Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493914 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8640 on: August 29, 2014, 06:47:42 pm »

Meh, might have to bodge-job it then. Although, it might make for some fun RP message-passing from me to the chief to the AM, so I'll try it that way.

But 3 for the generator, 1 for bits is still within my budget.
It's a game. Have fun.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: August 29, 2014, 06:50:39 pm »

Ask AM to clarify the exact prices for you. My data comes from tinkering results from more than two years ago, Piecewise might have changed his mind on those since then.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: August 29, 2014, 06:59:29 pm »

I'll ask the chief to clarify on prices. Otherwise pw might want some fun.

You look at the AM's tits and your robotic arm starts vibrating slightly.

The words don't come out right.

"So me and the lovely chief pow-wow here wanna put some more power into my penis extension together. As a team. Could you throw us a bone, love?"

PW can make -2 speech evil.
It's a game. Have fun.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: August 29, 2014, 07:02:05 pm »

He didn't seem to for me, but then again Xan was probably Xannish enough not to need to.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: August 29, 2014, 07:08:00 pm »

Does anyone know how to add in links on the wiki? I was gonna edit in my character sheet to include missions 11 and 12, but I'm not sure how to link.
I think its something like [pagename|displayedtext]

Hit edit on aurons inventory section, it has links to mission 14.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: August 29, 2014, 08:00:27 pm »

Does anyone know how to add in links on the wiki? I was gonna edit in my character sheet to include missions 11 and 12, but I'm not sure how to link.

That, but double brackets.
Ex: [[Mission 15|STAN]] would link to Mission 15, and the link would be labelled "STAN".

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: August 29, 2014, 08:03:03 pm »

I remembered we have a tesla sabre with us, so I may edit my post and add charging a dynamic bonus to cut the guy's head off. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that, so Skylar may want to cut his head off with the torch anyway; it's a simple enough task someone not suffering from drug crash may just do it without rolling for it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: August 29, 2014, 09:14:30 pm »

That, but double brackets.
Ex: [[Mission 15|STAN]] would link to Mission 15, and the link would be labelled "STAN".
Huh. Okay then.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: August 29, 2014, 09:47:54 pm »

Is the plug.dj room still a thing?  It seems to be in perpetual maintenance mode these days.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: August 29, 2014, 10:04:46 pm »

I'll be back when it's not in maint, assuming that ever happens.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: August 29, 2014, 10:52:55 pm »

The Doc knows the source; you could always ask if he's got a lead on another source.

Then he'll probably surprise syringe you and do some experimentation on you.
The last time I asked the Doctor about medical stuff, I saw the Sheep.

Also, I wonder if the Shackle's shock spike could pierce and electrocute a battlesuit. Or AoW. Although I think PW would bring out a really big balancing hammer if I could use it to kill an AoW and found out.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: August 30, 2014, 12:30:07 am »

How do you calculate explosion radius anyway?

Shaped and unshaped methods would also be helpful.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: August 30, 2014, 02:27:40 am »

@PyroDesu If I may ask, wouldn't you perhaps want to 'modernize' the Civic Defender's Longcoat a bit before using it? Perhaps with a layer of reflective paint (I think it was mentioned at some point, and it probably is quite cheap as well, if as much protection against lasers as the longcoat is against bullets), or something like that. Or maybe even a very toned-down protectorate suit? It's already similar in shape and design, so it might work out better.

Moreover, please, test its effectiveness against the crystalline projector. That is a weapon I still can't think of a proper counter to (well, maybe the MkII irises could work, but then they'd probably have to be strengthened considerably...).

And lastly, if possible, consider including better radiation and electricity insulation. It might actually be even more important than adding ordinary armor, as that is readily available, while insulation is best done at suit level, I think.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: August 30, 2014, 03:31:38 am »

I kinda think everything involving armor should wait until we can have ARESTEVE do the research and designing I ordered him to. Kinda pointless to use outdated armor in designs now if better things should become available shortly.

Secondly, I'd vote that instead of making an armored Mk.II, we keep medical functions in the suit and use a seperate longcoat-like idea for armor. Mostly because robots have no use for medical stuff, while regular humans can still just buy the suit and the armor separately.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:42:07 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: August 30, 2014, 03:50:26 am »

"Ummmm. Steve? Can you confirm my location? I seem to be getting ready for re-entry."

If I don't receive a message from Steve, press the button. If I do hear from Steve, prepare a dynamic bonus to stop my descent.

((Oh.))

Oh indeed.  *grabs impending doom brand popcorn and hovers ominously over the safety sign* :D
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 2205