Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493527 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9450 on: September 27, 2014, 07:07:44 pm »

gdi guys I don't think I can punch moss all that well. Don't make a moss monster please.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: September 27, 2014, 07:19:02 pm »

It's cool. One of the Shackle combinations might be a flamethrower. Or, you know, I have a Microwave amp.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9452 on: September 27, 2014, 07:37:39 pm »

I was talking about how introducing alien flora/fauna into a world might be a bad idea because if it survives it might screw with the local ecology.

But I wouldn't put creating some sort of moss monster beyond the team. Xan might be missing, but we aren't lacking in alien artefacts.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: September 27, 2014, 08:04:32 pm »

((Please, please don't walk into town with your guns drawn. We already look like a freak show; we don't need to be waving guns around: it'll likely just cause problems.))

IIRC the character Sambo's playing is a racist asshole, so um...good luck with convincing him to put his gun away! :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: September 27, 2014, 08:08:55 pm »

There's a difference between a racist asshole and an idiot, man. We just want to get in, get information, then probably leave the place well enough alone. You're not helping.

And let's be real: who would actually mess with a motley crew like ours?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9455 on: September 27, 2014, 08:11:03 pm »

Made a very simple template for the Armoury page that you can use to navigate more easily and link to specific parts of it. That means that you can link to items that do not have a page. It also means that all items are forced to have a uniform look that you can easily change by editing the template.

You can see the demonstration here.

Any objections or should I transfer it to the main Armoury page?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: September 27, 2014, 08:36:54 pm »

Moss monsters. Weird death tube attached to the arm of one of the members of said crew. Eaters of cold. Anything else PW thinks of. Lots of shit would mess with a motley crew like ours.  :P
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: September 27, 2014, 09:27:12 pm »

Moss monsters. Weird death tube attached to the arm of one of the members of said crew. Eaters of cold. Anything else PW thinks of. Lots of shit would mess with a motley crew like ours.  :P
Don't forget the police when someone happens to roll that one when trying to haggle over that rug for their locker. And shoots the shopkeeper. May.

Oh dear. May was a good character.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: September 27, 2014, 10:13:30 pm »

"Right, I hope yous' got some decent clothing. Let's see what we-WOAH. No one warned me about the sausage festival. Pardon."

Slip past naked dudes, examine clothing, see if it differs from what the men are wearing. Change in the most inconspicuous part of the aircraft.
Modesty. Ha!

She'll get used to it eventually, but this is her first time she's been exposed to this type of stuff, and she's the lone sixteen year old female surrounded by naked dudes. At least she always has some handy emasculating remarks lying around.

Don't forget the police when someone happens to roll that one when trying to haggle over that rug for their locker. And shoots the shopkeeper. May.

Oh dear. May was a good character.

May will be back.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: September 27, 2014, 10:29:40 pm »

Stand next to Jim and/or Miyamoto, standing confident but relaxed.  Have the Pyramid of Power slowly orbiting around me.
Watxch this be a roll of a 1 or a 6 that either vaporizes mesk or the greeters  :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: September 27, 2014, 10:51:44 pm »

Sambo's not racist. Just rude, swears a lot, and doesn't like anybody. It's democratic hatred, not specific racism. Anti-communist? Yes. Trigger happy idiot? Yes. Racist? No.

On the gun thing, carrying them does remove PWs ability to go "Is that a death-tube in your pocket, or are you just displeased to see me?" with one of the NPCs. Precisely when has a mission ever been as simple as get in, get information, get out? We've even got Steve along to help get us all killed this time, just in case we're doing too well.
It's a game. Have fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: September 27, 2014, 10:55:18 pm »

Steve coming along is hilarity potential.  I think, however, you're missing the obvious reason; we clearly need babysitters.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: September 27, 2014, 11:31:30 pm »

Too bad we have an objective in Mission 16, I want to just look around in the stores and the city. Perhaps that's something to do when the mission's over.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: September 27, 2014, 11:38:09 pm »

You might get a chance to do that anyways, kinda depends on how long this takes us to do. Wouldn't hurt to have a couple people that know the layout of the city.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: September 28, 2014, 12:51:23 am »

Steve coming along is hilarity potential.  I think, however, you're missing the obvious reason; we clearly need babysitters.
How'd he have babysat M15?
Actually it's implied he knows what Xan is, so maybe he could've.
Makes you wonder why he let me walk around, but eh.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 2205