soft in the head from the heat already? That ain't the boss. Boss is still back on the ship.

...No, we're with Steve's synthfleshy body here. That's who the King is talking to. That's who I'm saluting. This body of Steve's.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: September 30, 2014, 08:58:31 pm »

get it, kill it, write it down. Got it boss. Cecil offers a half-salute and a nod of the head to Steve.
You going soft in the head from the heat already? That ain't the boss. Boss is still back on the ship.

...No, we're with Steve's synthfleshy body here. That's who the King is talking to. That's who I'm saluting. This body of Steve's.
Synthflesh Steve. Who said don't draw attention to him. Who also said to treat him like another inmate.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:00:58 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: September 30, 2014, 09:01:00 pm »

Doesn't mean I can't refer to him as the leader of the motley crew, which he sure appears to be, talking to the king and all. If it were Miya, he'd be referred to as boss as well.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: September 30, 2014, 11:26:04 pm »

Right. Ancient prophesy stuff? Okay, gonna start the anti-mindfuck bonuses now. And remember, it's only paranoia when you're wrong.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: October 01, 2014, 12:35:23 am »

Doesn't mean I can't refer to him as the leader of the motley crew, which he sure appears to be, talking to the king and all. If it were Miya, he'd be referred to as boss as well.
He's talkin' to the king because he's the only one that speaks the language that the king prefers to converse in. And given the instructions, I'm steering way clear of anything that could make Steve seems like...well, Steve. The Big Boss. Better safe than sorry, right?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: October 01, 2014, 12:45:17 am »

He's talkin' to the king because he's the only one that speaks the language that the king prefers to converse in. And given the instructions, I'm steering way clear of anything that could make Steve seems like...well, Steve. The Big Boss. Better safe than sorry, right?
Especially since it seems he won't be accompanying us on our execution excursion once he has interpreted and told us what to do. Might be odd for someone seen as the leader to just leave the group. And now I wonder what Steve is going to be doing while we're off possibly fucking everything up. Maybe I could convince him to buy me a rug from the bazaar.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: October 01, 2014, 01:10:23 am »

Well my character's an idiot. So there :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: October 01, 2014, 01:50:07 am »

I think there's going to be at least one underground cult that doesn't want the EoC killed properly, at least one splinter government faction that doesn't want the EoC killed so they can control it, and at least one off-the-books mercenary group led by someone who doesn't want the EoC host killed for whatever deeply personal reason (lover/spouse/best friend/loaned him a twenty last Tuesday), that are all working cross-purposes, are not willing to listen to any reason, and that you'll all have to deal with at some point during the mission. The EoC itself will be a pushover.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: October 01, 2014, 02:45:23 am »

There is also the possibility that Steve is the one who wants to weaponize it, and he's trying to steal whatever creates it while you guys fight off its current incarnation.
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 2205