Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491786 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9390 on: September 26, 2014, 06:00:04 am »

Look at Gilgamesh to see if it has the same effect on me. Then ask Steve for something that can cover up Gilgamesh that doesn't permanently cover up his terrifying paintjob (like an easy to wash of paint).
((Easy to wash paint on a planet where wasting water is one of the greatest faux pass you can make?))
((Considering what you'll be wasting it on, I think anyone who witnesses you doing so won't be in the right state of mind to complain about it.))
Behold my magical trick! By power of Adam Selene the all-present, I pour this water over my battlesuit steed and turn said water into... pure terror!
Or "Wasting water has caused the wrath of god to befall them and transformed them into hideous demons! Kill them!"

If Gilgamesh had a head I'd ask for a cloak, but without a head I'd just look like a bad attempt to imitate the unseen monster from OOTS.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: September 26, 2014, 06:10:47 am »

Hmmm. Wait, if not a cloak, you can go tabard.
Just have it have a hole where the cameras are (it's 'torso-head', I think - or was it?), and it'll be fine. You can then sew/paint some more heraldry on the tabard... potentially leading to it having to be covered as well, until Gilgamesh is nothing but a giant clothball with weapons and cameras sticking out of the holes :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: September 26, 2014, 06:15:05 am »

You, know, the lack of head on the Battlesuit always bugged me. I understand why it doesn't need a head, but why can't it have one? Weld a swiveling hardpoint onto the top plate, with a remote-controlled drone with cameras and a laser rifle stuck to it. No compromised armor, and you get both a head and an extra turret.

Too late for a little tinkering?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9393 on: September 26, 2014, 06:47:24 am »

Yeah, I could go for something like this, if only for the intimidation factor. Although I doubt making the battlesuit even taller would help with my mobility.

Another fun thing to add would be some kind of pilot assist mode that would inform you of things and execute simple commands. Something like KITT.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: September 26, 2014, 09:17:36 am »

Are you sure you don't mean Hasselhoff? It's pretty damn debatable on which was the simpler robot in that.
It's a game. Have fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: September 26, 2014, 09:21:37 am »

Completely irrelevant, but reading back I noticed this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg4602231#msg4602231
I still want to see Morul try that with his void suit.

Until you try it a second time in a mission and come back to Timmy, who just finished eating the first person.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9396 on: September 26, 2014, 09:36:50 am »

Are you sure you don't mean Hasselhoff? It's pretty damn debatable on which was the simpler robot in that.
Well, I could always go for something simpler, since one of our chief engineers is Russian...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: September 26, 2014, 10:06:17 am »

Speaking of Battlesuits, I just updated the wiki entry for them.  Added the description of the armor itself and a few variant details.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: September 26, 2014, 10:43:22 am »

If Pyro doesn't restart Hep himself sometime soon, I'm just gonna ask pw to start running actions again. Can't keep that thread frozen forever.

I'm working on it. I've got multiple pages (on 50ppp) to sort through and not as much time as I'd like to do it in.

Also, everyone seems to have forgotten the free prototype suits in the mad rush for free prototype weapons.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:46:27 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: September 26, 2014, 10:50:51 am »

Those weapons are our tax dollars at work!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: September 26, 2014, 11:00:32 am »

Look at Gilgamesh to see if it has the same effect on me. Then ask Steve for something that can cover up Gilgamesh that doesn't permanently cover up his terrifying paintjob (like an easy to wash of paint).
((Easy to wash paint on a planet where wasting water is one of the greatest faux pass you can make?))
((Considering what you'll be wasting it on, I think anyone who witnesses you doing so won't be in the right state of mind to complain about it.))
Behold my magical trick! By power of Adam Selene the all-present, I pour this water over my battlesuit steed and turn said water into... pure terror!
Or "Wasting water has caused the wrath of god to befall them and transformed them into hideous demons! Kill them!"

If Gilgamesh had a head I'd ask for a cloak, but without a head I'd just look like a bad attempt to imitate the unseen monster from OOTS.

Paris, two small things: one, who ever said we'll be washing it off on the planet? Negotiating is rather hard when half the people involved are projectile vomiting. Two, in case we do need/want to do that, I can literally create water out of thin air. Worst come to worst, I bend away the paint with the manip.

If Pyro doesn't restart Hep himself sometime soon, I'm just gonna ask pw to start running actions again. Can't keep that thread frozen forever.

I'm working on it. I've got multiple pages (on 50ppp) to sort through and not as much time as I'd like to do it in.

Also, everyone seems to have forgotten the free prototype suits in the mad rush for free prototype weapons.

Or two newbs are getting a Mk.III for this mission. M18 people could use it, but hey, nobody seems interested. Though lack of advertisement might have had a hand in that.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: September 26, 2014, 11:10:35 am »

There's proto-armor? I don't think that got into the armory.
Sign me up retroactively though. What exactly were the armor specs?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: September 26, 2014, 11:11:51 am »

Yeah, looking back, there are only prototype weapons in the armory.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9403 on: September 26, 2014, 12:10:22 pm »

@RC: I was just joking. You can cover me with bubble wrap for all I care. In fact, I think I once covered the old mining exosuit with bubble wrap. Ah, memories...

Besides, I don't think I'll be doing much negotiating from inside Gilgamesh. I'll either be standing somewhere a good distance away, not directly visible but enough to still be an intimidating presence or I'll be talking while outside the battlesuit. The only part where the paint would have any effect would be during the initial meeting, where we will be exchanging meetings and I'll be using it to make a good first impression.

FAKEDIT: Aaahhh, you covered it... Oh well. You're the general.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: September 26, 2014, 12:13:37 pm »

The MCP suits never got a writeup. Honestly, I'm not even sure of their specs at the moment.

But they're not armor. They're more Mk1+. Far less bulky, better heat exchanger, some of the survivability devices from the Mk2. Just a more streamlined and user-friendly Mk1, really. Where a regular Mk1 is somewhat like a current spacesuit - roomy, slightly bulky - the MCP suit I think is more like this:

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 2205